UNIVERSAL Great Britain on it's way?

Lashed34

DIS Veteran
It seems Universal Destinations & Resorts have purchased a large piece of land in Bedford, England for a possible new theme park. Rumours are that it will have no cloned rides from Orlando's parks, but because of weather may be more indoor based, much like Universal Tokyo.

Nothing official announced as yet, but work is rumoured to start once Epic Universe is completed.

Very exciting.
I live not far from the site that was proposed for the shambolic London Resort, so Bedford is nearly 2 hours away. But I guess better than Orlando. 1😄
I'd be very surprised if here are no Harry Potter or Nintendo here, unless there are issues with the rights (the HP studio tour is not far, they'd be crazy to not exploit the possible synergies). Add to those Lord of the Rings and the whole Europe will go bananas.

Last edited:
If it gets Tokyo's Jurassic Park indoor ride that will be awesome, looks like an amazing experience from all the videos I've seen. LotR would be a great IP to add too.

If they are building a resort in Europe it's to get the European market. While there might be a sizeable market for UK visitors in Orlando, the whole of Europe is a much much bigger number.
Potter and Nintendo don't make a full theme park alone. See Epic Universe, those are two areas in a park with quite a few more IPs. I'd be looking at a park like that, their two biggest sellers, with other original IPs.
That's the most logical thing to do, also to reduce overall costs: the 4th Hogsmead and Nintendo Land will cost next to nothing for development, just building costs, and will attracts tens of millions of Europeans who have never and never will go to Orlando.

Potter will almost definitely be an IP at a UK park, maybe Godricks Hollow would be a good idea - a very English Village.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter