Universal week of Christmas

VeeHam

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
We will be at Universal from Dec. 17-23. Do we need to make ressies now for the restaurants? I was looking them up and there seems to be plenty available right now. We've been a few times to Universal but never during Christmas week. We have done Disney during Christmas.
Also wanted to ask if Chocolate Emporium does ressies between 4 and 9 pm. The whole week I looked they had no spots between those times but plenty before and after. Every other restaurant had those time available. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I'm a planner. I had an appt for 6:30pm at Toothsome on December 17th. Booked a long time ago. Since then, I booked a Holiday Tour on the 18th. I decided I wanted to move Toothsome to the 18th (about a week ago), and 4pm was the only slot available that I could do (as we will be on the Holiday Tour at 9pm). The Holiday Tour starts at 6:30, so I would have preferred a 4:30 but alas 4 it is.

I had an appointment to Cowfish for 6:30pm on December 18th. I was able to move it to December 17th with any selection of time I wanted. Why did I move the restaurants? I thought Toothsome would be closer to the Holiday Tour. In retrospect, I wish I would have left Toothsome on the 17th at 6:30pm and just changed the Cowfish reservation from 6:30 to 4:30 on the 18th. Oh well, at least I have a huge padding for slow service or the off chance Toothsome has a wait at 4pm (I've waited 30+ minutes for DisneyWorld restaurants with a reservation, so you never know). I highly doubt many people will want to dine at 4pm, but if it is 4pm, 9pm, or not at all with young kids, I think people will take the 4pm.

So, to answer your question, it depends on the restaurant. If you want Toothsome, I would book it now.

Hi all,
We will be at Universal from Dec. 17-23. Do we need to make ressies now for the restaurants? I was looking them up and there seems to be plenty available right now. We've been a few times to Universal but never during Christmas week. We have done Disney during Christmas.
Also wanted to ask if Chocolate Emporium does ressies between 4 and 9 pm. The whole week I looked they had no spots between those times but plenty before and after. Every other restaurant had those time available. Thanks!!
That means the reservations at Toothsome’s for those times are already taken (they do accept reservations for dinner time). You definitely need to book the more popular places like Toothsome’s, Mythos, and Big Fire early at busy times like Christmas. We looked a few days before our Thanksgiving week trip and were not able to make changes because no other times were available for Toothsome’s (several days are grayed out with nothing available). You can get places like Confisco Grill and Lombard's last minute, but there’s no penalty for canceling so I would grab some reservations now.

Reservations for Toothsome open 6 months in advance. That is the first thing I booked when we decided to visit UO in January. I think I booked in late July for January 5th and had plenty of choice. The only two restaurants I really want to try are Toothsome for dinner and Confisco grill for lunch so I booked both in advance. I'm thinking of deciding where to eat the day off for the other meals.

Reservations for Toothsome open 6 months in advance. That is the first thing I booked when we decided to visit UO in January. I think I booked in late July for January 5th and had plenty of choice. The only two restaurants I really want to try are Toothsome for dinner and Confisco grill for lunch so I booked both in advance. I'm thinking of deciding where to eat the day off for the other meals.
We are trying Toothsome's for the first time as well. I hope its good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter