Universal Mardi Gras 2024. “Feet don’t fail me now”. Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler (Let the good times Roll). Skeletons, Gator’s, Beads, Parades & More

Of course I couldn’t forget to take a few photos of the Dragon sitting atop Gringott’s Bank.
IMG_8983.jpeg

IMG_8985.jpeg

IMG_8988.jpeg

IMG_8990.jpeg

IMG_8991.jpeg

IMG_8992.jpeg

It was getting close to time for the parade to start and I decided to observe the parade from a different locations along the way. There were a lot more people here for sure this evening.

IMG_8997.jpeg

It was nice seeing the floats in the daylight.
IMG_8998.jpeg

There is room to expand the Potter sections a bit in both parks. That would mean giving up a few areas that are not working ie. Fast and furious etc.
That would be akin to a public service, even tho we are all family here lol
Learning from the mistakes that Disney made in their Star Wars themed interactive themed ship hotel.
Definitely plural mistakes.
It was nice seeing the floats in the daylight.
I’ve only seen at night

Wednesday, February 7th continued

The Float that represented fire was interesting. I’am always intrigued my the designs of the various Floats. It is nice that Universal keeps some of the Mardi Gras regular favorite Floats like the Gator Float etc…..and then comes up with a few new designs for floats every year. Keeps everything fresh and interesting.

I was able to appreciate the performers costumes better in the daylight for sure.

IMG_9012.jpeg

IMG_9013.jpeg

IMG_9014.jpeg

IMG_9016.jpeg

IMG_9018.jpeg

Water Element float was beautiful and very colorful. Again I marvel at how the performers can walk on stilts much less on stilts with all the costumes.

IMG_9021.jpeg

IMG_9022.jpeg

IMG_9023.jpeg

Have to admit the shark with the Mardi Gras beads in its mouth was a great design choice.
IMG_9025.jpeg

This was a very well designed float with all of the sea life represented.
IMG_9026.jpeg

To be continued

IMG_3035.gif

IMG_3032.gif

Wednesday, February 7th continued

Having the opportunity to look at the floats during the daytime is a totally different experience. Seeing the floats for the second time helped really pick up on some of the design details on the floats too.

I do have to occasionally go back and edit the size of some of the photos when I’am trying to load them. This photo had to be resized twice to get it to load.
IMG_9028.jpeg

IMG_9030.jpeg

Baron Ton Ton
IMG_9033.jpeg

IMG_9034.jpeg

IMG_9035.jpeg

IMG_9036.jpeg

IMG_9037.jpeg

IMG_9038.jpeg

IMG_9040.jpeg

IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9043.jpeg

The stilt walking Gators were in front of my favorite float.
IMG_9045.jpeg

IMG_9047.jpeg

IMG_9048.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9051.jpeg

The Gator float is always at the end of the Mardi Gras Parade.

There were a lot more people this evening along the parade route. I remember when I first started attending Mardi Gras at Universal weekday’s especially Tuesday, Wednesdays were very low crowd days. While last evening (Tuesday) was chilly it had much lower crowds and It was much more enjoyable.

I wanted to head over to IOA after the parade was done to see if I could get a look inside the Halloween Boutique.

As I was walking out of the exit of the Studios and turned right it looked like everyone had the same idea to head over to IOA. It was closing later.

Last edited:
It was still light enough to get a photo of THe Cat in The Hat. I love the little fish in the Teapot.

IMG_9052.jpeg

For those who have not attended HHN. The All Hallows Eve Boutique was started a few years back as an addition to HHN. While HHN is held in the Studios this was a nice way of incorporating some HHN in IOA. There was also Trick or Treating at some of the designated shops in both parks if I remember correctly 2019 and 2020.

The Boutique is small, but nicely decorated for HHN and other events have been included in the Boutiques decorations.

IMG_9053.jpeg

IMG_9054.jpeg

IMG_9055.jpeg

IMG_9056.jpeg

IMG_9057.jpeg

IMG_9058.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg

IMG_9060.jpeg

to be continued

IMG_3034.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter