Universal Studios coming to DFW ... just announced!

WDW_fan_in_TX

Mouseketeer
They're announcing it live right now that Universal Studios is coming to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. More specifically it's coming to Frisco. Not sure on opening date or anything, but the land has been purchased. I just think it's so cool that Universal is coming near to where we live (about 20 minutes away). I hope that means Disney won't be far behind. How awesome would it be to have both in the area?

What are your thoughts on this news?

I'm west metroplex and I'm intrigued. Obviously geared to younger crowd than the current parks, but it would be nice to have a little touch our home away from home closer. It's a little curious to me that they decided to come to Texas. Florida is obviously miserable in the summer, though I'd say DFW's concrete heat island is more miserable. And we have extremely cold weather too (though, of course, it is 80 today). Not to mention to incredibly unreliable electrical grid...

I'm west metroplex and I'm intrigued. Obviously geared to younger crowd than the current parks, but it would be nice to have a little touch our home away from home closer. It's a little curious to me that they decided to come to Texas. Florida is obviously miserable in the summer, though I'd say DFW's concrete heat island is more miserable. And we have extremely cold weather too (though, of course, it is 80 today). Not to mention to incredibly unreliable electrical grid...

Centrally located metropolitan area. There have been rumors of a major theme park coming to Texas for years (it's just been Disney that was rumored, not Universal).

This is cool, not sure we’d be visiting as our children are going to be grown by then, but bravo for Frisco. I sense the Disney rumor mill will start again.

We also live close by and our granddaughter is not even 1 yet. So the timing on this may work out very nicely for day trips with the grandkids. 👍

With USO coming to Frisco, what does everyone think the chances are of Disney coming somewhere close to here? I can see it happening between McKinney and Frisco (for you locals). What think the masses?

With USO coming to Frisco, what does everyone think the chances are of Disney coming somewhere close to here? I can see it happening between McKinney and Frisco (for you locals). What think the masses?
Not happening. All that would do is take away people from going to the parks that they already own.

Maybe a small park or hotel I can see happening now more than ever since Universal is in. Lots of land north of Frisco/ Prosper/ Up towards Sherman.

It will be a real test for Universal. They are solo,,,no Disney to pull in people and have them as a second attraction to visit.
If there was no Disney, would US have gotten as big as they are alone?
Yes they are now almost complete on their 3rd park in Fl, but still not as busy as Disney.
Some people just now are coming just for US,,,but not many staying for 1 and definatly not 2 weeks.If US is thinking that this Texas thing is going to be more than a regional park, good luck to them.

frisco definitely needs more kids and kid’s attractions To balance out the PGA tourism

I live in Frisco and I'm intrigued by this. It will apparently be more of a kids' park but that won't stop me from checking it out. I imagine it will be on the tollway so won't affect the city itself too much.

Plus Vegas gets a haunted Halloween attraction? I wish that we got that too. (Whine...)

It's tough. You want the park in a place warm enough to operate year-round. The trade-off is that you get really hot summers.

Not happening. All that would do is take away people from going to the parks that they already own.
Hasn't Disney been saying for years at this point that overcrowding is one of their major problems? I think the solution is to add more rides to HS & AK, however, diverting some folks to a 3rd location would also help ease crowding while keeping Disney accessible to the middle class.

It's tough. You want the park in a place warm enough to operate year-round. The trade-off is that you get really hot summers.

Hasn't Disney been saying for years at this point that overcrowding is one of their major problems? I think the solution is to add more rides to HS & AK, however, diverting some folks to a 3rd location would also help ease crowding while keeping Disney accessible to the middle class.
Yes crowding is a problem but at the same time they still have issues parts of the year where they can't fill rooms. Look at spring and summer this year and all the discounts. That means bookings are soft. If you add another location that would take away even more people from those soft bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter