Unique Souvenir

hawkeyesparks

DIS Veteran
I've been to WDW every other year since 1998, with a few extra trips mixed in. So I've done the t-shirts, mickey ears, etc... For the last 10 years I've looked for unique souvenirs from WDW. I've done pressed pennies, and Disney Dollars, and several other things that Disney doesn't even think/market as souvenirs.

What I'm wondering for those that go a lot, are there any unique souvenirs that you have picked up over the years, or collect?

I’ve gotten hand blown glass ornaments in Epcot, Pick a Pearl jewelry, and art. I use the SotMK cards and Pirate maps as decoration under glass topped tables. I try to get my mom a new Alex and Ani bracelet too since she collects them.

We have several statues, painted cels or the artist sketches. Also DD does the Alex and Ani Bracelets and Pandora's.

personally, i collect pins, and i always make sure to grab a pin with the year i'm there, and the resort i'm staying at. i've also started collecting magnets.

one of my favorite vloggers, Ivy Winter, collects the masks from the Italy gift shop. She gets a new one every time she goes and I think she hangs them up.

i know people who collect popcorn buckets. others collect mugs. there's also ornaments, tsum tsums (though I heard they're getting rid of those?), park maps, magic bands, etc.

We usually get a dated Christmas ornament every year. I also collect pins, but very few of them. I keep them on a bulletin board at home so space is quite limited. Only very special puns, that I love, get purchased. Maybe one every few years, usually a special passholder release that I really like.

I've been to WDW every other year since 1998, with a few extra trips mixed in. So I've done the t-shirts, mickey ears, etc... For the last 10 years I've looked for unique souvenirs from WDW. I've done pressed pennies, and Disney Dollars, and several other things that Disney doesn't even think/market as souvenirs.

What I'm wondering for those that go a lot, are there any unique souvenirs that you have picked up over the years, or collect?

We are pretty limited on trinkets but we do let our kids get some. I prefer home use items like ceramics and stuff but even then those don't always last. We like unique pins and our kids like the artist drawings that they've gotten. The sketch artist at POR during our last visit did an awesome job sketching our dogs who weren't on our trip with us but just from a phone pic- my daughters loved it. I think the stuff that really stands the test of time and we fondly look back on more than anything are our photos. I try to buy a nice disney frame each trip for a nice photo.

One year we went through the countries in Epcot. We picked up a small item related to each country.

I like something specific to each trip. For example, stay at Poly, Nautilus from Trader Sam's; Christmas Party, exclusive pin or shirt. If it's a park anniversary, something commemorating that, etc.
I agree with PP that photos are the best!

I am trying for the hidden mickey or disney item in each room of the house. Master bath has mickey white on white hand towels. Pick a room for an added treasure and search it out.

I got a haunted mansion puzzle that I am going to glue and frame as art.
I also got the photo at memento mori which looks super cool.

I like the collectible drink glasses from Trader Sam's. Also the You Are Here starbucks mugs and the new Been There mugs. They used to have incredible and fairly inexpensive attraction-themed printed coasters at Marketplace Coop in Disney Springs. But they disappeared a year or so ago. With any luck, they will bring them back in future.

We have a variety of stickers that get handed out. My favorites are the Nurse Minnie ones. They make me laugh now...but at the time it wasn't so funny. I was opening up a glow stick/wand that we brought from home. It snapped and the lovely glow liquid shot out into my eye. Hurt like... but Hollywood Studios first aide was very helpful.

There are some mint tins that have characters and attractions on them. We like the refillable popcorn buckets too. They are great for the week and then we use them at home for storing toys and keep others around the kitchen for storing cookies.

I like to buy customized things from Arribas Brothers. They aren't overly expensive but have a utilitarian purpose (I look for this when buying souvenirs so I love coming home and using my personalized mugs and shot glasses). They also make great gifts.

I also have a lot of kitchen stuff (dish towels, salt and pepper shakers, etc.).

They are harder to find (at least they were the last time I was there) but I have done the personalized keychain machines a couple of times. Having a unique name means I can never find anything personalized off the rack so it's cool to make one personalized for myself and have it on my key ring.

I also like the Arribas brother wooden pens and pencils with my name engraved on them. They are used every day and if anyone steals them from me I can easily identify the perpetrator and make them do the walk of shame back to my desk with their ill-gotten gains.

I know, it's very "Roz from Mosnter's Inc" of me but now everyone knows I am "Always Watching" and they dare not pilfer from my desk.

~NM

I like the Disney photo frames. There is a wide variety of frames, and of course you can put a photo of your trip in it :)

For us a dated Christmas ornament and dated picture frame is a must on every trip. One year DD13 picked a small inexpensive item from each country in WS and has them displayed on a shelf. She also purchases a yearly dated pin from each trip & made a pin board to display them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter