*Unofficial* 2022 DIScon Fan Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the yeehawww bob idea! Do they still have the guitar singers their? I loved loved them as a cast member I would just sit in the lobby to relax
As far as I know, Yehaa Bob has always been a one-man, one-piano show. It's at Port Orleans Riverside in the lounge. Maybe you're thinking of Hoop-Dee-Doo over at Fort Wilderness?

There was a band over at POFQ that was kinda like an acoustic set... maybe that's the guitars call back?

This week I'm going to take all the ideas generated and start to update the first post to help centralize the info as we get into a multi-page thread. I'm so glad there's folx who want to meet up and socialize. it's my favourite part, and why I come back to these events. :D

We will be staying at Saratoga Springs. We arrive the 28th through Oct 4. I am looking forward to the meet ups. Other than the event, we don't have much planned. We don't have park tickets yet. We were thinking about MNSSHP but Universal HHN sounds interesting. All the ideas sound good!

We’ll be at OKW. Last DISCon, we found ourselves wanting to spend more time at the panels. I mean, we ended up having to leave Tony Baxter for a reservation at Ohanas. Just felt soooo wrong. Ohanas ended up being burnt and not impressive which served us right😂

Not saying we won’t be in the parks or willing to meet up elsewhere. Undoubtedly, we will! We get there the day before, and that would be our best time for anything. Hope to see you all there😀

There was a band over at POFQ that was kinda like an acoustic set... maybe that's the guitars call back?

This week I'm going to take all the ideas generated and start to update the first post to help centralize the info as we get into a multi-page thread. I'm so glad there's folx who want to meet up and socialize. it's my favourite part, and why I come back to these events. :D

Yes this must be it! Promise I have not dreamed it lol. I have a video of them playing hotel california with Xmas decorations up. Defo two guys with guitars. I think it was a Thursday. If anyone knows who they are please let me know😂
Sounds like a great plan thank you for starting the convo

Hi y'all. First post is updated.

I'm happy to host a meet-up for Thursday night for those not doing the Halloween parties. Because the airlines aren't reliable, I would need a co-host who is definitely arriving by Thursday afternoon in case my flight is overly delayed.

I love the Sunday brunch idea, but I'm personally holding off on making reservations until we receive the full schedule for the weekend. DIScon ends Saturday, but it's not clear if there's going to be lagniappe options hosted by other community groups than GKtW, like Dreams/DIS Unplugged, etc.

I can co-host Tiggerette. I will be there pretty early on Thursday as I'm driving.
Awesome. I've updated first post. I wonder if something like 6:30-8pm at the Barcelona Lounge (Lower lobby of Grand Destino) would be good. I also wonder if there's registration/ packet pick-up on Thursday. If so, we could coordinate for a time near the close of reg pick up since folx would have to swing by the hotel for that anyway.

Separate Question: Is there a path to run at Coronado? An early morning stroll or jog would be fun (for me, cause I'm a solar powered chicken). I recognize some folx might say... what the fluff are you doing, it's your vacation!?! hehe.

There's a running trail around the lake. It's the red dashed line. But I would suggest, so you can enjoy your vacation, is to run to Orlando and then back home.

CSMap.jpg

Will need to double check my Thursday plans to be sure!

Unfortunately I cannot do the Sunday as my first time USA visitors will need a tour guide. They will be jet lagged so a very early start for me I’m sure😂 so excited to meet everyone event or meet up 🌴🌴⭐⭐

Me too - it's the best part.

Nothing to add. Just that I am very very excited ⭐️ I will only be attending day 1 of discon and doing Epcot on the 1st during the park day (I’m crazy I know). I am hoping to be able to watch the fireworks that night so I’m happy to hold a spot for fellow dis-ers to come join us for the fireworks after you have been at the event all day. Can’t guarantee it will be the best view ever.

I was a cast member during the 35th anniversary, we rushed after work back into the park to get a good spot. So this will make up for the fact there were travel restrictions during the 50th🥲

Nothing to add. Just that I am very very excited ⭐️ I will only be attending day 1 of discon and doing Epcot on the 1st during the park day (I’m crazy I know). I am hoping to be able to watch the fireworks that night so I’m happy to hold a spot for fellow dis-ers to come join us for the fireworks after you have been at the event all day. Can’t guarantee it will be the best view ever.

I was a cast member during the 35th anniversary, we rushed after work back into the park to get a good spot. So this will make up for the fact there were travel restrictions during the 50th🥲
Thanks so much! Would you like for me to add the fireworks viewing to the Possibilities List? If so, what night were you think of seeing Harmonius (at Epcot)?

Thanks so much! Would you like for me to add the fireworks viewing to the Possibilities List? If so, what night were you think of seeing Harmonius (at Epcot)?
It’s not a must do for me. Luckily the discon falls over my vacation so I will be seeing with friends and family. But I will also never say no to fireworks ⭐

I am staying at Coronado in the tower. Our flight arrive 9/29 at 7:45am so Mom and I are game for any meet ups. I am hoping a tentative schedule will be published soon.

Hey y'all, I'm bumping up this thread since we're approaching 60day mark for the DIScon. I think it'll be easier to set up events that are completely free-form that allow full flexibility for folx to come or not. (Except for the hosts, we do need hosts to be relied upon.)

I've had three different travel plans upended this summer as folks had to cancel last minute due to illness. I kinda feel that we may be in a similar spot in the fall, so having flexible arrangements would be good. (So no one pays for a large group event, but only a few actually show up.) That said, if a host is comfortable with making ADR's - go for it!

Hello all. I’m arriving on the 28th. I’m thinking about doing universal studios HHN either the 28th or 29th. Id like some company as I’ve never attended this event before.

I'll be staying in the Gran Destino Tower. Making the huge assumption that my flight goes as planned, I'll be there Thursday in time for a meetup. Barcelona or Dahlia work for me:). Thanks for putting this together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter