Under 3's meals

minnie2607

Mouseketeer
Hi all
Just starting to plan our Xmas trip, 30th nov-4th dec
We want to book some character meals this time... Thinking auberge, inventions and cafe mickey?
Any advice as to whether this is a good mix?
Also we have a 2 year old with us, I know things are priced as 3+, what's the situation here? I don't mind paying for him a meal if that's the only way he can eat...but obviously don't want to if he can eat anyway (thinking the buffet?)

Any tips most welcome :)
Thankyou x

Hi there,

We took our little man several times before he was three. At a buffet they eat for free anyway so you will have no trouble with that. I've never been to the Auberge as we have never eaten there. In Cafe Mickey if you ask you can have a smaller plate of something simple made up - if memory serves me correctly it's not on the menu and you have to ask - but we had a small bowl of pasta with sauce made for our DS and I think they maybe charged us ten euro for it? The waiter was very accommodating and realised that DS was too big for a baby jar but too small for the childrens set menu and offered us this as a solution :)

Hope that helps.

Ethan was 1y11m last year and we paid for almost every meal for him. The waiters weren't very helpful!

I am in shock at this!! In 2011 we never paid for my DS. Yes buffets are free but we also were given fries for him in Annettes and a meal in Cafe Mickey for free!
That is a huge change in standards! DLP very much painted it that U3s ate for free at TS and buffets!
I think you may be best to email before you go, mention the specific restaurants and see what they advise?
I have always had prompt responses from the guest communications email address.

Since we had wee man (4 in dec) we've never paid for a meal for him anywhere. In cafe mickey they once tried to charge us for a bowl of plain pasta, I just reminded the server that he was under 3 and it states everywhere that under 3s eat free. He removed the charge no problem.

10 Euros! We never paid for any meals for our DD when she was 1 or 2

Cafe mickey was the worst as all she was given was a plate of fries.

A la carte restaurants in the hotels had a buffet for children which she could eat from for free.

Obviously buffets she just ate with us.

Also have eaten at blue lagoon and Walt's and can't remember what we had there.

This was in 2012 and 2013

In march, we asked in walts and cm. the answer was we had to pay and order off the kids menu. They were also reluctant in walts to even provide a side plate so that we could share with our 2 yo
I think it's inconsistent and frustarating when you have HB vouchers, especially free ones that if she was a year older she would have got then too! But never mind, we filled her up at buffets and she loved the breadsticks in cm. She also filled up at breakfast and we had snacks etc with us for throughout the day.

Dobbycog said:
In march, we asked in walts and cm. the answer was we had to pay and order off the kids menu. They were also reluctant in walts to even provide a side plate so that we could share with our 2 yo
I think it's inconsistent and frustarating when you have HB vouchers, especially free ones that if she was a year older she would have got then too! But never mind, we filled her up at buffets and she loved the breadsticks in cm. She also filled up at breakfast and we had snacks etc with us for throughout the day.

For free vouchers, I'd have upped the birthday to make them qualifying haha!!!

When we took DD1 the first time she was 18 months old. We had half board included in our package and I had been told by the reservation assistant that kids under 3 eat free so she wasn't included in the half board package. I naturally assumed that she would still be given a meal of some sort. She ate free in the buffets. All the other restaurants we were offered a plate of chips and then she could eat off my plate, the worst was Café Mickey where all I was offered was a jar of baby food. I was told in most restaurants that she was to eat off my plate a lot. When I brought up the kids eat free I was offered a plate of chips. Or I could pay for her meal. I wrote to Customer Relations to complain when we got home. I really felt we'd been misled as we had been told the whole way along that under 3s eat free. They do as long as you eat in a buffet or feed them off your plate. Otherwise we had to buy her a meal. Their reply was less than impressive and I got the overall impression that they didn't care. I really think they should stop advertising that under 3s eat free because it's very misleading.

Sorry for the rant but it was honestly the only low we had in what was otherwise a wonderful introduction to Disney for my little lady! :)

It's very misleading if they're telling guests that under 3s eat free everywhere - it's always been my understanding that this is only the case at buffets and if anyone's been given a free meal at a table service restaurant then it's because they've been lucky and had a generous and kind CM.

I think you may be best to email before you go, mention the specific restaurants and see what they advise?

Agree, good idea :thumbsup2 it will be interesting to read their reply.:)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'll email tomorrow, and post the response back on here
Thanks again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter