Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

My wife had to leave for a few days and I stayed to watch the dogs. Today I had a Ferris Bueller day for 40 year old men.
I cleared the coffee table and prepped it with a pitcher of iced tea and all the snack food in the house, lined the phone and all remotes so they were with in reach, and binge watch old Disney movies that I never saw but my wife had. I spent five hours watching and napping until I couldn't feel my butt.

When I got hungry I took off my robe and drove to Arby's in my pajama pants and tank top. I took my wife's car because my truck has 1/2 ton of stone in it that I was supposed to spread today. By the time I hit the drive through I was starving and blindly ordered 4 large roast beefs, and mozzarella sticks. When they asked if I wanted to try the new hot apple crumble thing I told them to give me two. $40 poorer I took my dinner home with the windows down, the sunroof open, and the heated seat on high to keep my but warm. Every time I passed a guy doing yard work I screamed "SUCKER".

When my wife called to say goodnight she asked what I did all day. I told her I was exhausted from raking leaves, but they'll probably just blow back into our yard.

I haven't had a day off all month. Calling out today because I won't have a day off until at least nov 1st.

Anybody else seen Queen of Katwe? Unexpectedly saw it today, and really enjoyed it. Definitely had its mix of emotions, but definitely left you feeling good and positive t the end. And I liked how they showed the "where they are now" blurbs at the end.

I saw it on opening weekend and loved it. One thing I appreciated is that they filmed on location to bring an authenticity to it and that they did not try to gloss over any of the hard parts of the story. I also like that they didn't shoe horn in characters that weren't there in real life which is nice. It was hard to watch at times (I hate children suffering for no other real reason then being born where they were born) but it was great to hear that most of them have gone on to change their lives and community.

Hello everyone! I just found this thread!
I have been planning our upcoming trip to WDW, (in 41 days!!!) for over a year now. This trip is to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. My DH is really not that interested. But- he is doing this I suppose, because he loves me and knows how special it is- for me.
It has occurred to me lately..... when I return home, WHAT WILL I DO WITH MYSELF- WHEN NOT READING BLOGS, TRIP REPORTS AND UPDATING MY ADR'S?????!!!! I am (sorta) kidding here, I have enough in my life ordinarily to keep me running all the time. BUT- what fun all this planning and dreaming has been! And, I do hope to plan another trip-someday. Is it just me, or do husbands/partners just not share the same enthusiasm of a trip to WDW, as wives/partners? And if so, how do others convince their partners to go back, again???

It has occurred to me lately..... when I return home, WHAT WILL I DO WITH MYSELF- WHEN NOT READING BLOGS, TRIP REPORTS AND UPDATING MY ADR'S?????!!!!QUOTE]

I started with the Cruise forum when I was researching that...about a year and a half ago, and I'm still here following the Dis, even though everything has been settled for it. I got hooked and I've been here ever since! :)

Well we are having our first big update on my company's integration with the parent company who bought us in just a couple minutes. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

@bugarwitch welcome. This section is a friendly bunch of dissers.

I went without my DH this last trip. And I foresee solo trips after my daughter is grown up.

I love Disney, my DH tolerates Disney.

I went without my DH this last trip. And I foresee solo trips after my daughter is grown up.

I love Disney, my DH tolerates Disney.
Well. I just do not understand people who don't enjoy Disney Magic! I have done make everything I can think of, special and

oops, sorry, my internet when down while replying earlier!
Anyway,I have tried to make this trip as special- and painless- as possible for my DH. We shall see if he enjoys it... I sure hope so! Yes, I think he too just "tolerates" it.
I have not done a solo trip anywhere, except when my children were little, and I would fly back "home" to see family for a weekend. Not sure if I could do a trip to WDW alone. May have to though at some point, if I want to go again someday!

My husband enjoyed our trips to Disney World but he had no interest in coming back for a while. He'll come back with us in 2021 but DD and I might have another girls only trip in 2018 or 19.

!QUOTE="Eoywin, post: 56639307, member: 122344"]My husband enjoyed our trips to Disney World but he had no interest in coming back for a while. He'll come back with us in 2021 but DD and I might have another girls only trip in 2018 or 19.[/QUOTE]
Oh how I wish I could do a Disney trip with my grown up daughters!.... but... they have kids and husbands and bills and work, and it just does not seem possible anytime in the foreseeable future. sigh.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter