Universal/IOA Inclement Weather Policy

speller95

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
My family and I will be leaving for our Universal trip on Friday, and there is a 60% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday, and a 50% chance on Monday. What is the inclement weather policy for rides (especially coasters) at the two parks? I know that Universal Studios is mostly indoors, however IOA is outdoors, so I was just wondering when would the outside rides shut down?

TIA,
Nick

if lightening is within a # of miles away, coasters shut down, water taxis shut down.

i have been on plenty of outdoor rides in the ride.
the steady, beating down on your face rain........

The pools too....if they see lightning you have to leave the entire pool area not just get out of the water.

If they get reports of lightning in something like 5 miles radius from the area then pools close and rides and water axis. Same as Disney with the pools fwiw.

Rip Ride Rocket closes for a light shower and then they have to run every train (5 usually) once empty.

Hi all!
My family and I will be leaving for our Universal trip on Friday, and there is a 60% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday, and a 50% chance on Monday. What is the inclement weather policy for rides (especially coasters) at the two parks? I know that Universal Studios is mostly indoors, however IOA is outdoors, so I was just wondering when would the outside rides shut down?

TIA,
Nick

The rain will mostly be afternoon - maybe even after 3. We are in our summertime rain pattern. Look for afternoon thunderstorms. The mornings should be ok - but hot. As the day heats up the clouds will build. So you should be ok riding the roller coasters etc. until it starts thundering/lightning.

The rain will mostly be afternoon - maybe even after 3. We are in our summertime rain pattern. Look for afternoon thunderstorms. The mornings should be ok - but hot. As the day heats up the clouds will build. So you should be ok riding the roller coasters etc. until it starts thundering/lightning.
I'm from Louisiana, I know all about heat! But that was very useful, thank you!

Yes, I've seen it close with just rain going. Not a light rain but heavier rain.

It closed on us this weekend during a sun shower - light rain and the sun was shining.

Are you saying that Rip Ride Rockit closes even if it's just raining?

It did for us. No thunder or lightning, just rain. It was a steady rain but by no means a downpour. We were actually seated in the car, car moving with lap bars secure, when all of sudden it came to a halt and they made us get off because the rain had picked up a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter