Undercover Tourist and Managing MaxPass

wildflower

Mouseketeer
If I purchase our tickets through Undercover Tourist, I'll save $22.58 pp (3-day park hoppers). Are there any downsides to this besides that I'll have to add MaxPass once we're in the parks vs. when I purchase the tickets? How big of a pain is that? We're only planning to get MaxPass on days 2 and 3 since we arrive in the afternoon the first day, so maybe I'd have to add it one day at a time in the parks anyway?

I've already downloaded the Disneyland app and looked it over a bit. Will I be able to put all three of our park hoppers onto the same phone (and order Max Pass for all of them on the same phone)? We'll be staying together the whole time, and I'd rather just carry one phone.

We just did this a few weeks ago. There were no problems. I did Maxpass for 5 people every day as soon as everyone’s tickets were scanned at the gate.

If I purchase our tickets through Undercover Tourist, I'll save $22.58 pp (3-day park hoppers). Are there any downsides to this besides that I'll have to add MaxPass once we're in the parks vs. when I purchase the tickets?
No not really.

How big of a pain is that?
If you are rope dropping and trying to make it to your first ride, it is a slight inconvenience. Also, the DLR app asks for your credit card (make sure that is entered beforehand) and, when you get the MP, you security code on the back. If you have that handy it will make it easier.

We're only planning to get MaxPass on days 2 and 3 since we arrive in the afternoon the first day, so maybe I'd have to add it one day at a time in the parks anyway?
Yep.

I've already downloaded the Disneyland app and looked it over a bit. Will I be able to put all three of our park hoppers onto the same phone (and order Max Pass for all of them on the same phone)? We'll be staying together the whole time, and I'd rather just carry one phone.
Yes, no problem. As long as you have all tickets entered beforehand into the app.

Here is the big tip: when you enter the tickets, give them the name of the person right then. You cannot enter it later and it if confusing to keep track of which ticket is for which person otherwise.

:wizard:

You might want to check Last Minute Travel as well. Their rates are a bit better than UCT. Website is kind of clunky, but if you click "Activities" and put in "Anaheim, CA" with your dates, then DLR will come up.

Dont you have to pay $15/day for max pass instead of the $10/day if you purchase directly FROM Disney?

Dont you have to pay $15/day for max pass instead of the $10/day if you purchase directly FROM Disney?
It $15 a day for everyone now, except for those folks who are able to get deals based on older rates. I think those will stop by the time this summer comes.

Not to steal the OP, but is it as easy as just buying the MP the day you want to use them? So as soon as we check in at DL we can go onto the app and buy our MP? Can you not pre buy them ahead of time on the app once you linked your tickets to the app from undercover tourist?

Not to steal the OP, but is it as easy as just buying the MP the day you want to use them? So as soon as we check in at DL we can go onto the app and buy our MP? Can you not pre buy them ahead of time on the app once you linked your tickets to the app from undercover tourist?

Nope. You can only buy once you've entered DL or DCA. If you purchased the tickets directly from Disney, you *might* be able to pre-buy (if you didn't already select to pre-buy at the time of purchase)

how many fastpass can you get at once? for different attractions

Please read the OP here: "Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

If you are still confused come back. :)

still confused with the amount of fast pass that can be had at the same time, in florida you can get a maximum of 3 fastpassy as you use them you can continue to get more.
In theory, I believe there is no limit to the number of FPs you can have at once, subject to the other rules. What keeps you from having an unlimited number at once is that there is a cooldown time (a wait) between when you can book another pass. FastPass/MaxPass is really easy to understand when you're using it... but for whatever reason is kind of hard to explain.

Basically: once you are in the park, you can either get one paper FP from a machine or book one on your phone via MaxPass. Then you have to wait a period of time (could be less but usually 30-120 minutes depending on the exact situation) and after the wait you can book another FastPass, and then after another wait (again, usually 30-120 minutes depending on the exact situation) you can book another FP, etc. Whether you have used the FP or not doesn't stop you from getting another one (although it may effect the amount of time you have to wait).

Last edited:
still confused with the amount of fast pass that can be had at the same time, in florida you can get a maximum of 3 fastpassy as you use them you can continue to get more.
There is no limit to how many FPs you can have at one time. WDW used to be that way before FP+. DLR has always been that way.

It $15 a day for everyone now, except for those folks who are able to get deals based on older rates. I think those will stop by the time this summer comes.

When I went on to check ticket prices tonight, it is still only $10 when purchasing from Disney. It is $260 for 3 day hopper promo or $290 with Maxpass included. UT would be $237 + $45. With that small price difference, I just plan on buying mine direct.

When I went on to check ticket prices tonight, it is still only $10 when purchasing from Disney. It is $260 for 3 day hopper promo or $290 with Maxpass included. UT would be $237 + $45. With that small price difference, I just plan on buying mine direct.
Thanks for the feedback!

I would check the prices on the Disney site again. I think that taxes may not be included in those ticket prices. With UT, taxes are included in their prices.

You might want to check Last Minute Travel as well. Their rates are a bit better than UCT. Website is kind of clunky, but if you click "Activities" and put in "Anaheim, CA" with your dates, then DLR will come up.
This is true but you need to have a membership to see the discounted prices. Memberships are technically $50 but there are always free membership codes online (I think MONEYSAVER was the last one I saw but it may not be valid anymore).

I almost forgot, the page can sometimes be hard to find navigating LMTclub's website so here is a link to the Disneyland tickets:
http://m.lmtclub.com/Activities/Anaheim/Disneyland-Resort-1218285-Overview.aspx

This is what their current prices are:
Select available date:
The first price is Adult (9+) and the second one is Child (3-9)
2 Days Ticket (1 Park per Day) $207.91 $194.05
2 Days Park Hopper Ticket $255.73 $242.03
3 Days Ticket (1 Park per Day) $277.23 $258.74
3 Days Park Hopper Ticket $324.23 $305.97
4 Days Ticket (1 Park per Day) $291.61 $273.66
4 Days Park Hopper Ticket $336.86 $319.13
5 Days Ticket (1 Park per Day) $295.92 $278.51
5 Days Park Hopper Ticket $339.54 $322.35

We have used them several times and had really good results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter