• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unique Souvenir

I get pins and lounge/pajama pants everytime. I like them because I live in them when I'm at home so it's always like I'm wearing a bit of Disney and like a bit of my happy place because they are so comfy.

Go to Memento Mori near the Haunted Mansion exit and have them make a hologram photo of you. Fun and unique souvenir! I think it was around $20 when I had it done, may have gone up some.

Yes, the videos I've seen of these look soooo cool!

For years we've bought fridge magnets of the places we visit, and started collecting pressed pennies when our daughter was old enough to get into it. Neither of them are particularly unique, but it's definitely some of the smallest and least expensive items you can collect! :goodvibes

We used to get a sketch of DD16 each year, and I always get a bottle Laila perfume from Norway in a pretty bag. I also get a new, autographed print from Larry Dotson each trip. One day I'll figure out a way to display it all

We collect the small shot glasses. A lot of the countries in Epcot have them, each of the parks have them, and a lot of the resorts carry specific ones now as well. They are nice to display and small to carry home.

I've been getting the colorful hand painted animals that they sell by the registers at Mombasa Marketplace. I keep them on my kitchen window so while I'm doing dishes I can imagine that I'm looking at animals out on the savanna like at AKL! :) A CM told me last time I bought one that they tell a story: if you look closely, you'll see the signature of the person who made it. The expression on the animals' face is a sign of what the weather was like the day it was made! I have one with a smile, and then when I got home I checked the one I had gotten on a previous trip, apparently that one was made on a rainy day! They aren't expensive, and make me smile. Planning on getting a lion when we are there next week!!!

I like the collectible drink glasses from Trader Sam's. Also the You Are Here starbucks mugs and the new Been There mugs. They used to have incredible and fairly inexpensive attraction-themed printed coasters at Marketplace Coop in Disney Springs. But they disappeared a year or so ago. With any luck, they will bring them back in future.

Can you purchase the Starbucks mugs in the park?

We got silhouettes done of our kids and they are such a sweet, inexpensive souvenir. I also always try to get a Christmas ornament, magnet, and mug.

I have a Disney Pandora bracelet with only Disney charms purchased at the parks on it. It makes it special and I look forward to going and getting my new charms each trip!

Yes. The new You Are Here mugs should now be available in the Starbucks in each WDW park.

I can't wait to get the 4 new mugs! I never really liked the previous mugs so had no desire to get them, but these I love! I'm even looking for a 4 hook mug holder to put them on!

My souvenirs have always been the Starbucks mugs. I get one or two each trip. We use them almost everyday. It's nice to have a the memory, but also get some use out of it.

My Girlfriend always gets a Pandora charm from the park as her souvenir. If you are going after SWGE opens, you could make a customized lightsaber. I'm not big on souvenirs but I did buy a Toy Story Land lanyard for the opening of the land that I wear at work for my badge and ID photo. It reminds me everyday of Disney.

I have a Disney Pandora bracelet with only Disney charms purchased at the parks on it. It makes it special and I look forward to going and getting my new charms each trip!
I have the same thing! Mine are from the parks and the cruise. We’re going again this summer and I can’t wait to get a new charm.

As someone who visits frequently, I tend to gravitate towards items I can use in daily life. I buy jewelry, watches, handbags, clothes (I actually have bought some nice Disney shirts I can wear to work) and other items along those lines. I also occasionally buy Disney art for the house (usually at the Festival of the Arts, but not always).

It really depends on your interests. You could do something as simple as making a book from your photos if that’s what you’re in to.

I like to collect refrigerator magnets for every place I visit, including WDW. Since we've been married, my DW and I have also started collecting ornaments.

It will be interesting the next time we go to WDW with our son (he's 15 months old, we'll probably take him in a few years). I'm sure we'll get some other souvenirs then.

I would really like to get the Dooney and Bourke Dumbo magic band that came out today but it's $58 and I have one coming with our vacation package for this coming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter