Under 3s in Restaurants

HappyPanda

DIS Veteran
Hello everybody,

After a bit of a break from all things DLP I'm back in full planning mode for our next trip; one month today we'll have just arrived at the park! :cool1:

This trip DD and I are going with my friend her DS who is 2. Having never been to DLP with an under 3 before I just wanted to get my head around the eating options.

Am I right in thinking that in any table service restaurant, if he wants to eat from the children menu this will just be charged at the normal 3+ prices? What about buffets? I'm sure I read before that under 3s eat free in buffet restaurants, is this still true?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Happypanda,

I don't have kids so I only have very limited experience from having my niece with me on one visit but my understanding is that in buffets under 3's can eat anything they like, so this may be a prefereable option.

There seems to be concensus that table service restaurants are more of a grey area, and variations can be seen across restaurants. Babyfood is always available (to my understanding), but proper food can vary. I have heard some offering a child's meal (those offered to 3+), but others aren't so generous and may only offer rice or vegetables. One option, which we used, was just to ask for an extra plate and put some of the adults food onto a spare plate for your toddler or order an extra side for the toodler.

I would recommend asking when you call reservations but remember you do need to include your under 3 on your reservation if you want them to have a seat.

Good luck

K.

We found our experience a couple of years ago a bit variable. Cafe Mickey was a bit poor we felt just being given a plate of fries, but the best result we thought was the hotel a la carte restaurants as they had a buffet for children.

We'd get a meal off the menu and then could help ourselves from the buffet for our then 2 year old for free. That was specifically in the a la carte in Hotel New York, but I got the impression some of the others were the same. Unfortunately the next time we went some were closed which messed up my plans!

We got nothing free in any table service restaurant for DS2 last year. Just an extra plate for him to share ours or his brothers. Obviously he had whatever he wanted in the buffets, so that was great. I think he got a free drink in Restaurant des stars and auberge, but I think this night depend on the CM.

I have been visiting twice a year witho no under 3 year old since 2011. Back in 2011 dd got s free meal at salts and half price at auburge. Cafe mickeygae ve her free baby food which was gross as it was like the food we give under 1s here. Maybe in frace this us what they Fred their baby baby until 3?

Since this visit we have always been told no free foods no smaller portions it's pay menu price or share yours . The kids meals are too big form a child under 3 and the adult meals aren't usually big enough to share.

Now my middle child is over 3 I buy her a child meal but she will never eat it, so my youngest tends to share with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter