Upcoming Transatlantic - will I need a coat?

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
Sailing May 15th. Bringing a close knit poncho, hat, gloves and a light windbreaker that can be layered with a heavy sweater. I'm assuming that the indoor areas of the ship will be kept at a comfortable temperature but I have no idea what to expect outdoors. I'd like very much to sit outside and read but I don't want to freeze my tushie!

Gulp....I guess I better re evaluate my suitcase.

Open Atlantic. ....

Yes indeed and a sweater or sweat shirt would not hurt either.

Have a.great trip.

AKK

Thanks. I knew I could count on my Dis friends to steer me right!

I had great luck with using the compression bags for my bulky sweaters and jackets/costs for our cruise last year (Iceland/Norway). Be careful to weigh your bag, but our 28" luggage did not end up over50lb even with using several compression bags per luggage.

It depends on how much you feel the cold. Last year I didn't take a jacket, and very rarely wore a cardigan. I tend not to feel the cold too much though. Our winters are average low-mid 50s, and I very rarely wear a jacket.

So, if you have a heavy sweater and gloves, hat, and poncho, you may be fine. :)

Was on that last year and there were some chilly days. If you are from the south, it will probably feel like winter. If you are more northern, you still want a light jacket and maybe a hat. Indoors is perfectly comfortable, but up on the pool deck I had to wear a jacket if I was out there more than a few minutes. Plan for rain too, especially when you get to Europe. Have fun, it was a great time last year.

Ok then! I got my heavier coat packed and took out a a shirt or two... I figure I can always launder my clothes...

On last year's EBTA, when we sat on deck we had a couple layers on and then would pick up a blanket that they had out for everyone. We were fine with that, sat out there reading for several hours. We weren't going on any excursions that would require more than that. We were planning on doing the same thing again this year. We didn't think we needed to bring a coat but everyone is different.

Wasn't in the Atlantic, but I needed my London Fog for sure in the Channel in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter