Universal Express vs. Single Rider

speller95

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

This is my very first thread on DIS and I'm excited that I joined! I'm going with my family to Universal May 23-25, and we'll be staying at RPH. Being that I've been to Disney 15 times (!), but never been to Universal, we're trying to figure out the ins and outs of Universal. My questions are: What rides should we use UE on, and which rides to use SRL on? Is the SRL line sometimes faster than UE?

Thanks in advance!
Nick

Single riders isn't available on every ride. Spiderman, Forbidden Journey, Rip Ride Rockit, Gringotts, Transformers, Hulk and Men in Black have it. Express is not available at Forbidden Journey and Gringotts. I would just ask the attendant at each ride since sometimes one is faster than the other.

My first trip starts in 4 days! In addition to what macraven and damo said, I just thought I'd add that I've read that you should not skip the queue for Forbidden Journey (do castle tour followed by single rider as an option), Mummy, and Men In Black. The queues are supposed to be great and worth doing the first time you ride. If you ride again, do the singles or UE (whichever the attendant says is shortest). Have a great trip!

you are so close chefmb to your trip.
can you feel the excitement!!!

i have the express pass for the parks but i still hit some of the rides for certain rides.
i use the regular line at least once per visit for the mummy, hulk and dr doom, spidey and FJ.
the ap line avoids all the run stuff you see in that queue.
it really adds to the story line.

yes, sometimes the single rider line is just a short cut and you miss some fun stuff in the regular queues.

listen to chefmb!!

Was there on 11 April. I typically found that the Express line appeared to be much faster than the Single Rider line - the most extreme case was at RRR, where I remember entering the Express line at the same time as a group of people who entered the SR line, got on RRR, went back through the Express line again, and got onto RRR again at the same time as that group of people...

I've actually asked multiple staff about this. We have the Premium AP that comes with express after four. Sometimes I want to ride one of the coasters while DH takes my too short son on something else. Staff has always recommended express over single if it's an option. That's because they are trained to show heavy preference for the express line. In my experience the only exception might be MIB. The singles line is usually almost a walk on and even if it isn't, it moves really fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter