Unlimited Park Hoppers vs. Park Hopper Plus

J. Worthington Foulfellow

Earning My Ears
Hey all-

Since you guys always seem to be in the know about these things, I'll burden you with a few ticket price questions. I've scoured quite a few reference materials (including here), and I am still really confused.

I know that the Unlimited Park Hopper passes will allow me to go to all of the "bonus places" (for lack of a better term) as often as I want, and the Park Hopper Plus gives me three of these options (on a six-day Hopper).

Here are my questions:

1. I know Unlimited Hopper Passes are formally "length of stay." Does this mean I can only purchase them for the length of time I will be there? Say I arrive on Thursday, but I don't want to do anything park-wise until Friday morning, and I don't want to use them the following Thursday when I leave. Can I buy the ticket for only Friday to Wenesday?

2. If I already have a five-day hopper, can I trade up to an Unlimited Park Hopper once I arrive?

3. If I purchase a Disney Card, but already have the five- day ticket, can I upgrade to the Unlimited Hopper at the Disney Club rate (if there is one)?

4. If I have the six-day Hopper Plus, can I use one of my options to go to Pleasure Island Thursday Night, even if I don't go to the parks until Friday?

I feel like that Richard Faber from Fort Lee New Jersey who used to write to Roseanne Roseanadanna all the time. Sorry.

Any help will be appreciated-

JWF

Don't know the answers to all of your questions, but I do know the answer to #4 is YES! You don't have to go to a "major" park on the same day you use a "plus" option. And even if you use up all six park days, but only use two of the three "pluses", you can still save that extra "plus" for another visit. So you CAN use a "plus" before one of the "majors".

As far as #1 goes, official "policy" is that you must purchase the UPH (formerly LOS) passes for all of the days of your stay. However, many report that the resort will allow you to drop either the first or last day of your stay if you so request. I'm sure it helps if you can show them an early return flight time or arrive late in the day. I also recall at least a few people reporting success in getting resort to drop both arrival and departure dates. Apparently if you are polite and persuasive, it can be done. Not sure I would count on that, however.

Don't know the answer to your other questions, except there IS a DC discount for UPH passes. Here's the link with the prices:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm#UMP Prices for 2001

Hoping someone else can answer your other questions. Enjoy the trip!

I don't see why you couldn't trade your Park Hopper Plus passes for Ultimate Park Hopper passes. Disney will just credit you the amount paid for the passes toward your new passes. I also don't see why they wouldn't sell you Disney Club discounted Ultimate Park Hopper passes, even with the trade-in.

You won't be able to make the trade-in at the front desk of your resort. This will have to be done either at Guest Services at your resort or the front gates of one of the parks. The front desk is not able to read your passes to determine the number of days left on them.

I have heard of many people being able to purchase the Ultimate Park Hopper pass and dropping the first and last day of their trip. You should just ask nicely and I'm sure you will have success.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter