Universal Hotels

AnneB

Earning My Ears
Hi
Trying to plan a couple of nights at one of the Universal Hotels as a surprise for the children during our holiday in July. Can anyone offer help on which one they would recommend. Also any help on the cheapest way of booking these would be appreciated.
Thanks
Anne

I've booked through the hotel with a discount rate and last time through www.hotelkingdom.com where they had the best price for the dates we were going. The Royal Pacific is probably the most reasonably priced and IMHO we like it best! It has a wonderful, tropical feel to it and we love the pool there! The Hard Rock Hotel is another popular choice though...Try going to the Universal Resorts Board and you will get alot of information.

Royal Pacific Resort is generally the cheapest - I LOVE IT!!!!

I got the annual pass rate.

they also participate in the entertainment book - so check all your resources - they also have a AAA rate....

Thanks for your help, could someone tell me what the AAA rate stands for.

AAA-the auto club. They also have something called a fan club rate you may be able to get. I got this rate for our trip in July and it was the lowest available. They used to have cards that companies could give their employees, but I said I would have to hunt for my card and she said they do not have to see it at check in anymore.

If you have an entertainment coupon book, those are sometimes the lowest rates. Hard Rock seems to be heavily booked for July and not discounted as much. Royal Pacific is usually the least expensive, but there are some good rates for Portofino Bay if you are lucky. All three are very nice and have different positives for them. I don't think you would be unhappy with any of them. But do stay on site so you get the front of the line perks!

All three are great! If you have small children they would probably enjoy Royal Pacific resort, the pool area has a large interactive play area. As an adult you may love Portofino Bay, the rooms are HUGE! They also have a kiddie pool, play area & pool slide along with a two more adult like pools.
Try looking here for more info:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=30

We have been looking for the best rate for a couple of weeks now. We are staying from 7/14 thru 7/18 and we have found that the Portofino has the lowest rates with the Fan Club Card.
The PBH has been consistently cheaper than the other two.
Someone started a thread recently about this particular topic: "Why is the PBH cheaper"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter