*Un*Official DIS Reunion Sept2021

For some of us, that's a second blessing of mask wearing. :duck:
I started working at a new office in July. Quite honestly, there are some coworkers I probably wouldn't recognize if I saw them outside of work because I've never seen them without a mask on and most of the women wear some sort of head covering.

I'm an urgent care physician and I'm seeing several cases of COVID a day including many in vaccinated individuals so I'm well aware of how ridiculously contagious it is.

Even if we never meet at the meetup, just wanted to say THANK YOU a million times over for all of the hard work you do every single day with this pandemic. There just aren't enough words.

Even if we never meet at the meetup, just wanted to say THANK YOU a million times over for all of the hard work you do every single day with this pandemic. There just aren't enough words.
Thanks. It’s been incredibly hard to be perfectly honest. I’ve been in practice for 31 years and the last 18 months were far and away the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to deal with.

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the boards for ages so I'm just getting caught up.

We ARE coming to the event. It will be me, DW, and DD (25, almost 26). We'll be in town 9/8-9/13 staying offsite in LBV. We are doing the full event including the DHS party. We will not have park passes so can't join in any in-park meet ups but we may be able to do anything at Springs or resorts. I saw something about Jock Lindsay's. I'll have to read through everything to see what else is happening.

We hope to reconnect with those of you we already know as well as meet more of you during the event.

Add us to the list of those quite concerned about the COVID situation. I'm an urgent care physician and I'm seeing several cases of COVID a day including many in vaccinated individuals so I'm well aware of how ridiculously contagious it is. We will do our very best to avoid indoor dining. I was glad to see that there will be outdoor seating at the convention center since the Contemporary doesn't have any other outdoor options. I'm actually less concerned about the panels and auction room since I can happily wear an N95 in there as I do 12 hours a day at work. It's the meals that are the big issue.

We will also be returning to WDW on 9/28 for the 50th anniversary celebration. I have no idea how we are going to navigate that because it will probably be mobbed everywhere.

Glad to hear Steve and hope to see you!

For some of us, that's a second blessing of mask wearing. :duck:

You know.. I've figured out that I'm a 9 or 10 from the nose up. I may keep these things for a while.

Hi all

hope you are all looking forward to next week will be thinking of you.

my lovely DH has planned a week of activities to make up for my missed trip, he keeping most of it a surprise, the only thing I do know is I’m going to the Harry Potter Experience…

Any who, I contacted GKTW about my tickets and they said they would be able to give them away to a volunteer.

I am so pleased that they are going to a good home and someone gets a fun day/night out.

Hi Steven, thanks for your enthusiastic response and your efforts on this. I will add to the chorus of voices about the primary focus of my event participation is Rise of the Resistance. With the difficulty in getting access to that ride and increasing costs to go to the park, I don't anticipate getting to experience that ride for quite a long time. (It would have been my first time, but I was treated to a park day in Disneyland by a CM friend, so my first time was there.) With respect, I can get a brownie, ice cream treat, cakepop anytime and in a galaxy far, far away from Orlando. I cannot for that particular ride. I appreciate that boarding passes are needed to handle logistics, and perhaps the number of guests preclude a second or third ride experience. But, if the numbers are quite low, it would be ideal to allow multiple rides for those that are keen to enjoy it.

Separately, folks have been asking: Is there a Patreon event associated with the Reunion?
We’ll said.

Thanks. It’s been incredibly hard to be perfectly honest. I’ve been in practice for 31 years and the last 18 months were far and away the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to deal with.
Hi Steve! Just wanted to chime in and say a big “Thank you!!” for everything you have been doing as well. I was going to say it along with the others, but wanted you to hear it just a little more every day❤️
Lookimg forward to seeing you (the unmasked parts of you) in a little over a week

I’m staying at all star movies and attending sundays boo bash. Would love to try and join other events too, but my mom will be with me. She’s not attending the reunion things though.

I do have a question. Today is first day I got an email and it was the waiver from Disney for the event.
Have their been emails about the events before today? Because I haven’t received any 😬

I do have a question. Today is first day I got an email and it was the waiver from Disney for the event.
Have their been emails about the events before today? Because I haven’t received any 😬

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but in Post# 123, Steven from GKTW shares some Good to Know info....

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but in Post# 123, Steven from GKTW shares some Good to Know info....
Yeah I saw those while reading through. That’s what made me wonder if I had missed emails.

I'm staying at CSR but trying to change to CR. Being so late with getting everything settled with a new job been hectic

I got the emails on Tuesday- one about the convention and one about the SWGE party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter