Universal Disability pass use during Early Entry?

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Posting this here instead of the Universal forum in hopes more have had experience here. I was wondering if they let you use their version of the Disability pass during their Early Entry hours so you can go thru the Express lines? We have used their disability pass before but never been there for Early Entry hours. Since lines should be under their 30min mark they should direct us to the Express line correct? I suspect they start writing times down after Early Entry is over but direct you to the Express lines until then correct? For example for Hagrids do we join the winding normal line or go to the main entrance for the express line during early entry if we want to ride right then not later.

Posting this here instead of the Universal forum in hopes more have had experience here. I was wondering if they let you use their version of the Disability pass during their Early Entry hours so you can go thru the Express lines? We have used their disability pass before but never been there for Early Entry hours. Since lines should be under their 30min mark they should direct us to the Express line correct? I suspect they start writing times down after Early Entry is over but direct you to the Express lines until then correct? For example for Hagrids do we join the winding normal line or go to the main entrance for the express line during early entry if we want to ride right then not later.
Can only give you our experience and no idea if it is standard. With their "handwritten" by TM system it is in human control as to what happens. We arrived very early and were through the gates pretty fast. We hustled direct to Hagrids. When we arrive the line was already posted at something like 180 minutes. When we went to the TM at the entrance they said they would give us a return time, the full 180 minutes posted on the sign. There was no entering the "express" lanes. We have not been yet where the wait was only 30 minutes so I wonder if they automatically start at a longer wait since it will be shortly after opening. We opted to not tie up the pass for that long and came back later when the wait time had dropped. The only real advantage to the EE was Velocicoaster. DS rode 3 times before line got backed up.

Can only give you our experience and no idea if it is standard. With their "handwritten" by TM system it is in human control as to what happens. We arrived very early and were through the gates pretty fast. We hustled direct to Hagrids. When we arrive the line was already posted at something like 180 minutes. When we went to the TM at the entrance they said they would give us a return time, the full 180 minutes posted on the sign. There was no entering the "express" lanes. We have not been yet where the wait was only 30 minutes so I wonder if they automatically start at a longer wait since it will be shortly after opening. We opted to not tie up the pass for that long and came back later when the wait time had dropped. The only real advantage to the EE was Velocicoaster. DS rode 3 times before line got backed up.
Thank you for sharing your experience. :thumbsup2

Their disability pass is good during early admission, events like HHN, and private events. Works the same as regular hours.

Hagrid’s during early admission has a highly inflated wait time…60-120+ minutes from the moment they open when the true wait is often 1/2 to 1/3 or even 1/4. You can either look at where you are when the gates first open and enter the regular line if a minimal wait or head to where the express line would start and get an AAP return time. This will free you up to do FOTH and FJ with minimal wait since those lines should be under 30 and the pass can be used there without affecting Hagrid’s. Great time to see FJ’s amazing queue.

Or wait and ride VC, FOTH, and FJ with minimal wait or cast spells with few others around and come back later when Hagrid’s line is much shorter and can be paired with eating at the Three Broomsticks.

If you do go for Hagrid’s first thing, be aware that TMs are trying to herd everyone into the extended queue so just be polite and flash your AAP or kindly alert them you are going to where you are given a return time. It’s very chaotic at that hour with many guests not paying attention and more like herding chickens.

Yes, you can use your Attratraction Assistance Pass during early entry. One thing to note- since it is a handwritten system there can be human error. We encountered a few TMs who had issues calculating the return time so double check what the return time on the ride says and make sure that it matches the time written on your pass.

Bumping this. This is new territory for me, does Universal want to see a doctor's note?

As far as AAP & Hagrids- Thank you for highlighting the morning hours are the busiest, I did not realize that! My crew will not be doing the EE rush to Hagrid's, we will have EP for everything else. In looking at the hourly data on Thrill Data, there doesn't seem to be much of an advantage to making that our first stop. I'm thinking grabbing a return time late morning/early afternoon and then doing lunch and other stuff in the area might be a better plan for us.

I understand it's a long line physically but any ballparks on much time the standing portion of the AAP line is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter