• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal brings back the indoor mask policy

Somewhat surprised that valet is remaining.
Also it's interesting a PP stated the masks go on in the queue even when outdoors - Disney modified their rules to remove that requirement recently (I think).
Either way, Uni still gets my love. <3

Somewhat surprised that valet is remaining.
Also it's interesting a PP stated the masks go on in the queue even when outdoors - Disney modified their rules to remove that requirement recently (I think).
Either way, Uni still gets my love. <3
For WDW, if the queue or ride goes indoors at any time, the mask goes on when you enter the official line (when you walk under the entrance sign, not if the line extends past that point). Even if you are outdoors at that time. That's how its been at WDW for a while.

For WDW, if the queue or ride goes indoors at any time, the mask goes on when you enter the official line (when you walk under the entrance sign, not if the line extends past that point). Even if you are outdoors at that time. That's how its been at WDW for a while.
Yes, there were signs and cast members reminding people, too, when we were there a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for the response. I think it's the "when you walk under the entrance sign" part that was modified somewhat recently. Originally folks in line for (for example) the Runaway Railway or Slinky Dog Dash would have to put on a mask in the outer queue (as people walked next to you maskless) but now only mask up upon entering the building which is usually where the sign is.

I'm sure it's a thankless job to monitor the masks, and I commend everyone who complies willingly!
Let's all do what we can to make the CM's and TM's jobs a little easier when we can. :)

Thanks for the response. I think it's the "when you walk under the entrance sign" part that was modified somewhat recently. Originally folks in line for (for example) the Runaway Railway or Slinky Dog Dash would have to put on a mask in the outer queue (as people walked next to you maskless) but now only mask up upon entering the building which is usually where the sign is.

I'm sure it's a thankless job to monitor the masks, and I commend everyone who complies willingly!
Let's all do what we can to make the CM's and TM's jobs a little easier when we can. :)
That has been the policy since the indoor mask mandate returned in July. But I agree, props to all the workers!

That has been the policy since the indoor mask mandate returned in July. But I agree, props to all the workers!
I'm sure you're right, this is what I was thinking of (from AllEars.net)...

According to Disney’s website, face coverings will be optional for guests on all outdoor attractions, in outdoor queues, and in outdoor theaters at Disney World beginning tomorrow, August 19th.
2021-WDW-Face-mask-policy-update-700x312.png
©Disney
So, now guests may choose to remove their masks on attractions like Dumbo and Jungle Cruise in Magic Kingdom, while standing in outdoor portions of queues like we’ve seen at Slinky Dog Dash, and when watching any outdoor theater shows.

Wear a disposable or one you don't care about on Hulk. Last year, that was the only ride that tended to blow the mask down consistently, and I would be concerned about it blowing off entirely. RRR & Hagrids were fine.

Not sure about Velocicoaster, I haven't tried a mask on it.
I lost a mask on Velocicoaster….it was a disposable one. It was the only one that I have lost.

We just got got back… most people followed the mandate, but there were those few that didn’t think lines would be monitored and were annoyed when they were. Saw one incident of security being called because of a guest’s treatment of a CM… didn’t see the incident but saw the aftermath of security going after the guy based on description. Still had an amazing time… didn’t lose masks on any rides including Velocicoaster, Hagrid’s, Hulk.

We just got got back… most people followed the mandate, but there were those few that didn’t think lines would be monitored and were annoyed when they were. Saw one incident of security being called because of a guest’s treatment of a CM… didn’t see the incident but saw the aftermath of security going after the guy based on description. Still had an amazing time… didn’t lose masks on any rides including Velocicoaster, Hagrid’s, Hulk.

i feel bad for the TMs. Everyone knows what the rule is and they let people cancel with refunds because of it. If you’re unwilling to follow the rule, don’t go. When the rule was that there were no masks and no distancing we decided to go and accept that. It would have been stupid for us to go and argue with TMs that people should wear them. Same thing the other direction. The TMs don’t have any say in this.

i feel bad for the TMs. Everyone knows what the rule is and they let people cancel with refunds because of it. If you’re unwilling to follow the rule, don’t go. When the rule was that there were no masks and no distancing we decided to go and accept that. It would have been stupid for us to go and argue with TMs that people should wear them. Same thing the other direction. The TMs don’t have any say in this.
right. if that's the rule i don't go. i appreciated disney easily refunding me last year

Can we shut this thread down? Vaccine lectures violate the board’s Co Vid discussion policy.

Tell more of your friends to get vaccinated. As a country, we didn’t get close to that 80% vaccination rate that would have helped end this. There are parts of the US only 30-40% vaccinated and they provide great incubators for new variants and surges. Masks and other policies will remain a part of life while there are so many unwilling to get the shot. And it doesn’t help that there is often a strong overlap between people that don’t choose to get vaccinated and also don’t wear masks. Just spreading their germs all around.
As much as I agree with the message that people should get vaccinated I don't think there's much to be done on that front domestically, those that want the vaccine will get it and those that don't won't short of a mandate (which is likely a discussion that would get this thread shut down immediately). The reality is even if the vaccines were 100% effective at eliminating both the severity and spread COVID is a worldwide disease so unless we reach the point where the whole world can be vaccinated vaccination won't end this. To me it seems like regardless of what individuals do this is something we're going to have to figure out a way to live with for the foreseeable future, hopefully they can continue to improve the vaccines and treatments.

I follow the rules and don’t care what others do. I’m cool like that :p
I also follow the rules, my only issue would be if the rules changed after I was committed and I couldn't see a justifiable reason. I can understand those that have issues with masks asking for a refund if they had booked prior to the change but, if they choose to go, the rules seem pretty clear. So either A) request a refund or B) adjust to the new situation. Don't choose to go and then either ruin your and/or someone else's day because of it.

I also just reported my own post in order to make sure I'm in line with the board rules on COVID discussion, I assume this thread is being monitored but if I've gone over the line I would be happy to be brought in line, see, following the rules.

I also follow the rules, my only issue would be if the rules changed after I was committed and I couldn't see a justifiable reason. I can understand those that have issues with masks asking for a refund if they had booked prior to the change but, if they choose to go, the rules seem pretty clear. So either A) request a refund or B) adjust to the new situation. Don't choose to go and then either ruin your and/or someone else's day because of it.

I also just reported my own post in order to make sure I'm in line with the board rules on COVID discussion, I assume this thread is being monitored but if I've gone over the line I would be happy to be brought in line, see, following the rules.
I noticed you reported yourself
You are fine

contact me by pm if you have questions
I’m always available as I do read my section of the boards regularly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter