• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Up at 3am for ADRs... looking forward to 180 days from now!

emmysmommy

DIS Veteran
Oh my! If I have learned nothing else from these boards (after hours and hours of reading every thread and all the wonderful advice) I learned that you MUST make your ADRs as soon as your 180 day window opens.

Lucky me, I live on the West coast and woke up at 2:58 am to start making my ADRs. Well, thanks to all the experts here I was able to get all of my ressies within about 1/2 hour of my preferred dining times including Le Cellier.

It did take a little longer than planned but that was user inexperience and the fact that it had me "check-out" at 10 reservations. Plus I had to give a credit card guarantee for Cali Grill which meant I had to go find my purse in the dark house!

So all is good. I am going to have to start some competitive eating to make room for all the meals I plan to consume...

Here's an idea of what I have booked for my family:

8/24:
Teppan Edo - lunch
Les Chefs de France - dinner

8/25:
O'hana - Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch
The Wave - Dinner

8/26:
Chef Mickey's - Breakfast
Mamma Melrose's Fantasmic dinner pkg

8/27:
Donald's Safari Breakfast
Yak & Yeti - lunch
Cali Grill - dinner

8/28:
Kona Cafe - breakfast
Rose & Crown - lunch
Grand Floridian Cafe - dinner

8/29:
Boma - breakfast
Whispering Canyon Cafe - lunch
Le Cellier - dinner HOORAY!

8/30:
1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic breakfast
Prime Time Cafe - lunch
Sci-Fi Dine In - dinner

8/31:
Cape May - breakfast
Turf Club Bar & Grill - dinner (not certain about this one, not enough feedback)

9/1:
Olivia's Cafe - breakfast
Coral Reef - dinner

9/2:
Captain's Grill - breakfast
Biergarten - lunch
Tutto Italia - dinner

9/3:
Kouzzina - breakfast

Lots of variety and we'll get to see some of the other resorts.

Now to patiently wait 179.5 days! :woohoo:

Wow, I am full just looking at all those ressies! Do you have DDP. We never get the deluxe bc we couldnt eat that much!

Oh my! If I have learned nothing else from these boards (after hours and hours of reading every thread and all the wonderful advice) I learned that you MUST make your ADRs as soon as your 180 day window opens.

Lucky me, I live on the West coast and woke up at 2:58 am to start making my ADRs. Well, thanks to all the experts here I was able to get all of my ressies within about 1/2 hour of my preferred dining times including Le Cellier.

It did take a little longer than planned but that was user inexperience and the fact that it had me "check-out" at 10 reservations. Plus I had to give a credit card guarantee for Cali Grill which meant I had to go find my purse in the dark house!

So all is good. I am going to have to start some competitive eating to make room for all the meals I plan to consume...

Here's an idea of what I have booked for my family:

8/24:
Teppan Edo - lunch
Les Chefs de France - dinner

8/25:
O'hana - Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch
The Wave - Dinner

8/26:
Chef Mickey's - Breakfast
Mamma Melrose's Fantasmic dinner pkg

8/27:
Donald's Safari Breakfast
Yak & Yeti - lunch
Cali Grill - dinner

8/28:
Kona Cafe - breakfast
Rose & Crown - lunch
Grand Floridian Cafe - dinner

8/29:
Boma - breakfast
Whispering Canyon Cafe - lunch
Le Cellier - dinner HOORAY!

8/30:
1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic breakfast
Prime Time Cafe - lunch
Sci-Fi Dine In - dinner

8/31:
Cape May - breakfast
Turf Club Bar & Grill - dinner (not certain about this one, not enough feedback)

9/1:
Olivia's Cafe - breakfast
Coral Reef - dinner

9/2:
Captain's Grill - breakfast
Biergarten - lunch
Tutto Italia - dinner

9/3:
Kouzzina - breakfast

Lots of variety and we'll get to see some of the other resorts.

Now to patiently wait 179.5 days! :woohoo:

What time is your Fantasmic Package dinner? I booked the same day! Turns out that we might not be seated together and I was at 180+10, so I was stunned!!! I had the same experience, too. Got pretty much everything within 15 minutes of when I wanted. Hope I won't need to make any changes!

yay! congrats!! Your ADRs look really good. I've been having the hardest time getting an ADR for Le Cellier...well I'm 2 months out so that's going to be close to impossible. I've been checking everyday and there must've been a cancellation because I FINALLY got an ADR!! for dinner! :banana:I'm just as excited as you!! Now for the countdown! Have fun!

What time is your Fantasmic Package dinner? I booked the same day! Turns out that we might not be seated together and I was at 180+10, so I was stunned!!! I had the same experience, too. Got pretty much everything within 15 minutes of when I wanted. Hope I won't need to make any changes!

Yeah about that... the only time available was 3:40. We are a small party of 4 so the CM didn't mention splitting us up. I just wasn't prepared to have dinner at 3:40...I'll think of it as a late lunch. They told me that they only seat between 3-5 for the Fantasmic pkg.

At least we will be enjoying the show at the same time!

yay! congrats!! Your ADRs look really good. I've been having the hardest time getting an ADR for Le Cellier...well I'm 2 months out so that's going to be close to impossible. I've been checking everyday and there must've been a cancellation because I FINALLY got an ADR!! for dinner! :banana:I'm just as excited as you!! Now for the countdown! Have fun!

Congrats! My hubby looked at me really strange when I told him that I booked all of our ressies in the middle of the night and that we actually got Le Cellier... He just said three words. "Are you crazy?". He thinks I'm obsessed. Well, yes. But is that a bad thing? He WILL enjoy all my effort in 179 days I'm sure. :yay:

Wow, I am full just looking at all those ressies! Do you have DDP. We never get the deluxe bc we couldnt eat that much!

Sorry...don't know how to do multiple quote responses yet. :confused:

We have a split reservation of 6 nites on deluxe dining and 4 nites on regular dining. I actually priced it out last night and it would be cheaper to upgrade my regular dining plan to deluxe because of all my TS meals. Of course, we could just eat more CS meals but I don't like a lot of the "fast food" type meals. Some of the sandwiches look great though!

But yeah, I think you are right... we'll have more than we can eat I'm sure.

Brenda: Well if you are crazy then you have plenty of company!! I too got up at 2:55 AM and logged on the computer to snag those August ADR's.

I had to make up for last year when on my 90 day mark (boy that sucked waiting until just 90 days out to book!!!) I almost died and had emergency surgery in the middle of the night, just 2 hours before my booking time. Here is crazy: I woke up from surgery and asked my nurse and mom what time it was. When they told me I started crying because I had missed my long awaited ADR time!! :upsidedow

Here is what we got for this year:

8/21 T-Rex dinner new
8/22 Tony's Town Square dinner new
8/23 'Ohana diner :-)love:)
8/24 Chef Mickey's dinner new
8/25 50's Primetime lunch new for the boys
8/26 Teppan Edo lunch
8/26 Le Cellier dinner
8/27 Narcoossee's dinner new
8/28 Kona Cafe breakfast new
8/28 Maya Grill dinner new
8/29 'Ohana dinner :-)love:)

Gina

Brenda: Well if you are crazy then you have plenty of company!! I too got up at 2:55 AM and logged on the computer to snag those August ADR's.

I had to make up for last year when on my 90 day mark (boy that sucked waiting until just 90 days out to book!!!) I almost died and had emergency surgery in the middle of the night, just 2 hours before my booking time. Here is crazy: I woke up from surgery and asked my nurse and mom what time it was. When they told me I started crying because I had missed my long awaited ADR time!! :upsidedow

Here is what we got for this year:

8/21 T-Rex dinner new
8/22 Tony's Town Square dinner new
8/23 'Ohana diner :-)love:)
8/24 Chef Mickey's dinner new
8/25 50's Primetime lunch new for the boys
8/26 Teppan Edo lunch
8/26 Le Cellier dinner
8/27 Narcoossee's dinner new
8/28 Kona Cafe breakfast new
8/28 Maya Grill dinner new
8/29 'Ohana dinner :-)love:)

Gina

Gina:
Wow! What an experience to go through last year! I can actually understand your reaction post op... so much anticipation and eagerness to plan your trip and then that happens. Glad to know you are able to go back this year. Have a wonderful time!

You have some awesome choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter