Undecided about CRT

phxbbw6ft1

Earning My Ears
We're going to be at WDW for 2 weeks, so for us we'll be splurging a lot for this trip. We're a couple, no kids. I tried for 2 weeks to get Resv for CRT- Now that I have them- Wow is it worth the cost? It's Breakfast and not even all u care to enjoy, lol. I know a lot of people on here say go for it. But they must have a lot bigger bank accounts than we do. I'm just thinking we could do 2 different meals at great Disney restaurants for the price of 1 CRT meal. I can not decide what to do- I'm open to reading your reasons why we should or should not go to CRT..... :)

im a single young adult, just bought my first house, and go with my parents every year. i pay for everything myself and we go for 12 days each year. so i know how you feel. personally i love doing CRT. we pay OOP every year even though we do the dining plan. the princesses coming to the table are worth it they spend time with you the place is beautiful the food is out of this world. i think you should try it once. i dont personally think it will break the bank. but thats just my opinion.

I think it really depends on the individual...CRT is definitely a splurge, but it's also one of the most unique dining experiences at WDW. Most guests do not go for the food (regardless of the meal); they go for the experience of meeting characters (princesses) and dining inside Cinderella's Castle. I've found the food (dinner) to be okay; not awful, but nothing really outstanding either. The waitstaff has been good and the character interactions seemed fine to me. I liked the fact that the characters were fairly organized, meaning that they followed a set route, so you knew who was coming next and about when (i.e., if they were at a certain table, you knew about how many more tables they'd visit before getting to your table so you could avoid being caught with a mouthful of food). There are no games or parades and it's prix fixe menu, so guests aren't getting up to go to the buffet. So in that way, I think it's one of the less chaotic character meals at WDW.

If you primarily interested in food quality, then I would say to skip CRT. If you're more interested in the overall experience/atmosphere, then I generally say that it's worth visiting CRT at least once.

I have very mixed feelings about CRT.

On the plus side, we love certain aspects of it a pre-park opening breakfast. There's just something entirely magical about walking down a relatively empty main street then eating in the castle with princesses. Plus, it gives you somewhat of a leg up on the Fantasyland attractions.

The main downside is the high price relative to the very mediocre food and service. As far as the food goes (at least for breakfast), I actually think the character buffets (even Chef Mickey's) are better because the selection is so much better while having, IMO, comparable quality (although one advantage of CRT is that the food is brought to your table so you don't have to worry about missing a character while getting food).

As far as the service goes, it has always been very rushed and our servers have always seemed rather jaded. They're wanting to "process" you as quickly as possible and have generally reacted in a put out and surly manner when we've tried to make even the most minor of special requests. Along those lines, I've experienced better service at most 1 credit table service restaurants. For that manner, I've experienced better service at Denny's.

Bottom line is that CRT is not even remotely "signature" status by either food or service. 90+% of what you are paying for is the experience of eating in the castle with princesses coming to your table. If you go in with those expectations, you can still come away with some magical memories. Otherwise, you'll likely leave disappointed.

I have very mixed feelings about CRT.

On the plus side, we love certain aspects of it a pre-park opening breakfast. There's just something entirely magical about walking down a relatively empty main street then eating in the castle with princesses. Plus, it gives you somewhat of a leg up on the Fantasyland attractions.

The main downside is the high price relative to the very mediocre food and service. As far as the food goes (at least for breakfast), I actually think the character buffets (even Chef Mickey's) are better because the selection is so much better while having, IMO, comparable quality (although one advantage of CRT is that the food is brought to your table so you don't have to worry about missing a character while getting food).

As far as the service goes, it has always been very rushed and our servers have always seemed rather jaded. They're wanting to "process" you as quickly as possible and have generally reacted in a put out and surly manner when we've tried to make even the most minor of special requests. Along those lines, I've experienced better service at most 1 credit table service restaurants. For that manner, I've experienced better service at Denny's.

Bottom line is that CRT is not even remotely "signature" status by either food or service. 90+% of what you are paying for is the experience of eating in the castle with princesses coming to your table. If you go in with those expectations, you can still come away with some magical memories. Otherwise, you'll likely leave disappointed.
Pretty much agree with this. Only meeting the princesses isn't that great in our experience either. Talk for two seconds, take a picture...my toddlers were impressed, but it wasn't the most impressive character interaction even for me.

I don't regret going as I really wanted to see the castle, but I don't plan on going again anytime soon (unless my DD begged), there are other ways to meet the princesses.

Without getting into your personal business, if you think you might have an option to go sometime later with kids (whether your own future kids or someone else's), I would be tempted to put it off until then and, as you said, enjoy two nice alternatives for the price of one on the upcoming trip. The meal is neat from an atmosphere standpoint but forgettable from the food side of things. Maybe try to get Akershus or 1900 Park Fare if hoping for a princess sort of meal...or if not even focused on the princesses, the sky is the limit on alternatives.

On the flip side, if you do not go often and/or don't expect to be at WDW with kids in the next several years, then I'd go ahead and go for it. It's definitely a rite-of-passage and should be experienced at some point. To be fair, it can certainly be enjoyed without kids and there are tons of WDW fans who go everyday without the young'uns, but it definitely helps justify shelling out the extra dough (or credits) for CRT when you watch a little kid simply be in awe of what is happening. And to be even more fair, the food isn't awful...it's just not where you might think it should be, but I think we all understand you're paying for a castle and characters and not fine dining. It's a trade off we all make one way or another at WDW.

I would not go to CRT without kids. I really enjoyed our experience there because my daughter loved seeing the princesses and dining in the castle. If I was going on an adults- only trip I would rather spend my money at a signature restaurant like California Grill or Narcoossee's or Citricos.

Again, we enjoyed our food and loved the character interaction but it was not especially memorable. I actually had a better time at BOG for dinner.

Eating in the castle is the biggest draw about Cinderella's Royal Table although I think that it is very expensive for breakfast. We have done dinner when we have gone to CRT. It is still a lot of money but dinner just seems like a better value. The food is good enough. The princess interaction is what you make of it. We have always had a great time with the princesses. Have some questions or things to say to each princess based on their story. We have never felt that we were rushed by the characters. Worth it is very subjective. Only you can make the decision. We have enjoyed our meals there. Cheers!!!!!

I would not go to CRT without kids. We went before it was all princesses, and that was great, but now that it is all princesses, I think it is better to enjoy it with kids.

I had a great 29th birthday dinner at CRT as a group of three adults p, I got my sword and a great chat with the Princesses. Breakfast doesn't interest me as much though.

I think it comes down to a few things, including how much you want to do a princess meal and how much you want to dine in the castle. If dining in the castle is a big priority, then I say do it. If dining with a princess interaction is a big draw, then I'd consider trying to book Akershus, which is only 1 DDP credit as opposed to 2 (you didn't mention doing the dining plan but that can be very important for some). You could also consider 1900 Park Fare as a good alternative. If neither is important, then you might want to consider all the other amazing options at the MK or in the vicinity of the MK.

I find CRT to be very special and we are doing it this year for the 3rd time in a row, and we've done it 4 out of the last 5 trips we've been on. I find it to be worth the DDP credits, but I do understand that it is not for everyone. I also have two young daughters and princess are a huge deal for us!

I would go to CRT without kids and I personally think breakfast is the best of the 3 meals they offer. I also think what they provide, after adding in the pastries, is plenty of food. We've dined there multiple times when it was all you care to eat, and not once did we ever feel hungry and feel the need to order seconds. Meeting the princesses isn't as big of a deal to me, but I love being in the castle.

All that being said, this is a matter of personal preference and you may not love it like I do. And for the price, if you're questioning it now...maybe wait until you have kids and it becomes a without a doubt must do experience. I mean, it is an expensive meal and if you're really unsure...it might be best to push it off to a later time.

I would never pay out of pocket for CRT, especially the breakfast. We are going for breakfast during my upcoming trip using the ddp because it was the one place my friend had as a must do for her daughter since they weren't able to get an adr there during their last trip. It is a really expensive for breakfast and I read more negative reviews than positive ones.

IF you have never eaten in the castle, go!!! We do not like CRT. About ten years ago they changed the entire experience and we did not like the change so we don't go anymore. It use to be a really nice adult dining experience. They served excellent prime rib and the best desserts and then they changed everything. We did not like the changes at all, not to mention, the CRT now cost two dining credits and was not worth. But as I said, if you have not been to CRT, it is really a must do once.

My husband and I went during our last trip and we were some of the first to be seated. The problem is that the Princesses started on the opposite of the dining room and we were literally done with eating breakfast before even meeting one. We sat there and waited for Ariel (my favorite) for a good while and were about to give up and leave until she finally came out. Her and Jasmine were great to interact with. However, I didn't feel it was worth it. Food was mediocre and it wasn't my favorite character interaction.

It looks like I'm the odd one out here. I had dinner there last week (as a solo diner) and thoroughly enjoyed it. My meal was really good (perhaps not great but very tasty), the character interactions were great and as I was there for a late dinner (9:30) I had an amazing view of wishes from inside the castle. I paid out of pocket as well and didn't think that it was exorbitant in comparison to other Disney meals. In saying that I wouldn't feel the need to do it every trip but I would definitely recommend it at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter