Unique days challenge

DisneyDad64

Mouseketeer
What type of fun daily challenges have people tried?
During a recent solo trip I decided to try to ride two major rides in every park and take all four forms of transportation Bus, Monorail, Gondola and Boat.
I started off taking the bus to Animal Kingdom to ride Flight of Passage, Everest, and Kilimanjaro Safari. I then took the bus over to Magic Kingdom and rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Thunder Mountain Railroad. I then took the monorail to Epcot and rode Soarin and Test Track. I then took the gondola to Hollywood Studios to ride Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Mania. I finished the challenge taking a boat back to Epcot.

We were going to try to eat a snack (looked for weird stuff) from every Epcot country on our July trip, but that turned out to be tough because a lot of the stores weren't open. We ended up getting like 3 things.

Before the pandemic, we used to play "Bus Roulette". Whatever park we were at for the day, around lunch time we would head out to where the busses were. Whichever resort bus arrived first, we would board, and then explore and have lunch before returning the park. It was actually a lot of fun.

Before the pandemic, we used to play "Bus Roulette". Whatever park we were at for the day, around lunch time we would head out to where the busses were. Whichever resort bus arrived first, we would board, and then explore and have lunch before returning the park. It was actually a lot of fun.
That does sound fun, and still doable now! I might try that next week.

We just got back on Sunday and on our MK day (Friday) I gave myself a personal challenge to try to do every open attraction since we weren't dealing with FPs or on any schedule except lunch ADR. Even the rides I really don't like to do (lookin' at you Speedway and Space!) were part of the challenge. Well, except for Barnstormer, that wasn't happening for me. lol

Almost made it too! Missed Country Bears (but DD and DH saw it while I took DD13 on 7DMT), Swiss Family Robinson, Dumbo, Liberty boat, and Philharmonic. We would have had time to do them all but a late lunch at Skippers took a while and time was ticking. Earlier we skipped out of Philharmonic because when they delayed to clean the theatre, the party in front of us in the indoor queue took off their masks and started eating and there was no way to social distance well. Dumbo we could have done at park close but DD13 really wanted Splash one more time. So Splash it was :)

What a great idea!

During a recent solo trip I decided to try to ride two major rides in every park and take all four forms of transportation Bus, Monorail, Gondola and Boat.
I started off taking the bus to Animal Kingdom to ride Flight of Passage, Everest, and Kilimanjaro Safari. I then took the bus over to Magic Kingdom and rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Thunder Mountain Railroad. I then took the monorail to Epcot and rode Soarin and Test Track. I then took the gondola to Hollywood Studios to ride Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Mania. I finished the challenge taking a boat back to Epcot.
That sounds like a fun day!

When I go to cities, I like to bar hop and ask the bartender or server where their favorite place is, or where they like to go after work, and go from there. I've always wanted to try that at WDW although day drinking at WDW seems a little rough and expense as much as I love day drinking. I thought of doing it with experiences overall where I start on the bus to a given park and ask the bus driver what I should do, or what their favorite thing is to do. It can be ride, restaurant, or anything really... well, anything I can do since park hopping isn't an option.

It's fun too because the bartender or server usually offers a reason to why that's their favorite and it's a fun way to chat with people or to gain a new perspective on an experience I'm familiar with.

We were staying at BLT and waited about 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot, then got left at the curb by a really rude driver. We got miffed and decided we weren't waiting another 45 minutes, so we took the monorail to the MK, then a bus to Riviera, then the gondola to Epcot. The only regret we had that day was we waited for 45 minutes for the bus at BLT in the first place - won't do that again. We could have easily gotten off the Monorail at TTT and taken the boat to MK - kinda wish we had now that I think about it.

Reactions: rlk
We had kids disagreeing on the transportation..
So we raced one parent one adult monorail vs ferry. MK to transportation center.... Monorail won by 15 mins. I think because the boat just sits there waiting for more people.

You can't do that right now; you have to have a reservation to get into any park and there is no park hopping.
The post I quoted didn't say anything about park hopping, just going to a resort for lunch. Which you are allowed to do right now using Disney transportation.

The post I quoted didn't say anything about park hopping, just going to a resort for lunch. Which you are allowed to do right now using Disney transportation.

Sorry, I interpreted it to mean whatever park bus came first AFTER lunch as well. My bad.

My daily challenge was to ride Space Mountain! I like roller coasters, but Space is just too rough. The DL version is so much better. And yes, I being am facetious, I've ridden it plenty of times, but it really is too rough.

My other daily challenge is to resist the urge to go to a park and mow my lawn.

We've done a lot of different challenges. Some of my favorites:

25 rides across all four parks for our 25th wedding anniversary.

6 park day (we started at Universal/IOA) with my favorite ride in each for Mother's Day.

Princess Half Marathon followed by eating food in all 4 parks with my DD.

Our favorite self given challenges are all food related. Sometimes we give ourselves a theme like fall or whisky and go to as many resorts as we can and get something in the category. Pretty standard challenge I assume but it always ends up a tasty one!

During normal times I like seeing how many nighttime shows I can make it to in one night. It's a stressful activity but I've made it to Fantasmic, Illuminations, and Wishes in one night. Based on the show names you can see that I'm dating myself a bit lol. Technically we caught some of Wishes outside MK at the turnstiles, but you could see the high fireworks so it counts!

On an "off" non theme park day I've also tried to see how many resorts we could make it to. If I remember correctly, we were staying at one of the All-Stars and took a bus to MK, walked to Contemporary, took the monorail to the Poly, walked to GF, took the monorail back to MK and then took a boat to Wilderness Lodge. It happened to be Christmas time and we enjoyed walking around, enjoying a cool weather day, and seeing all the decorations. We could have done more exploring but were a little tired.

Next time I make it to Epcot I def want to try buying a unique candy or snack in every World Showcase country. The only problem is choosing just one in Japan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter