• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Royal Pacific Hotel

miko

DIS Veteran
I just got a $109/night rate for Royal Pacific Hotel July 30 thru Aug 2 (Entertainment Book). Based on previews, I will assume Hotel is near "premium" level at WDW. Right now for AKL or WL at WDW I can get no better than $179/night. I will be staying at Hilton in Hotel Plaza July 27 thru July 30 (Conference) and since we go frequently to WDW, I thought I would try staying at Universal. Hotel is scheduled to open mid June. I will take the $200 plus savings and buy a 2 Universal Season's Passes.
I spoke with CRO about this and they said they would get back to me possibly finding me a more attractive rate at WDW low premium (AKL, WL). I don't expect too much but at least someone at WDW recognizes trus competiton.

I booked 2 nights in Sept for $99/night with entertainment rate. We have a standard room with two queen sized beds. I'm really looking forward to staying in a new hotel at a great rate!

Whether they offer you a spectacular rate or not remember the awesome perk onsite guests get, Universal Express Access. You just show your key and they lead you to the express line and your wait is 0-ten minutes! It's the ultimate perk! :D

Just to let you know that they don't consider Royal Pacific to be a deluxe resort, Portofino is their deluxe, then HRH, then RP is considered their value resort geared more toward families & conventions. But Loew's hotels all are held to high standards & even at other Loew's hotel besides Universal the hotels are beautiful & comfortable! I'm trying RP in August at $139.00 for Club level, it's looks so pretty, I don't think I'll be disappointed! And the best part like Robin said is the express pass perk! :) :)

Originally posted by miko
... I spoke with CRO about this and they said they would get back to me possibly finding me a more attractive rate at WDW low premium (AKL, WL). I don't expect too much but at least someone at WDW recognizes trus competiton.

Do you think you can post any response you get from CRO as I would love to stay a few days at WDW. So far we have booked our entire stay at Royal Pacific for $109 US/night for a pool view room with a king bed. Really looking forward to staying there but would love to spend some time at WDW for the days we will be there. In the AAA Tour Book, both the HR and PBH are rated as four-diamond hotels so I would be assuming that the RP would be in the same league.

We have not stayed at RP (yet), but did stay at HRH. We found HR to be superior to any of the deluxes at WDW (except GF- cannot compare because never stayed there).

I agree with Fºoºz (how do you pronounce that? :confused: ) that from what I have read, the RP is supposed to be comparable to HRH, which is a 4 star hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter