Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
are they still doing fantastic beasts or did they scrap that for Ministry of Magic?
I would rather have Harry Potter and not Newt stuff.

The original plan was the British Ministry of Magic ride, and wizarding France. I think wizarding France is a horrible idea. If they absolutely had to do something themed to Fantastic Beasts, I would rather see wizarding New York. I want the speakeasy from the first movie and Jacob's bakery.

are they still doing fantastic beasts or did they scrap that for Ministry of Magic?
I would rather have Harry Potter and not Newt stuff.
British MoM definitely going ahead with a lift type ride but the 2nd attraction has been cancelled with the area left empty for future development.

The original plan was the British Ministry of Magic ride, and wizarding France. I think wizarding France is a horrible idea. If they absolutely had to do something themed to Fantastic Beasts, I would rather see wizarding New York. I want the speakeasy from the first movie and Jacob's bakery.
I think they are going with France as it is easier to do. Place Cachee allows for an entire wizard themed area, versus the Ne York stuff just being tucked into random areas of the city, and we already have New York facades in Studios. I do think they would be stupid to not include Jacob's bakery in it, they can just say that it is a franchise.
Current rumors seem to indicate that the land is going to be Place Cachee (wizard Paris) with beasts mixed in, but there will be limited Fantastic Beasts movies tie-in beyond that. The main ride is said to be set in the British Ministry (accessed via the Flue network) and involving Umbridge. Second VR based ride was cancelled, but could see something in the French Ministry going in there for an expansion. People did like the look of it from the movies and would tie in with the land.
I do think this is best of both as it's the main other option left that they could do for location of a land, but still getting a large British Ministry area and more space available for it than as an expansion to Diagon Alley.

Universal Pictures have confirmed that a live action How to train your dragon is on the way - due for release in March 14th 2025.

Deadline reports that Dean DeBlois, who wrote and directed the animated trilogy, will return to write, direct, and this time produce the franchise's newest installment.

So, with Epic Universe having such a large area for HTTYD it looks like this is why, they knew the film was on it's way. I'm sure they will complement each other beautifully.

Yea makes even more sense now to use it. It and Kung Fu Panda seemed to be their main ones as they kept having new shows and specials for them. Shrek is getting a bit of a resurgence now with the new Puss in Boots movie too. Figured they picked Dragon just to give a more unique land as Singapore already had a full Shrek/Puss land, Beijing has a Kung Fu Panda land, and now Orlando has HTTYD. But the synergy complements it even more. Glad to hear from the articles that the movie seems to be a wholly new entry and not just a live action remake.

So we're only 18 months or so away from 2025, when do people think hotel bookings and pricing at Epic Universe will open?

I would guess next summer at earliest. 2025 is just over 18 months away but the park probably isn't opening until May/Summer 2025. Generally hotels can be booked around 300 days out at most. Currently the reservation system is only open through January 7 (248 days) so I'm guessing they probably load into a block of dates versus a rolling calendar system. Based on that I'd expect hotel bookings to start end of summer 2024 for EU.

Where are good vantage points to see the Epic Universe construction area?

Has anyone here had any luck staying at a hotel near Epic Universe with a view of the upcoming park?

Where are good vantage points to see the Epic Universe construction area?

Has anyone here had any luck staying at a hotel near Epic Universe with a view of the upcoming park?

You can see the whole area from the Orlando Eye in Icon park, we just came back and it is quite something to see how they`ve come on over the last two years.

When we were in our Lyft to and from MCO, you can see the cranes and one of the prefab hotels from the highway, close to ICON park. (Look for the ferris wheel).

Universal Pictures have confirmed that a live action How to train your dragon is on the way - due for release in March 14th 2025.

Deadline reports that Dean DeBlois, who wrote and directed the animated trilogy, will return to write, direct, and this time produce the franchise's newest installment.

So, with Epic Universe having such a large area for HTTYD it looks like this is why, they knew the film was on it's way. I'm sure they will complement each other beautifully.
Epic universe opening was always said to be summer 2025 at the latest, rumors are they are ahead of schedule.

Maybe the premier of the film will be at epic universe with the park opening same day as movie release with the cast of how to train your dragon cutting the ribbon??

That is brilliant marketing strategy similar to Mario movie and land at universal hollywood opening close together.

Probably get announcement of a Zelda film being released late 2025 shortly to coincide with the land opening at Islands

The goal with Epic Universe, in addition to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay water theme park and its CityWalk, is to get visitors to stay for a full week.

“That became an opportunity for us to look at, how do we expand visitation to the Orlando market that would garner us a full-week vacation? Right now, we get a good three days,” Woodbury said.

I don't know if this will get us there a full week, but we have been moving more and more WDW time to Universal. We visit for 15 nights 2 out of every 3 years. Used to be all WDW. Then we went to 1 day at Universal. Then a few trips with 2 full days. On the last trip it was 3. Epic will make it at least 4, but I could see 5.

WDW still has golf which is an extra day for us, but otherwise it's getting hard to justify not switching more time from WDW to Universal. We are DVC which ordinarily would make that problematic. But our space needs have grown since we purchased in 2000, so now we get larger accommodations for fewer days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter