*** Upcoming 2013 Jan to March Disney Discount Offer : Details ***

Nice, Wood Nymph! It was only 25% savings, though, right? We have WL booked for the same week in Feb and, sure 25% is good but it's not great. We can stay at a nicer, more expensive resort, like Poly, for less money b/c the discount is higher. Drives me crazy! We're thinking of changing resorts to save even more.

Did anyone book Poly and could share their numbers? I'm considering moving my reservation from POFQ (which will only have a 5% discount) to Poly and I'd like some base to compare both options.

Right now I'm paying $3,500 for 2 people for the MYW 10 base ticket with DDP included, standard view at POFQ.

If I simulate my dates (Feb 6-15) for Poly I get $6,175 with no discounts. Applying the 35% discount I get $4,135 but if I apply the $128 pp quote I come up with $3,840. Is that correct?

EDITED:

I called Disney and the CM quote me for $4,600. Don't you guys think that is still too much?

Looks like you are applying the 35% to the total cost of the vacation, not to the room rate. the 35% is for RO. If you are looking at taking advantage of the RO discount, price out what rack rate is for the 10 days you are looking at at POLY, then take 35% off of that. The rest (dining, ticks) would be at the regular rate.

With S/P/D, you are getting a discount - kids price for dining and park tickets - instead of the room. I'm not sure exactly if that is completely how they are doing it, but in looking at the other posts on the board, this is the gist.

That being said, I think that $4,600 at the Poly for 10 days with tickets and dining sounds good to me. I might look at my dates as they are and see what I can get... Poly is my favorite.

I think we all got spoiled thinking that we were all in for free dining or something. I'm just thankful that there was a discount for my dates and I don't have to sit at my computer like a crazy woman waiting for the possibilities anymore!!!

I modified my existing reservation last night to inclulde the stay play dine promo. I received price quotes for several different scenarios fom a very patient and helpful CM, and ended up booking Feb 6-14 (8 nts) at POFQ with 8-day MYW and DDP for 2 adults & 2 kids, and saved $802.30 with the promo. :cool1: Not FD, but beats the heck outta nothin.

I am not sure on all the math for this promo. All I know is that we saved approx $45 per person per day (4 adults 10 days) from the package we had booked. Pretty darn close to free dining. I guess it all depends on dates and resorts on how much you will save with this deal.
Bottom line, I am very happy with this.:thumbsup2

Don't know if this has been asked before & I apologize if it has. We are planning a trip 1/2 - 1/7 and saw the free dining deal. We have AP's, is there any way to take advantage of the deal ? Anyone have experience doing this. Our DS will be 10 by then so free dining would be a great deal since I was just going to add it to our reservation like I did last time using the AP.

Is it possible to just add 1 day of tickets for example or do I have to get tickets for all 5 nights ? I guess if the deal can't be modified at all then whatever AP deal or general public discount will be better than nothing but I would love that free dining ;)

Looks like you are applying the 35% to the total cost of the vacation, not to the room rate. the 35% is for RO. If you are looking at taking advantage of the RO discount, price out what rack rate is for the 10 days you are looking at at POLY, then take 35% off of that. The rest (dining, ticks) would be at the regular rate.

With S/P/D, you are getting a discount - kids price for dining and park tickets - instead of the room. I'm not sure exactly if that is completely how they are doing it, but in looking at the other posts on the board, this is the gist.

That being said, I think that $4,600 at the Poly for 10 days with tickets and dining sounds good to me. I might look at my dates as they are and see what I can get... Poly is my favorite.

I think we all got spoiled thinking that we were all in for free dining or something. I'm just thankful that there was a discount for my dates and I don't have to sit at my computer like a crazy woman waiting for the possibilities anymore!!!
Thanks for enlightening me, that was exactly what I was doing.

I'll wait and call next Wednesday, if POFQ receives more than 5% discount I'll apply the discount and keep my reservation, otherwise we'll make the move to Poly.

Don't know if this has been asked before & I apologize if it has. We are planning a trip 1/2 - 1/7 and saw the free dining deal. We have AP's, is there any way to take advantage of the deal ? Anyone have experience doing this. Our DS will be 10 by then so free dining would be a great deal since I was just going to add it to our reservation like I did last time using the AP.

Is it possible to just add 1 day of tickets for example or do I have to get tickets for all 5 nights ? I guess if the deal can't be modified at all then whatever AP deal or general public discount will be better than nothing but I would love that free dining ;)

The current promotion isn't free dining, it is a discounted price of adult tickets if you buy myw tickets and dining together. With an AP, I don't know how you would apply that. There is a RO discount (varies by resort) as well, so you can still take advantage of a promotion between Jan-March if that is when you are planning on going.

I just called again to see what pricing I could get on a Deluxe resort (we are staying at a Mod), and it doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense to use the s/p/d for us because the rooms are so much more expensive. If I were to use the RO discount instead, I would think about updgrading to Deluxe. HTH

For everybody that had modified an existing reservation by adding the discount are u required to do another deposit or how does it work when ur adding discounts on to an existing reservation

I just modified an existing RO reservation. I had to pay an additional one night deposit and put it on my Disney Visa.:)

For the S/P/D promo, are Values locked into QSDP, Mods with SDP? Can I stay value and pay upgrade to regular/standard dining?

Thanks!

For everybody that had modified an existing reservation by adding the discount are u required to do another deposit or how does it work when ur adding discounts on to an existing reservation

I already had a reservation at the Polynesian. The CM just applied the S/P/D to existing ressie. No extra deposit, same reservation number. Saved over $950.00!:cool1:

We were told the minimum amount of tickets is a 2 day base. We also are getting AP since we're going twice next year.

shpdem said:

I did not have to add any more money to my deposit. But I made my initial deposit with the Disney visa back in July

Just changed our two reservations!!

We had to move one of reservations (2 adults) from the AoA LM rooms to Pop but saved $428.

Updated our reservation for AoA Nemo Suites (3 adults 3 kids) and saved $1038 :cheer2:

Both of our reservations had already been booked with the QS dining.

jodi90 said:
Just changed our two reservations!!

We had to move one of reservations (2 adults) from the AoA LM rooms to Pop but saved $428.

Updated our reservation for AoA Nemo Suites (3 adults 3 kids) and saved $1038 :cheer2:

Both of our reservations had already been booked with the QS dining.

I was under the impression the AoA suites were room only discount. Did you get p/s/d on one?

Sorry if I missed this, but does anyone know what the minimum number of park admission days I have to buy for this promotion? Is it 1 day, 2, or more?

Do you have to pay for your vacation on the DV to get the offer?
You have to make at least the $200 deposit on the Disney Visa to get the offer now. You do NOT have to pay the rest on Disney Visa.

Once this special opens to the general public on Oct 10th you can pay any way you want.

You have to make at least the $200 deposit on the Disney Visa to get the offer now. You do NOT have to pay the rest on Disney Visa.

Once this special opens to the general public on Oct 10th you can pay any way you want.

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

I am new to this and do not understand! Our trip is 01/08 thru 01/12 at AoA LM. I called to take advantage of the discount and could save $100 if I switched to POP, not worth changing in my opinion but is it because I am not staying long? When I called I expected the agent to be able to tell me how to maximize my savings but she did not offer any suggestions. Just curious, we are going no matter what!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter