Unable to Add Daughter to my Reservation

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
Might be a complex issue. I have a parkhopper ticket in one of my daughter's names. She won't be joining me next time, but my other daughter will. I added her to my VGC reservation in order to book a park reservation that way. When I try to use the ticket to reserve the day we need, it shows as unable to be booked. Other dates that aren't the dates we are staying onsite show up as a choice.

I will keep checking for a cancellation, but I didn't see a way to change the name on my ticket from Daughter A to Daughter B. I've seen it posted here many times that the name doesn't matter at the turnstile, but I think maybe the name is mattering right now to reserve the park date. This is the first time I've seen that there isn't a way to book the theme park through the hotel reservation on the date that we are staying at the hotel.

Can you just book the park reservations under the general public availability calendar? You don't HAVE to use the resort bucket. You are correct that the name on the ticket doesn't matter as long as the ticket hasn't been used.

Can you change the name of the daughter on the hotel reservation so that it matches the name on the ticket? As long as they are not the one checking in, I don't think Disney will check their id.

Can you change the name of the daughter on the hotel reservation so that it matches the name on the ticket? As long as they are not the one checking in, I don't think Disney will check their id.
Yes I’d try this as the issue is likely that the name on the ticket and hotel reservation don’t match so the entitlement to use the hotel reservations bucket for your daughter isn’t available.

Yes I’d try this as the issue is likely that the name on the ticket and hotel reservation don’t match so the entitlement to use the hotel reservations bucket for your daughter isn’t available.
I don’t think this is the issue. I was able to get a park reservation for my niece who wasn’t even listed on my hotel reservation because I didn’t know she was staying with us until the last minute. Once my SIL asked if she could stay overnight with us, I added her Magic Key to my app and was able to book her reservation through my linked hotel (bucket).

Disney doesn't check this. Name on hotel and name on ticket don't need to match.

I think you may have an issue with the tier of the ticket or if a Magic Key, a blocked out issue or the person already hold the max number of reservations.

Is it a one day ticket? If so, you might be trying to book at date at a higher tier than the ticket you purchased. Unfortunately, you can only book the same tier or lower, not higher.

I don’t think this is the issue. I was able to get a park reservation for my niece who wasn’t even listed on my hotel reservation because I didn’t know she was staying with us until the last minute. Once my SIL asked if she could stay overnight with us, I added her Magic Key to my app and was able to book her reservation through my linked hotel (bucket).
But, she wouldn't need to be staying in your hotel. Her name matches her ticket, and they are letting you book her park reservation as a part of your group.

But, she wouldn't need to be staying in your hotel. Her name matches her ticket, and they are letting you book her park reservation as a part of your group.
Right, but my point it, it doesn’t matter what name is on the ticket. If the OP linked it to her account, she should be able to make a reservation on it, regardless of who’s name the ticket is in.

Do you know what tier your ticket is? Are you trying to book a day that’s a higher tier?
I think you may have an issue with the tier of the ticket or if a Magic Key, a blocked out issue or the person already hold the max number of reservations.
It turns out it is a tier issue. I assumed it was the highest tier because it was originally purchased for Dec 23, which I assumed was the highest. But, it turns out it's a tier 5 and I need a tier 6. Is there a way to upgrade the ticket online or in the app? If not, I'll just suck it up and buy a new ticket. I'm sure we will eventually use the other one.

It turns out it is a tier issue. I assumed it was the highest tier because it was originally purchased for Dec 23, which I assumed was the highest. But, it turns out it's a tier 5 and I need a tier 6. Is there a way to upgrade the ticket online or in the app? If not, I'll just suck it up and buy a new ticket. I'm sure we will eventually use the other one.
Unfortunately, tickets have to be upgraded at a ticket window.

Unfortunately, it has to be done at the ticket booth. I’m sorry. It still astounds me that Disney hasn’t figured out a way to allow for ticket changes on their website. There are plenty of other event vendors that allow you to do this.

C'mon, I think we all know at this point it's a can't be bothered situation.

i don't disagree with you but I swear Disney and government work aren't that different..

I think what makes it worse is the CM's at the ticket booths have zero control what they are allowed to process and do , and are only the "messengers" as it were.
Yet unfortuntely being in a customer service facing position they receive the brunt of frustration from many guests who aren't aware things have changed , better or worse.

I feel like I could make a business out of handling people's Disneyland ticket problems, being a local who can easily drive over and park for free. I've heard anyone can do it for anyone else. How much would people pay for this service, do you think? 😂

Look there is a market for EVERYTHING trust me on this lol.

I literally plan out multiple people's trips , dining and help with tips constantly because I literally live and breathe Disney 24/7..and I'm 6 hours away from the closest park haha.
I must easily read 4 hours or more a day between instagram , facebook , dis boards and other venues. I am constantly stalking DVC reservation sites for good deals and have saved thousands and then share my help with others. I haven't found my business model...yet ;)

i don't disagree with you but I swear Disney and government work aren't that different..

I think what makes it worse is the CM's at the ticket booths have zero control what they are allowed to process and do , and are only the "messengers" as it were.
Yet unfortuntely being in a customer service facing position they receive the brunt of frustration from many guests who aren't aware things have changed , better or worse.
As someone having issues with DMV I whole heartedly concur 🤣

Yeah, I feel awful for those frontline CMs. To have someone standing there with tickets ready for vacation and to tell them no entry for you- yikes.

As someone having issues with DMV I whole heartedly concur 🤣

Yeah, I feel awful for those frontline CMs. To have someone standing there with tickets ready for vacation and to tell them no entry for you- yikes.

Oh DMV why are you the way that you are. So glad my REAL ID was basically seamless last year. Now to get my passport..
I work with law enforcement ( professional staff) inside a jail so there similarities between Disney IT and Disney and general are rather..similar.
Ironically it's made me a better planner even before covid was a thing lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter