Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
They're nice for what they are, but they are no Finding Nemo or Festival of the Lion King. Bourne is the only significant production, and yet it doesn't even rank in my top 10 favorites. This will be a Broadway caliber show, really exciting.
interesting.....not big fans of lion king or nemo, probably because we've seen LK on broadway, so this is just a 'mini' version and nemo is just the movie story. The productions and talent within both are amazing to be sure, but there's nothing unique about the shows to motivate us to sit through them again.

They're nice for what they are, but they are no Finding Nemo or Festival of the Lion King. Bourne is the only significant production, and yet it doesn't even rank in my top 10 favorites. This will be a Broadway caliber show, really exciting.

I will say the last time I saw festival, it was pretty bad. The performers voiced were just not up to par. That could have changed though since I went.

interesting.....not big fans of lion king or nemo, probably because we've seen LK on broadway, so this is just a 'mini' version and nemo is just the movie story. The productions and talent within both are amazing to be sure, but there's nothing unique about the shows to motivate us to sit through them again.
The Nemo show IMO is way worse now since it has been revamped. I have absolutely 0 interest in seeing it again.

This was my most anticipated land (mostly because we already have Nintendo lands in other places or else that would've been my most anticipated) and while the land looks great, overall I am let down. (probably more due to target audience than anything else)

Based on the aerial shots and construction updates, I didn't have high hopes for the boat ride and the video, for me, leaves me with little excitement. Obviously, it is only concept art but it looks tacky and chaotic. Racers Rally is a basic fair ride with a fresh coat of paint. Kids will probably enjoy these two and are nice basic rides for families but for a whole new park opening, I was hoping for some uniqueness or innovation.

The coaster looks like a fun family coaster and I am super excited about the show. I feel that the live entertainment is lacking for Universal and would love for them to have some top tier shows in this park. Aesthetically, the land feels like there will be a lot of wow moments walking into and around the land. I am still excited to see it but it will probably drop behind the Dark Universe land on my most anticipated lands list.

This was my most anticipated land (mostly because we already have Nintendo lands in other places or else that would've been my most anticipated) and while the land looks great, overall I am let down. (probably more due to target audience than anything else)

Based on the aerial shots and construction updates, I didn't have high hopes for the boat ride and the video, for me, leaves me with little excitement. Obviously, it is only concept art but it looks tacky and chaotic. Racers Rally is a basic fair ride with a fresh coat of paint. Kids will probably enjoy these two and are nice basic rides for families but for a whole new park opening, I was hoping for some uniqueness or innovation.

The coaster looks like a fun family coaster and I am super excited about the show. I feel that the live entertainment is lacking for Universal and would love for them to have some top tier shows in this park. Aesthetically, the land feels like there will be a lot of wow moments walking into and around the land. I am still excited to see it but it will probably drop behind the Dark Universe land on my most anticipated lands list.
Similar sentiments. I was really looking forward to this land, even above Nintendo. Still excited for the show, though, it looks like it'll be great!

This may have been lowest on my list (I'd probably rank 1. dark universe 2. super nintendo world (bc i've been to the one in hollywood and might be heading to japan later this year 3. wizarding world), but it looks very solid. Feels like they checked all the boxes when it comes to expectations for a family-friendly theme park land. The "fair ride" is fine, adds kinetic energy and seems to fit the area well enough, need some smaller rides to balance the heavy hitters.

Saw someone compare this to Cars Land... not the first IP you'd think of when creating a theme park area but ends up working surprisingly well.

Out of this week's PR for Berk 2.5, I can't see EU as being anything less than a 3-day experience. Berk 2.5 looks like at least a 1/2-day experience unto itself.

I wish the Speakeasy from the first movie was in there but that's New York.
If they had to go with Fantastic Beasts, then give us magical New York. Once I heard the first movie was set in New York during the 1920s, I wanted to see a magical speakeasy. It was exactly what I wanted/hoped for.

The first Fantastic Beasts movie wasn't too bad. Based on the fact they had to stop work during covid, they probably could have switched to New York if they wanted to. The team could have created new sketches while working from home.

Kowalski Bakery, please please 🤞
OMG YES! When I came out of the movie, my friend I almost immediately started discussing all of the Niffler merch that should exist and how to incorporate Kowalski's bakery into the parks. I cannot believe there already isn't one in the parks or Kowalski inspired pastries at one of the Harry Potter breakfasts. This is something from the movies that I cannot believe hasn't worked its way into the parks or the resort hotels by now.

So this is curious: USJ just announced a delay for the Donkey Kong area over there, was originally scheduled to open Spring 2024 and now given a timeframe of "Late 2024". Had been wondering why there hadn't been an update with the original timeframe coming up quickly, curious as to what is causing issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter