universal and ioa layout

tcjp4me

Earning My Ears
We will be going to u and ioa on 9/16 and 9/17.We have never been to these parks before.I was just wondering if the layout of the park is like mk or ak ( kind of a wagon wheel with outward spokes?) Are they as big as the disney parks? are attractions as spread out as they are at disney?We are planning to go to universal first on Sun. and then to IOA on Mon.Is this the better days to do the parks or would you switch the days around??Sorry for so many "little"questions,but this board has been a great source of info for me!!!Thanks!!!:confused: :bounce: :pinkbounc :) :jester:

Hi there tcjp4me!

I think your dates are fine and you should not have a problem with crowds. IOA is circle that morphs into each island. USF is a kinda eggshaped park with lots of cut throughs, similar to Disney/MGM but no where near as confusing. I would compare the size of Disney/MGM to USF and IOA to Magic Kingdom.

This being your first visit to Univesal Orlando I hope you have a great time!

IOA is just as described above. One whining complaint I have is that there is NO center point to these Islands. If you are in Jurassic Park, and want to head over to Suess Landing...then you must walk through other lands to get there. It's really not that bad, but the Lost Continent Land seems HUGE!! And when you're on your 3rd day of walking, walking, walking...then you could really use a "short-cut". I wish that there was someway that they could have made "cut throughs" over the water...like a bridge or something over the water (ok, so I'm not an engeneer....just a customer)...so that you can access land to land better. Kind of like Cinderella's Castle area works now.

I have an extra map of IOA if you'd like one. Just email me. It's great to have the maps ahead of time if you're a park planner like me.

UO is harder to explain for me. We weren't there as much so I didn't get a feel for the park.

The only shortcuts in IOA were the Island Skipper tours...which are now defunct. :(

I will be there the same time as you are 9/13-9/18. Will be staying at HRH. Will be happy to help you with any questions as I have been there before although this is my first time staying at HRH. Email if you wish. I would love to hear from you or even a short meet with a fellow dis'er.

You can see park maps here

http://members.nbci.com/apmaps/

Let the page load, then scroll down and click on the link that says, "On To The Amusement Park Maps." Scrool down to Florida and you'll see IOA and US for 2000.

Thanks for all the replies.I have the maps now from the above thread.I love/hate being a compulsive vacation planner!!Thanks everyone!!!:smooth: :D :bounce: :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter