• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unable to Checkin Online

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
So tonight I am trying to check in online. I am nine days out from arrival. I’m not adding any credit card. Not adding any other info ( no room request). It shows ME on file. I have read every policy terms and conditions on the page. Still the “ next” button will not become active for me to proceed. Any advice? http://www.***********.com/forums/images/smilies/new/umbrella.gif

you don't HAVE to use online check-in. If the plan is going to the counter anyways to remove the CC from the account, then just check-in then.

Ok. Can I remove it once I check in? We don’t leave CC info on file when vacationing.

They will already have put a $100 hold on the card early in the morning of your arrival. If you don’t want the card on there, don’t do online check-in.

(Be aware that there is no charging to the room if you do not attach a credit card.)

This was happening to me too and I did want to enter my credit card info. I tried through MDE on 2 devices but lucked out yesterday going thru the Disney website on my laptop instead. I’m not entirely sure what was wrong but my hunches are 1) even though my Disney visa was stored thru MDE, they wanted me to enter my security code and I didn’t realize it, or 2) for whatever reason it wasn’t letting me select “I accept the terms and conditions” on the app. I’m not sure but hopefully this helps someone else! Now if I could get JetBlue to work so I can add checked bags to my flight...

I had a problem checking in with my laptop. I tried a few browsers. Instead, I used my smart phone to check-in.

Just as a note for anyone who IS making room requests through the online check-in... If you're waiting until a week or so before your trip, you're likely too late for those to matter. Rooms are generally assigned further out. There's no penalty for cancelling after you've done online check-in (well, outside of whatever cancellation penalties might exist whether you did it online check-in or not), so IMHO it's better to do it earlier - especially if you're using the request field.

I‘ve been trying to check in on line. It’s not working. We were there within two months ago and the 4 digit pin had to be put in a few times at the resort. I guess we’re resigning ourselves to be going to front desk.

I‘ve been trying to check in on line. It’s not working. We were there within two months ago and the 4 digit pin had to be put in a few times at the resort. I guess we’re resigning ourselves to be going to front desk.
Try using the My Disney Experience app on your smart phone to check in.

Same here. MDE just kept giving an error message yesterday and today as well. Would it matter if its DVC reservation?

I have not been able to check in online via laptop or phone but my DH was able to on his laptop through his MDE. So weird!

I had trouble online, so tried the app. It kept telling me I needed to add a cc, which I was trying to! On the app, it still said it wasn't saving, but then when I went out and came back in it had actually saved it and completed check in.

To enter a credit card, I went to my 'profile' under MDE (not the online check in part.) After I 'updated' my credit card there, then I was able to do online check in. HTH.

I had trouble a while back checking in online/adding my credit card. I finally got through by using incognito/private on my browser.

I'm able to check-in but when I go to room requests the only option is 'near elevator' in both drop-downs. :confused3

I'm able to check-in but when I go to room requests the only option is 'near elevator' in both drop-downs. :confused3

Just call - or have your TA call if you used one - to add the requests. The drop down menus are very limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter