Unexpected things to do??

ShayBells

Let's get dangerous.
Though my schedule is pretty full and I am a disney veteran I still feel like there is so much to do!! I'm talking about in the parks. I see little things here and there on these boards. Like the dapper dans. Worth it? I don't know. I guess I've never stopped to smell the roses.

Please give me all your out there not rides things to do in all the parks. I want to make a list and see how much we can just stop and smell the dang roses haha. ;)

:banana:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I love the Dapper Dans. I don't take the time to seek them out though. But, if they are singing when we walk by, we stop and listen. Same thing for any of the entertainers. We'll stop if they're performing and enjoy that bit of fun, and then continue onto whatever we were planning on before.

The Christmas stories told in each country in the World Showcase are one of my favorite "special" things that Disney World does.

Turtle talk with Crush qualifies as a "non-ride" and so cool. Another one is Tom Sawyers Island...loved that with the kids.

We love to go to Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekends...if you are a fan at all, it will be a good time.

LOVE Guitar Dan in AK & I enjoyed the Captain Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial as much as my 6 year old did.

Voices of Liberty is a must for everyone. I go multiple times during my trip. The sound is amazing. You can find them at the American Pavilion in EC.

This is good. Thanks everyone. Keep them coming.

I especially love the Xmas stories. Do they do that always or just during Xmas?

DD9 and I enjoyed The Notorious Banjo Brothers and Bob. I think they're on the daily schedule (found as you walk under the train station, with the maps). Or if you're an uber-planner like me, it's on the kenny the pirate site.

Guitar Dan is a must do for our family when we go to AK. There is nothing cooler for our daughters then when he comes up with a song right on the spot and adds their names and stuff about them in the song. We record it every time and it is one of our favorite things to look back on and watch when we get ready for our next trip.

I think the shows and movies in World Showcase are the one thing that we always neglect a bit. Next trip I am going to be more hardcore about leaving more time!

Wowzer in MK was neat too.

I think it's pretty funny that you're trying to make a list of things to do when you're trying to stop and smell the roses. :goodvibes We are guilty of rushing around in the parks and want to slow down this time, too.

Just keep your ears and eyes open and stop to watch things that look appealing. Our 3-year-old is a ham and loves to dance to any musicians we find in the parks. The Main Street Philharmonic is a great brass band, the Jammitors in Epcot were interesting, and the musicians in Harambe Village and Anandapur in AK were SO much fun. PUSH the talking trash can in Tomorrowland is hilarious and it really blows little kids' minds.

I think it's pretty funny that you're trying to make a list of things to do when you're trying to stop and smell the roses. :goodvibes We are guilty of rushing around in the parks and want to slow down this time, too.

Just keep your ears and eyes open and stop to watch things that look appealing. Our 3-year-old is a ham and loves to dance to any musicians we find in the parks. The Main Street Philharmonic is a great brass band, the Jammitors in Epcot were interesting, and the musicians in Harambe Village and Anandapur in AK were SO much fun. PUSH the talking trash can in Tomorrowland is hilarious and it really blows little kids' minds.

Yeah I know right haha but I should of phrased my question better. I meant more like unexpected finds. Or like that PUSH thing sounds cute I want to know where to find that kind of stuff. Like best kept secrets kind of stuff. The stuff the dont really mention but all you great DISers knows is there. Like I was reading secrets gold I think it was and there was something about an old film thing in Main Street station that if you look in it and turn the wheel it plays a short film or something like that. And it got me thinking. In all the times I've been to disney I don't think I've ever went in the station. What is wrong with me? Lol. So I want to know more haha I want to see more without rushing around trying to fit in attractions. In seriously considering booking another trip next year just for other things than riding every ride haha that would be awesome. :)

I really enjoy Miyuki the Candy Lady at Epcot (Japan pavilion). She makes "candy animals" following a traditional Japanese practice, and takes requests from the crowd about which animals to make. Her schedule is posted on a pillar by the main shop in Japan, or you can ask inside the shop. I always make sure to watch her at least once per trip!

One thing that was really fun for my kids at AK; they had these stations that they could stop at and complete different activities. Once they completed the activity, they got a stamp. If they completed all the activities, they got a special stamp on their "passport." My kids really enjoyed that and DD still has her passport.

They also love to penny hunt (pressed coins) :)

Devine in AK. Pulling the rope at the well near Indiana Jones, I totally got some kids with that last time I went. There was a voice that said let me out, or something like that.

Not sure how "secret" these are but...

We saw Mickey with no wait on Main Street. It was in one of the buildings on the right as you walk in. It was like no one else knew he was there - it was THAT empty. This was close to Christmas too, so the park was crowded.

Also, I love the silhouettes they do in France (Epcot). I have one of each DD from when they were little. Great souvenirs!

Another must do for us is the animation class in Hollywood Studios. It's right near the Little Mermaid attraction. They run periodically, but show up at least 15 min. before the class. Each person gets a backlit desk and pencil (no eraser). Then the animation artist teaches the class how to draw a Disney character (the class usually votes). We keep all 4 of ours each time we go! it's great to see how the kids get better and better with each visit.

Last, there is a "soft opening" for the Food & Wine Festival the day before it begins - late afternoon. No crowds!

Not sure how "secret" these are but...

We saw Mickey with no wait on Main Street. It was in one of the buildings on the right as you walk in. It was like no one else knew he was there - it was THAT empty. This was close to Christmas too, so the park was crowded.

Also, I love the silhouettes they do in France (Epcot). I have one of each DD from when they were little. Great souvenirs!

Another must do for us is the animation class in Hollywood Studios. It's right near the Little Mermaid attraction. They run periodically, but show up at least 15 min. before the class. Each person gets a backlit desk and pencil (no eraser). Then the animation artist teaches the class how to draw a Disney character (the class usually votes). We keep all 4 of ours each time we go! it's great to see how the kids get better and better with each visit.

Last, there is a "soft opening" for the Food & Wine Festival the day before it begins - late afternoon. No crowds!

Already have the soft opening planned! :banana: but I am looking forward to the drawing class. :yay:

Devine in AK. Pulling the rope at the well near Indiana Jones, I totally got some kids with that last time I went. There was a voice that said let me out, or something like that.

That is awesome!! I'm getting so many great tips!! Thank you all!!!

Most of our favorites have already been listed:

Christmas storytellers-- Norway has the best
Voice of Liberty
Dapper Dans
Main Street Philharmonic
PUSH-- love, love, love him

My additions to the list:

Trolley show on Main Street
Flag Retreat on Main Street-- this is beautiful, patriotic, powerful, moving
Steel drum band in AK
Once, I saw a show on Main Street featuring a saxophone band. They were great-- not sure what they were called.

Don't know how secret this is, but the castle projection show in the evenings is a must-see.

The times guide is really your best friend if you want to focus on the great "streetmosphere."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter