Universal during December?

We had so much fun last year we are deciding to go during September again(for hhn) or during December. What kind of holiday stuff does Universal do for Christmas. Are hotel pools(hrh) and Volcano Bay still open?
Thanks for any advice.

They have tons of offerings during the holiday season. We used to go during HHN but decided to go early December a couple years ago and it is our must trip of the year now. Between the decorations, low crowd levels (as long as you go after thanksgiving and before the week before Christmas), Mannheim steamroller concerts, Grinchmas in Suess Landing, there is just so much to see and do.

Yes the pools are open and Volcano Bay is open as long as it is warm enough. December can be fickle with the weather. It’s a very dry month, but it can be 85-90 or it can be 50-60 for the high, and the swing can happen overnight. We are from CT, so 58 for the high was fine for us; but that can be chilly for people used to warm weather.

I can’t recommend it enough, it’s the best time to visit in my opinion.

I particularly loved the decorations in Seuss Landing and you can meet a talking Grinch in the shop rather than the non-speaking one they have all year. The Grinch is a fun meet!

I particularly loved the decorations in Seuss Landing and you can meet a talking Grinch in the shop rather than the non-speaking one they have all year. The Grinch is a fun meet!

Wow that cool, my daughter loved the Grinch last September but like you said he did not talk. I think there is some kind of breakfast with the grinch we are looking into, I wonder if he talks?

We went this past December and just booked to go again this December. My wife and I love doing the Florida trips during December because we hate hot weather with a passion. Yes, some days will still get rather warm, but our trip three months ago was perfect weather.

The crowds on the Thursday and Friday at the parks were basically non existent. It was walk on it felt like to everything but Potter.

The Saturday and Sunday crowds were bigger but nothing was outrageous for wait times.

We had so much fun last year we are deciding to go during September again(for hhn) or during December. What kind of holiday stuff does Universal do for Christmas. Are hotel pools(hrh) and Volcano Bay still open?
Thanks for any advice.

I just wrote a trip report about being there at Christmas... might take a look!

We were there Dec 4th-18th at HRH - the pools at all the Universal hotels were open - all the Christmas decs everywhere, music in the parks....Christmas parade and tree lighting, The Grinch, oh it was a magical time and would highly recommend it.

Wow that cool, my daughter loved the Grinch last September but like you said he did not talk. I think there is some kind of breakfast with the grinch we are looking into, I wonder if he talks?
If it is during the holiday season he should be the talking one, you can inquire just to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter