Universal tickets through Chase Ultimate Rewards

ivegotayen

Earning My Ears
Our plans are finally getting set, and I am ready to buy our Universal tickets. I have been planning to use our Chase Ultimate Rewards points to purchase them, but when I went to the site to redeem our points, it looks like they're no longer an option on the Rewards site! oh no!

Does anyone have experience with how often the tickets show up there? I'm hoping I can just keep checking, and They'll be available again.

I've been holding off on the redemption, because I'm not sure if they're cancelable/refundable/transferrable, and in these days of covid, it's hard to commit anything too far out.

We're planning to visit 09/13-09/14.

I'm also curious because I was tentatively budgeting a future trip (2025) thinking I'd use the rewards points. It looks like they are not offered anymore :/

Yeah I used chase points for both tickets and a stay at RPR last summer - it was awesome. I was so bummed to see it wasn’t an option anymore. The hotels still come up, though!

Followup! Chase Ultimate Rewards has tickets available to get with redeemed points once again! I just booked ours. woohoo!
Note: They are not refundable, and there is no option to buy trip insurance. Looking at the very confusing terms, I think you *might* be able to change the dates. But keep that in mind if getting them this way.

I may look for third party trip insurance for our tickets, given how weird everything is with pandemics pandemicking.

I was going to do this last fall and upgrade them to season passes at the park, which universal (at the time) confirmed was possible with tickets bought with ultimate rewards. I believe when I went to pull the trigger, the reward cost was higher than I was expecting so I ended up buying passes the traditional way. But maybe look into the cost of upgrading yours to season passes too when you get down there!

You probably did this already, but thought it worth mentioning (just in case), don't forget to check the "Cash Back" option before purchasing your park tickets. I had looked at the cost Chase was charging for the tickets and noticed that it was significantly cheaper to purchase the tickets myself and then get the "Cash Back" from the Chase points. Actually, when I last checked, Chase wanted about $1100 for three 3-day, 2-Park tickets. I could get three 2-Park Seasonal Passes for less than $1K and then use Chase points for Cash Back instead. This saved me over $100 and I got Annual Passes rather than just 3-day park passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter