Unable to use instacart / publix with a UK mobile number

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi all ,

I am trying to order a food delivery via the insta cart app and the publix delivery website. Unfortunately I’m unable to get past check out as it only accepts USA and Canada area code, have any of you managed around this at all? If not what other options are there?

any suggestions are appreciated!

Maybe you can use your hotel room phone number?

Assuming all of these sorts of things are the same, if you have the app you should still be able to see the real time tracking to be able to meet the driver. I think all texts do not require a response, like "respond if you want this replacement, otherwise we'll move on and delete that from your order".

Even if you manage to get past the checks, don't do it anyway.

The shoppers usually try to call you to confirm the order, ask about substitutions or alert you when they're near the hotel. Also, if they have trouble when leaving items at bell services. If they try to contact you and the phone number doesn't work, then they cancel the order and debit you a cancellation fee.
I managed to get it removed, with the excuse I was on the plane when they have tried to call (true), but the reality was that it wouldn't have worked anyway, the phone number I managed to enter years ago (maybe when they had fewer check) is a UK number.

If you want to try anyway, always add your name in the notes for the shopper. Instacart (they told me) don't send your personal data to the shopper, so once at bell services they don't know to whom leave the package if you don't specify it in the notes.

The easiest solution is to buy an e-sim with an US number for the trip. If you don't have US roaming already included, it's probably also cheaper than buying a data package from your operator and gives you an US number.

After using Instacart for years, I had several consecutive bad experiences--orders cancelled with no notice or explanation. I've found it very easy to use Lyft to the nearest Publix and do my own shopping. It's inexpensive and only takes about an hour.

If this isn't too late, we used a T-Mobile (USA) E-Sim - if you have a recent(ish) iPhone this is a really easy process and not particularly expensive way to get data + a US phone number for a month.

Just make it similar to UK number I know you won't be able to fit whole number in just make it simular and give imstacart or publix a call with your oder number and explain that the number you had to put a US number in and you won't be able to receive texts if you could possibly have communication methods by email instead they'll denote it to tell them you unable to receive calls but to have all communications via email instead.
Make sure push notifications on email app is enabled I recommend talking to instacart and Publix on the phone to explain about your phone number on talkatone app as it won't cost you roaming fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter