Unique merchandise? My cousin is going and wants to know what I want!

skellinton

DIS Veteran
My cousin is going to Toyko for work and is taking a day to go to Disney. He is a very sweet guy and knows I love Disney and wants to get me a present. I was hoping for some suggestions on something inexpensive ish (25 american or so) for him to look for that I couldn't get myself. Are there any sites besides ebay to see some of ther merchandise?
My favorite Disney character is, of course, Jack, but I don't if they would have anything exclusive there And goodness knows I have all the Disney stuff that is NMBC that you can get Online.
I also love Marie, and anything Haunted Mansion.
Are there tsums exclusive to Japan? Are they hard to get? I don't want him to waste time shopping, I just want him to go in quick and get something and then hit the park so I can hear all about it!
Thanks for any suggestions and help!

Duffy bear is huge over there, isn't it? I didn't realize there was a girl version, if there isn't anything Jack, Marie or HM I will ask for her. I don't have a Duffy, but that could be remedied pretty easy!
Thanks!

Jack and Marie are quite popular in Japan, so there will be some kind of merchandise. Exactly what is hard to say because it's constantly changing. You can see some examples on the Japanese version of the official website. http://s.tokyodisneyresort.jp/goods/index_tdl.htm

I love the Nanoblocks, and I have almost all of them. The Marie should be under $25. It's a pretty small package, in a short cylinder. There is a shop just around the corner from POTC that had a good range of them when I was there. I also have a Marie hat/scarf/gloves all in one that I love. You may not find that at this time of year though.

Thank you so much! I know Jack is popular in Japan, but there is so much merchandise out of Japan already I wasn't sure it they would have it in the park. Those Nano blocks are amazing! All of it is amazing, the chopsticks and bowls are great too, thank you for sharing that site! I have no idea what the Enjoy part is all about, but I loved seeing the pictures of the people holding their little eggs throughout the park!
Thank you again!!!,

Yeah, I have to say I found the merchandise in Japan a lot more exciting than the merchandise in America :) there is one other resource I know of - Disney dream store from Japan on Facebook. The woman who runs this also has an eBay store, but she posts a lot more pictures of items on her Facebook page.

Careful, she will pick up items and ship internationally, which can be a little bit addictive! :)

Thanks for hooking my family on nanoblocks. Looks like I'll be picking up about a half-dozen or so next month. ;)

Thanks for the merch link!

Haha, no worries! You can find a huge range in Japan, from little animals to buildings and vehicles. And if you ever make it to Osaka, there are Universal Studios Nanoblocks. There aren't as many cool characters, I think I only picked up Pink Panther, Cookie Monster, Jaws and Snoopy, but they also have the Universal globe which is one of my favourites (although took a long time to put together!)

Eight months since I came back and I still have one last set to put together (Nemo and Squirt). I think I'm dragging my feet intentionally heh

There is some unique merchandise for the Tower of Terror-> a figure of the idol that causes the tower to malfunction (creepy!), some characters in Tower of Terror doorman outfits. My personal favorite unique item is from the game in the Aladdin area of Disney Sea. When I was there last month, you payed 500 yen to play, and if you lost, you got a very cool pin with either Stitch, Angel, and I believe Chip or Dale in Aladdin-esque clothes. If you win, you can get a giant Stitch or Angel doll in Arabian clothes. I won and now have a giant Stitch who lives on my sofa. :)

Thanks for all the help, you guys are the best! Now, do you have any suggestions on how to get me to fit in his suitcase, so I can go along! Looking at all the pictures is driving me crazy, it looks so different than anything I have ever seen, so amazing! The ToT is just beautiful, I want to go!!!!!

The Little Green Men (Toy Story) popcorn buckets ($21 with popcorn) or these hooded towels that drap over your shoulders. My Nephew bought Sully and Mike for his parents and Mickey and Minnie for is brother and girlfriend. He got the Genie from Aladdin and Cheshire Cat for his girlfriend. My family didn't purchase any, but a lot of local people had them on. We aren't sure if they were for rain or sun?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter