universal Studios Hollywood opening April 16!

Thanks for the update. We are going on a Thursday at the end of June. Trying to decide about Express Pass. I’m worried about the combo of summer crowds and lifting of capacity restrictions. Not likely to get back to CA anytime soon so I’m tempted to just drop the $$ but it is quite the chunk of change. Any thoughts?
I can say this about the express pass: with one exception (Simpsons) every other ride was a walk on with the express pass.

We rode every ride and saw Kung Fu Panda and the Waterworld show. Express Pass allowed us to move at our own pace, and not worry about how long lines were. We hung around when we wanted, ate when we wanted, and hopped on a ride when we wanted. There was no need to manage time or have a “strategy”. It was pretty great to not have to worry about those things.

On the other hand, I’m pretty sure that you could manage to ride everything without the express pass. So it’s a matter of how much planning/waiting you want to do vs how much it’s worth to not even have to think about it.

I can say this about the express pass: with one exception (Simpsons) every other ride was a walk on with the express pass.

We rode every ride and saw Kung Fu Panda and the Waterworld show. Express Pass allowed us to move at our own pace, and not worry about how long lines were. We hung around when we wanted, ate when we wanted, and hopped on a ride when we wanted. There was no need to manage time or have a “strategy”. It was pretty great to not have to worry about those things.

On the other hand, I’m pretty sure that you could manage to ride everything without the express pass. So it’s a matter of how much planning/waiting you want to do vs how much it’s worth to not even have to think about it.
Thanks! This was very helpful. We decided to pay for the Express Pass. We only have 2 days in the LA area and we don’t want to waste one of them waiting in line. It might even allow us to be done early enough to go on a different LA adventure in the evening.

Are there any lines that are worth going through the main line to see it? Or that we should head to first thing to experience the queue with a shorter wait? We will have express pass, but also plan to be there at opening.

Are there any lines that are worth going through the main line to see it? Or that we should head to first thing to experience the queue with a shorter wait? We will have express pass, but also plan to be there at opening.

We went on Frday 7/1 and went straight to the lower lot. We rode Transformers, Mummy, and Jurassic World with no wait for any.
I think the best regular lines are Forbidden Journey and Secret Life of Pets.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter