Unofficial Vow Renewal

Malt2323

Earning My Ears
Hi, all! I know “unofficial” vow renewals at parks are not allowed and nearly impossible to pull off. But has anyone done it on a boat? As long as they’re running in November, I wanted to book the private pontoon boat that takes the family out for the MK fireworks show. Could I just bring along an officiant as a member of the family and have him/her do a short 15 minute ceremony on the boat? I tried to do a real vow renewal but the least expensive they can offer is 8K, and that just feels absurd for 4 people.

Hi, all! I know “unofficial” vow renewals at parks are not allowed and nearly impossible to pull off. But has anyone done it on a boat? As long as they’re running in November, I wanted to book the private pontoon boat that takes the family out for the MK fireworks show. Could I just bring along an officiant as a member of the family and have him/her do a short 15 minute ceremony on the boat? I tried to do a real vow renewal but the least expensive they can offer is 8K, and that just feels absurd for 4 people.
What you are proposing is rather risky. I'm not sure how the boat captain would handle it. I know that Disney stops unofficial weddings all of the time. You don't want to ruin your special day.

Have you considered doing a low-key off-site ceremony followed by a romantic dinner at a Grand Floridian or Contemporary restaurant and a fireworks cruise?

Get a resort room with a balcony, invite officiant to the room and do vows there. You can video it, won't get photo bombed, and you're paying for the room anyway. You could even have a few extra people attend if you wanted to (bride & groom on the balcony, guests in the room) Then go to the resort lounge for the "reception."

Along the same lines as Micca's suggestion, if you book a night at the Polynesian Bungalows or the cabins on the water at Wilderness Lodge, you'll have a water view, room for guests, a place to set up and eat food and they can't stop you from doing anything in the privacy of your own hotel room. That's the only way I would ever feel comfortable "cheating the system."

Get a resort room with a balcony, invite officiant to the room and do vows there. You can video it, won't get photo bombed, and you're paying for the room anyway. You could even have a few extra people attend if you wanted to (bride & groom on the balcony, guests in the room) Then go to the resort lounge for the "reception."
I was thinking of doing just that. Do you know if Disney has a problem with it? If we are in view on the balcony is their an issue? What about walking outside for photos on the grounds? Thanks for the info

I was thinking of doing just that. Do you know if Disney has a problem with it? If we are in view on the balcony is their an issue? What about walking outside for photos on the grounds? Thanks for the info
I don't see how Disney has any control over what happens on your balcony, unless you're smoking;) As far as photos are concerned, it's one of the most photographed places on the planet. Maybe don't make a big production out of it, and keep it brief. Also you wouldn't want more than a handful of guests in the room, and be sure to keep the noise down.

Seems like if you could get a bigger castle view room, with a decent view of the castle, it would be easy to say vows to one another with a few friends and family around. The taking pics part would be difficult, unless, your dress doesn't look like a wedding dress. Perhaps you could schedule a photo session for couples/family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter