• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unsure how FL resident rates work!

3lilprincesses

Mouseketeer
We are planning on going to DW in Jan. 06. We will be needing 3 rooms, one of which will be occupied by my father, a Florida resident. It is my understanding that he can book up to 3 rooms, as long as they are in his name and he is there at check in. This wouldn't be a problem, as he will be there at check in. But I have a few questions:

Is this information correct?
When do the resident discounts typically come out?
Are they worth it? We are going to stay at GF.
Should we book as soon as possible and then call to have the price adjusted when the resident rates are published?
Can we book a "package" or will it have to be a "room only"?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but it is only my 2nd trip to DW, and for others in our party, it's the 1st trip. We want to make sure we don't make any mistakes.

Thank you so much! :wave2:

Is this information correct? Yes, he can book up to 3 rooms.

When do the resident discounts typically come out? Around the same time AP rates come out.

Are they worth it? We are going to stay at GF. I'm sorry, I don't understand, are they worth what?

Should we book as soon as possible and then call to have the price adjusted when the resident rates are published? Only book a room at a rate that you are willing to pay, there are no guarantees any codes will be out. Booking a room ahead of time will not give you any advantage.

Can we book a "package" or will it have to be a "room only"? Room only

Have fun :)

Teresa

3lilprincesses said:
Should we book as soon as possible and then call to have the price adjusted when the resident rates are published?
Can we book a "package" or will it have to be a "room only"?

There are so many rooms available at Florida Resident Rates at SELECTED resorts. There is no guarantee the resort you have reservations at is going to have rooms available at Florida Resident Rates. Also, just because you already have a reservation does not guarantee you will be able to later apply the Florida Resident rate - if they have 10 rooms available for Florida Resident Rates at your resort, and 10 people have already called and gotten those rooms before you call to apply your rate, you will not be able to get the resident rate. I am a FL resident, and have called to make a reservation at a certain resort the moment the codes were announced, and all the rooms at that resort for that rate were already booked. I could have made a reservation at that resort for regular rate, or get the FL resident rate at a different resort that still had FL resident rate availability.

When do the resident discounts typically come out? Around the same time AP rates come out.

Are they worth it? We are going to stay at GF. I'm sorry, I don't understand, are they worth what?

Should we book as soon as possible and then call to have the price adjusted when the resident rates are published? Only book a room at a rate that you are willing to pay, there are no guarantees any codes will be out. Booking a room ahead of time will not give you any advantage.

Thank you for the reply. However, I don't know when the AP rates come out either!! LOL! We are going to stay at the Grand Floridian regardless of if we get a discount or not, so that is why I was asking if we should book now. We are perfectly willing to pay the rate, discounted or not. I should have also clairfied what I meant by "are they worth it". I just meant is it worth waiting for, or should we just go ahead with our plans and see what happens. I really want a package so that we can add the MYW Dining. It would be much easier for us with 3 small children to pay ahead, and not have to worry about it once we are there. I have no idea how much of a discount you can typically expect as a resident.

Sorry my post was so unclear!

3lilprincesses said:
Thank you for the reply. However, I don't know when the AP rates come out either!! LOL! We are going to stay at the Grand Floridian regardless of if we get a discount or not, so that is why I was asking if we should book now. We are perfectly willing to pay the rate, discounted or not. I should have also clairfied what I meant by "are they worth it". I just meant is it worth waiting for, or should we just go ahead with our plans and see what happens. I really want a package so that we can add the MYW Dining. It would be much easier for us with 3 small children to pay ahead, and not have to worry about it once we are there. I have no idea how much of a discount you can typically expect as a resident.
QUOTE]

You should definitely book NOW since you are willing to pay the full rate!

I'm not overly familiar with the new dining plan, so I can't really offer any opinion on it. However, I agree that it would be so much easier to just pay ahead! I wish it would have been an option for our previous trips. (before we relocated to FL)

Discounts are usually released a couple of months prior to the discount period. I believe that www.mousesavers.com has a history of discount codes on their site as well as when those codes were released.

Hope that helps a little :)

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter