Universal Closing Procedures on an Event Night?

disneyinthespringtime

Mouseketeer
We'll be at Universal on a night they close early at 6:00 for an after hours event (Grad Bash). Trying to make sure we understand how the final hour / half hour might be impacted by that. Does anyone know what their process is for clearing the park when they have a paid event like this after hours?

I know we couldn't get on a ride after 6, but are they likely to start shutting down parts of the park at 5 or 5:30 to get ready for close? I've google here and elsewhere and can't seem to find details on how they actually manage the exodus part of clearing the park on a night like that!

I would imagine if it states 6PM for close I would imagine it would be 6PM when they would close (stop letting people on attractions). I would imagine guests would cry out "false advertising" if they said 6PM for closing, but start trying to clear people out at 5, or 5:30PM. I've looked it up just now and it appears to officially start at 7PM, which would be plenty of time to clear out regular guests. Also, I read that Grad Bash event goers can do EE starting at 4PM, so there will already be some guests for the event within the park when it's still open. Which isn't surprising since they do similar things for HHN.

I would imagine if it states 6PM for close I would imagine it would be 6PM when they would close (stop letting people on attractions). I would imagine guests would cry out "false advertising" if they said 6PM for closing, but start trying to clear people out at 5, or 5:30PM. I've looked it up just now and it appears to officially start at 7PM, which would be plenty of time to clear out regular guests. Also, I read that Grad Bash event goers can do EE starting at 4PM, so there will already be some guests for the event within the park when it's still open. Which isn't surprising since they do similar things for HHN.

Thanks! Do the clear out all the people then at 6 or just stop letting non-evening event folks ride?

Essentially just stop letting non-event people ride at 6pm. From there it's to their discretion to leave at that point. If people attempted to shop on their way out it's not like they'd check to see if you're a regular guest, or part of the event. I doubt they'd prevent guests from getting merchandise on their way out if it's 6:15PM. However, if it's something specifically aimed towards the event, such as a pop up food places, or little kiosks that has merchandise aimed for that event I can see them potentially checking there and they'd definitely be checking for event people for attractions after 6pm.

Also, if they let people in as early as 4PM as I read they can't really clear out all the people. As some of the park attendants by 6PM would be part of the Grad Bash event if they've been letting those event guests in two hours prior.

However, the official start time is 7PM, so if there is such a thing of them checking everyone everywhere to get access to anything I would imagine it would be then, but I doubt it goes that far. When guests are cut off to most activities and are informed the park is now closed for a specific event people just naturally eventually clear out.

Kind of reminds me of EMH at Disney. Once the park closes they check everyone's bands prior to getting onto attractions, almost all, if anything all concessions are closed. So, it's like, what's the point in staying? So, people clear out. Might take awhile, but they do. I'm sure at most there might be places to eat still open at Universal for Grad Bash, especially if this is a closed event for them, but other than that there isn't that much motivation to stay for most guests anyway.

Essentially just stop letting non-event people ride at 6pm. From there it's to their discretion to leave at that point. If people attempted to shop on their way out it's not like they'd check to see if you're a regular guest, or part of the event. I doubt they'd prevent guests from getting merchandise on their way out if it's 6:15PM. However, if it's something specifically aimed towards the event, such as a pop up food places, or little kiosks that has merchandise aimed for that event I can see them potentially checking there and they'd definitely be checking for event people for attractions after 6pm.

Also, if they let people in as early as 4PM as I read they can't really clear out all the people. As some of the park attendants by 6PM would be part of the Grad Bash event if they've been letting those event guests in two hours prior.

However, the official start time is 7PM, so if there is such a thing of them checking everyone everywhere to get access to anything I would imagine it would be then, but I doubt it goes that far. When guests are cut off to most activities and are informed the park is now closed for a specific event people just naturally eventually clear out.

Kind of reminds me of EMH at Disney. Once the park closes they check everyone's bands prior to getting onto attractions, almost all, if anything all concessions are closed. So, it's like, what's the point in staying? So, people clear out. Might take awhile, but they do. I'm sure at most there might be places to eat still open at Universal for Grad Bash, especially if this is a closed event for them, but other than that there isn't that much motivation to stay for most guests anyway.

Thanks! We are not trying to stay post 6 - just understand how close to the cut off we can be in there before anyone starts showing us out!

Thanks! We are not trying to stay post 6 - just understand how close to the cut off we can be in there before anyone starts showing us out!

Understood! Just want to reassure you (or if anyone reading this actually does want to try to push it to the limit) that you're not going to get the boot unless it's under extreme circumstances, or well past 6PM.

Thanks! Do the clear out all the people then at 6 or just stop letting non-evening event folks ride?
If the park closes early due to a special event, they will start closing ride lines in sections then not allow peeps back into that cleared area

Park will be cleared of the day guests before the special private event opens
Those with the event ticket will be able to stay in the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter