Universal Full Service Dining Plan - ?s

invinciblesummer

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

Just came back from Disney where the Dining Plan information is abundant and everything was crystal clear before we arrived. I can't seem to find all the information on Universal's Full Service plan online (or I'm looking for answers I won't find because I don't want to accept them lol) so I'm hoping if any of you have gotten the Full Service plan that you'll be able to shed some light!!

1. Can anyone confirm that you cannot use the Table Service meal at Resort restaurants?
2. Can anyone confirm that you can use the Table Service meal at a Character meal (like the Marvel character meal)?
3. Can you share your experience using the Full Service Plan? Do you feel it was worth the cost for you/your party?

I've seen a lot about the qs plan but not a lot about the Full Service plan so any feedback is super helpful!

Thanks so much!!

Hi everyone,

Just came back from Disney where the Dining Plan information is abundant and everything was crystal clear before we arrived. I can't seem to find all the information on Universal's Full Service plan online (or I'm looking for answers I won't find because I don't want to accept them lol) so I'm hoping if any of you have gotten the Full Service plan that you'll be able to shed some light!!

1. Can anyone confirm that you cannot use the Table Service meal at Resort restaurants?
2. Can anyone confirm that you can use the Table Service meal at a Character meal (like the Marvel character meal)?
3. Can you share your experience using the Full Service Plan? Do you feel it was worth the cost for you/your party?

I've seen a lot about the qs plan but not a lot about the Full Service plan so any feedback is super helpful!

Thanks so much!!

Here are a few links to help you along:

Universal's official dining plan page: https://www.universalorlando.com/we...dining-plan/index.html#universal-dining-plans
Universal's full service dining plan brochure: https://www.universalorlando.com/webdata/k2/en/us/files/Documents/UOR_UDP_Full_Service_English.pdf
Orlando Informer's dining plan page: https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/dining-plan

For your specific questions:

1) Resort restaurants are not included
2) I believe you can but you are best to ask when you make your reservation just to be sure
3) I have never used it personally and probably wouldn't - just would not want to be locked in to this sort of plan (wouldn't typically go for Disney's either)

Didn't even know they had this, but I never book a package and never used Disney's dining plan either.

If you only want it for the sake of budgeting, just buy some gift cards. They won’t lock you into food but you’ll pre-pay and be done.
Dining at Universal just isn’t like Disney. And that’s ok. :)

Thanks so much, everyone!! I think we'll pass on the dining plan and I'll just get gift cards and use those instead. We really liked the Disney Dining Plan as it allowed us to not think about how much any of our individual meals cost because we had prepaid and we did come out ahead on the DDP but I don't think we would on the Universal plan. Just thinking about of we'd want to spend a whole day in the resort or something and hAVING to leave to go get something to eat because we had a dining plan that wasn't accepted there you know? That'll just annoy the fam. Planning ahead and budgeting should work out fine

We have found that we do better without a dining plan at either place. Portions are huge and we can't take home leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter