Unpopular Opinions?

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't like GE being at Disneyland. I am fine with Star Wars (DH is the real fan, I'm more of a fan by proxy), but I don't think it fits with Disneyland, specifically. I think it makes a lot more sense at Hollywood Studios in WDW, and I would have rather seen it over at DCA than at DL, since DCA is more about the franchise lands.

I generally agree, GE doesn’t “fit” at DL. I mean I generally like it, but yeah…

It was definitely the intersection of a lot of things that led to GE being where it is. The timing of the acquisition of the Star Wars IP in 2012, the legally mandated $1B in improvements/expansion in exchange for the 30yr gate tax deferment in 2015 (which required construction to start by 12/31/2017 and complete it by 2025), and the land available to clear and build on all pointed to GE going into that spot.

Last edited:
Hong Kong’s was great, too.

HK's Space Mountain is great for me because every time I have been, it is walk-on. I miss that park so much! I was seriously considering chucking my Signature Plus AP at DL due to the rampant overcrowding and just taking an extra trip to HK and TDR every year instead (I was already going once a year, anyway). Unfortunately, COVID kinda destroyed those plans in every way imaginable. Of course, if they screw up the AP anywhere near as much as I expect them to, I may finally be able to make good on this in 2022...2023???

Eating massive amount of food dye doesn't appeal to me, so that counts out about 99% of the treats at DL and WDW.
...which brings me to my point about churros - what's the deal? I can get them in any supermarket frozen foods section and make my own....

I’ve been thinking about posting this for a long time but felt embarrassed, but here goes.
  1. I actually find Jumping Jellyfish fun -- it’s tame but the height does give you a tiny bit of butterflies but the ride length is too short. The lines are fast though!
  2. I know people are die-hard fans for the Monte Cristo and Pomme Frites. I was so excited when I made reservations at Cafe Orleans but was SO disappointed by both.
  3. I find the Paradise Garden Grill area in DCA criminally underused.
  4. I actually enjoy the Golden Zephyr.
  5. I wish more of the Star Wars theming was with the original trilogy for nostalgia’s sake.
What are some of your unpopular opinions? This is a no judgement zone!
1. I like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
2. Buzz Lightyear feels very "20th Century tech" these days and should be redone.

Disneyland is not as good with food allergies as Disneyworld is. They lump everyone in the gluten free category and make it allergen free . Disneyworld makes a better effort to confirm something is free of the allergen while Disneyland just says may contain all the common allergens . If you have an allergy you can only get gluten free waffles 🤢🤢🤮

Disneyland is not as good with food allergies as Disneyworld is. They lump everyone in the gluten free category and make it allergen free . Disneyworld makes a better effort to confirm something is free of the allergen while Disneyland just says may contain all the common allergens . If you have an allergy you can only get gluten free waffles 🤢🤢🤮
ITA.....WDW has revised their menus to reflect exactly which allergy has been eliminated. Of course, the only way to assure that there is no allergen is to have a dedicated kitchen, which is very rare. It has been my experience that, when a sous chef or line chef or pastry chef [or whatever] is personally affected by said allergen (they or someone they know), they take extra precautions to make sure it is contaminant-free. [hey, that's how we wound up getting a complimentary meal and preferred seating for Fantasmic! at Blue Bayou.]

This isn't an unpopular opinion, but more of a small rant. The only place to get non-dairy milk in coffee is at Starbucks. I love SB, but I don't necessarily want to hike all the way back to Main Street/Buena Vista Street when I want a coffee - especially if I'm already on the other side of the park. (For the record, this is how it was in 2019 - things may have changed.) I mean, I got non-dairy milk at a pop up kiosk at the finish line of a race once... DLR can offer it outside of Starbucks.

I really don't like Star Wars being in Disneyland. It doesn't feel like Disney to me. It should have been put in DCA or even a third park.

I can't wait for Fast Passes to come back.

Stollers should be banned! :)

I loved the re-worked stroller parking, and I actually find the sea of strollers amusing :D

Ariel's Grotto was better, but it was always weird to have that ONE princess in DCA and all others over in DL.

GE is fine, and I plan on exploring the heck out of it when we visit next year, but.... having ST in TL is weird. It has always been weird - Star Wars is set in a time long, long ago..... It is a weird combination next to Critter Country and Frontierland, and I miss the ranch feel off of Frontierland and the BBQ place that was there.

Toon town is awesome and a must-do for my family every year.

I was having a hard time coming up with one of my own because I do love all things but then it came to me. (Don’t stone me for this)

I actually really don’t like Minnie Mouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter