Universal Studios / IOA

mom-2-3

Mouseketeer
Considering a short trip to Universal for spring break and curious what the current policy is for kids with special needs (Down syndrome). We have "done" WDW many times under the old GAC policy and thought I had seen something before about US/IOA "giving" an express pass to the person with special needs but others in party needing to purchase? any help will be appreciated.

I'm going to move this post from the disABILITIES Community Board to the disABILITIES Board.

The short answer is no.

Universal/IOA has a program very similar to Disney's DAS program(Disability Access System). THere is more information about DAS in post one of this thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178976

Considering a short trip to Universal for spring break and curious what the current policy is for kids with special needs (Down syndrome). We have "done" WDW many times under the old GAC policy and thought I had seen something before about US/IOA "giving" an express pass to the person with special needs but others in party needing to purchase? any help will be appreciated.

never heard that before.

if you need the gac, talk to the TM's at guest services.
they will issue it and it will include the rest of your party.
there is no charge for that.

you will receive a card that you present to the TM at the ride/show line.
they will list the time you need to return.
if the regular line is less than 30 minutes, you will be allowed to go in the express line at that time without having to deal with the return time card.

thank you all for your help. I don't remember where I saw that, but it was years ago 3-5? sounds like their set up will be similar to what we're used to at WDW. It really only becomes an issue if it's hot, or it lines are long, he just fatigues easily.

do we need something from doctor? not that one can "fake" Ds, but you never know ;-)

thank you all for your help. I don't remember where I saw that, but it was years ago 3-5? sounds like their set up will be similar to what we're used to at WDW. It really only becomes an issue if it's hot, or it lines are long, he just fatigues easily.

do we need something from doctor? not that one can "fake" Ds, but you never know ;-)

You don't need anything from your doctor. If it's too busy you can purchase Express Passes, or just stay in one of their hotels.

Have a great time.

:)

i used the assistance card 6 years ago and 11 years ago.
the others in my party were not required to buy the express pass.

the card was valid for our party.

before you buy your park tickets, check with guest services to see if they still give a 10% discount off park tickets for disabled people.
at one time they would do this for those that asked as there might be quite a few rides the person would not be able to go on.
(you can email or call guest services in advance before you go on your trip or do it in person to get that info.)

hope your visit to the darkside is fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter