• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Undercover tourist and magic bands ? I am confused????

provencio

Mouseketeer
Quick question and some clarification.. I plan to buy my tickets through UT (by the way thanks to all who referred me) how will I get my magic bands? Do I get them at check-in? do I pre-order? I thought I needed them to make FP+ reservations? I have also read about customized bands what is this???? ... sorry I need direction!!!

1. Customized bands - you can decorate your bands using nail polish, sharpies, temporary kids tattos, and skins that places sell through places like Etsy. It's a really fun activity leading up to your trip! This last trip, I used a band from 2013 where I painted it with lavender nail polish and added teal dots with nail polish to make it look like a Sully band. I then painted it with a light glitter top coat of nail polish to add some shine.
2. Are you staying on or off property? You will only get magic bands sent to you if you are staying on property. If you are staying off property and you purchase tickets through UT, you will not get magic bands at all. You will have to purchase them once you arrive at one of the gift shops and link them to your tickets.
3. If you are staying on property, you should be able to log into your MDE (My Disney Experience) account and you should have a thing directly when you log in that says Personalize your Magic Band. Click that link and you should be taken to a page where you can customize the color of everyone's magic band in your party.
4. If you purchase tickets elsewhere, you will need to log into MDE or call the Disney number and get them to link your tickets to the right person so if you do get magic bands, you will be able to use the bands with the right park tickets.

I agree with the PP except for on point one. Customizing magic bands through your resort reservation means you get to pick a color and assign a name. You should be able to get to it from MyDisneyExperience once your onsite reservation is linked.

Quick question and some clarification.. I plan to buy my tickets through UT (by the way thanks to all who referred me) how will I get my magic bands? Do I get them at check-in? do I pre-order? I thought I needed them to make FP+ reservations? I have also read about customized bands what is this???? ... sorry I need direction!!!

- MagicBands are sent to Disney Hotel Guests regardless of ticket. They will be used for your hotel room key etc.
- Only TICKETS are needed to make FP+ reservations, not MagicBands.
- Once you have hotel reservation keep checking your MDE under MagicBands for when you can order them.
- CUSTOMIZING means you pick out which color MB you want and what name you want printed on inside. This has no other purpose than allow you to know which band belongs to who.

Again, if you are staying in Disney hotel they are included. If you are staying off property you may BUY some online at Disney Store or at Parks or Disney Springs or small shops found in some non-Disney hotels. Then go on MDE and key in MB ID number for each band to link to person who will use it.

MagicBands are not necessary to book FPs.

You must have valid tickets linked to your MDE account and then you can book FPs 60 days before an onsite reservation or 30 days before each park day if you are an offsite guest.

Thank you this helps 100%!!! one more question after linking my reservation to MDE when will I receive my bands?

After you customize the MBs by the day Disney designates, they will be shipped a few weeks before your scheduled arrival date.

Thank you this helps 100%!!! one more question after linking my reservation to MDE when will I receive my bands?

I think we got ours about 30 days before our check in day. In MDE, it will tell you that you have X amount days to customize your bands. Once that period is over, the bands are shipped to your home.

Should we get Magic bands if we are staying off site? I think the convenience looks great but it is an extra $60 for the 4 of us.

Should we get Magic bands if we are staying off site? I think the convenience looks great but it is an extra $60 for the 4 of us.
I wouldn't spend the money. You would only use them to scan in for your fast passes. They are more useful for onsite stays since you can pay for things with them and use them as a room key.

I wouldn't spend the money. You would only use them to scan in for your fast passes. They are more useful for onsite stays since you can pay for things with them and use them as a room key.
I got E tickets through undercover tourist. Does it take a long time to go through guest relations the first day? I would like to be present for the rope drop at MK.

Not really necessary just to enter a park or FP line. You can purchase a lot of snacks or souvenirs with the $60. :)

Having had magic bands, we'd buy them if offsite. They're fun and our kids loved using them.

I got E tickets through undercover tourist. Does it take a long time to go through guest relations the first day? I would like to be present for the rope drop at MK.
I am not sure. But also keep in mind you won't be able to make fp selections ahead of time. I bought the "mailed to you" tickets and linked them to my account since we were staying on site. You may actually want to purchase magic bands so you can 1. Make fp selections and 2. Make rope drop.

I am not sure. But also keep in mind you won't be able to make fp selections ahead of time. I bought the "mailed to you" tickets and linked them to my account since we were staying on site. You may actually want to purchase magic bands so you can 1. Make fp selections and 2. Make rope drop.
As long as e tickets are linked to the MDE, you can book FPs. It's the tickets that enable FP booking. MagicBands aren't necessary for the booking of FPs.

All MagicBands do is provide a link to MDE data. That's why they aren't necessary if a guest has hard, plastic tickets.

As long as e tickets are linked to the MDE, you can book FPs. It's the tickets that enable FP booking. MagicBands aren't necessary for the booking of FPs.

All MagicBands do is provide a link to MDE data. That's why they aren't necessary if a guest has hard, plastic tickets.
You are correct. I was thinking the OP was picking up tickets at will call. Is it just getting the physical card then? Then the OP just needs to link the tix to MDE to make fp. Idk what guest relations is like in the morning, but I'd probably allow plenty of time (45 before opening).

You are correct. I was thinking the OP was picking up tickets at will call. Is it just getting the physical card then? Then the OP just needs to link the tix to MDE to make fp. Idk what guest relations is like in the morning, but I'd probably allow plenty of time (45 before opening).
I agree; 45 minutes may be necessary depending on which park they are visiting.

@nolive is offsite but maybe stopping by Epcot's International Gateway or Disney Springs the night before to convert tickets will save time.

I agree; 45 minutes may be necessary depending on which park they are visiting.

@nolive is offsite but maybe stopping by Epcot's International Gateway or Disney Springs the night before to convert tickets will save time.
I didn't think about Disney springs. Great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter