• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Un*Official DIS Reunion Sept2021

In terms of questions, since the DIS marathon show is from 1pm to 7pm on Friday, do attendees stay for the full 6 hours since seating is noted as limited, or are they able to come and go as they please (as long as there's space)?
Good morning! It is come and go all day so feel free to pop in and say hi!

Know Before You Go: After Hours Event

This will be emailed to all attendees in the next few hours but wanted to get this up as soon as I had it.

To make your experience as enjoyable as possible, below is some key information to be aware of before you arrive:

Address: Disney’s Hollywood Studios is located at:
351 S. Studio Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Arrival: Complimentary parking will be provided for all guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting at 8:00 pm. We strongly encourage guests to use their own vehicles or ride sharing services like Lyft and Uber for transportation to and from the venue if possible, to reduce the financial burden for Give Kids The World.

Resort Guests have multiples options for transportation to and from Disney’s Hollywood Studios:

• Arrival
  • Use Walt Disney World transportation for your arrival to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Resort buses run until 9:00pm to the park.
  • A limited number of buses will run from Disney’s Contemporary Resort to Disney’s Hollywood Studios from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm. Use existing Walt Disney World transportation to get to Disney’s Contemporary Resort to get the bus to the event. Parking at the resort is unavailable for this option. Sign up by September 5 at: www.gktw.org/bus
Departure
  • Shuttles will be provided to take resort guests back to their resorts from 10:30 pm to 12:30 am. Shuttles will make multiple resort stops along the way. If you would like to use return shuttle service back to your resort, please fill out the form at this link by September 5: www.gktw.org/bus

Credentials: Guests have the option of picking up their event tickets at Disney’s Contemporary Resort during the DIS Family Reunion as follows. Guests selecting this option must park at Magic Kingdom Guest Parking in the Scar Lot. Parking is complimentary by showing your confirmation email. There is express transportation to Disney’s Contemporary Resort from the Scar Lot. Please bring a photo ID to pick up your event credentials.

• Thursday, September 9: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
  • Friday, September 10: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm

Guests may also pick up their credentials at Disney’s Hollywood Studios:

• Saturday, September 11: Beginning at 8:30 pm at the main entrance ticket booths

Guests who are already in the park for the day may check in at PizzeRizzo starting at 8:30pm – and may use that location as a waiting area until the event opens at 10:00 pm. Guests that picked up their credentials in advance do not need to check in at the main entrance ticket booths and may proceed to the park entrance.

Event Details: Please make note of the following:

• You can enjoy the following experiences during the after-hours party
  • Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Fly the Millennium Falcon on a thrilling interactive smuggling mission.
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Join the Resistance in an epic battle against the First Order on this exciting new ride.
  • Savi's Workshop: Build your own custom lightsaber at this secret workshop and continue the way of the Force (offered at an additional cost.)
  • Oga's Cantina: Step inside this notorious local watering hole to partake of unique libations for all ages (offered at an additional cost.)
  • Milk Stand - Treat yourself to a complimentary cup of Batuu's legendary blue or green milk, served frozen.

• If you would like to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, upon entering Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, you will be given a paper boarding pass with an assigned return time for the attraction.
  • The included dessert buffet with delectable treats will be offered from 10:00 pm - 12:00 am.

Additional Access with your After Hours Ticket
Vendor Hall:
Guests can visit 26 vendor stalls featuring Disney art, toys, memorabilia, offers from travel partners,
and more! The Vendor Hall will be open as follows:

Thursday, September 9: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday, September 10: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm

Auction Hall:
More than 1,500 items will be on display for you to see and bid on, with 100% of the proceeds
benefiting Give Kids The World.

Online auction: The auction opens online at 4:00 pm on Friday, September 3, and
closes at 4:00 pm on Friday, September 10. Guests may pick up their items at no charge to save on shipping and handling expenses.

Walk-through hours: Thursday, September 9: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday, September 10: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm

Auction item pick-up: Friday, September 10: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Photos and
Autographs:
Most of the presenters at DIS Family Reunion will be available for photos and autographs, with the
purchase of every item benefiting GKTW. To ensure we schedule enough time for the presenters, please consider pre-purchasing these offerings using the following link: https://www.gktw.org/disfam/autographs.php

We look forward to seeing you at the DIS Family Reunion after-hours party and truly appreciate your support for Give Kids The World Village by attending this event!

Does this mean we will only be allowed to ride it once during the event or can we go back and get a second boarding group time?

That is what I wanted to know. Not going to lie about being disappointed about a boarding group assignment. I feel like that was one of the big appeals of this event. Being able to ride RoTR several times without a boarding group.

That is what I wanted to know. Not going to lie about being disappointed about a boarding group assignment. I feel like that was one of the big appeals of this event. Being able to ride RoTR several times without a boarding group.
Good afternoon! The park is requiring boarding groups just to encourage social distancing as everyone would walk there at the exact same time at the opening. Additionally, the boarding passes will help spread out the wait times for the attraction to make sure you have time to take advantage of everything else being offered - don't want to miss all of the free desserts! We are hoping to open the attraction to more guests after all of the guests have had the chance to use their boarding pass. Thanks for the question!

Good afternoon! The park is requiring boarding groups just to encourage social distancing as everyone would walk there at the exact same time at the opening. Additionally, the boarding passes will help spread out the wait times for the attraction to make sure you have time to take advantage of everything else being offered - don't want to miss all of the free desserts! We are hoping to open the attraction to more guests after all of the guests have had the chance to use their boarding pass. Thanks for the question!
Hi Steven, thanks for your enthusiastic response and your efforts on this. I will add to the chorus of voices about the primary focus of my event participation is Rise of the Resistance. With the difficulty in getting access to that ride and increasing costs to go to the park, I don't anticipate getting to experience that ride for quite a long time. (It would have been my first time, but I was treated to a park day in Disneyland by a CM friend, so my first time was there.) With respect, I can get a brownie, ice cream treat, cakepop anytime and in a galaxy far, far away from Orlando. I cannot for that particular ride. I appreciate that boarding passes are needed to handle logistics, and perhaps the number of guests preclude a second or third ride experience. But, if the numbers are quite low, it would be ideal to allow multiple rides for those that are keen to enjoy it.

Separately, folks have been asking: Is there a Patreon event associated with the Reunion?

I will add to the chorus of voices about the primary focus of my event participation is Rise of the Resistance. With the difficulty in getting access to that ride and increasing costs to go to the park, I don't anticipate getting to experience that ride for quite a long time. (It would have been my first time, but I was treated to a park day in Disneyland by a CM friend, so my first time was there.) With respect, I can get a brownie, ice cream treat, cakepop anytime and in a galaxy far, far away from Orlando. I cannot for that particular ride.

Preach! (and I agree :-) )

Thanks for the additional information, I understand having to follow Disney's rules with the boarding groups. Do you have a plan for how you will announce to the group if there is availability for additional rides? I'd hate to stand around waiting only to find out it isn't possible, or miss it if I walk away. Is there a possibility of a single rider/stand-by line for those of us who would like to ride multiple times?

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this!

Totally! Otherwise, it's just a regular park day experience.
I sent them an email response with this exact question. What a bummer.
I understand your concern and know that we are going to try and get people on multiple passes. We are in a tough spot with Walt Disney World as if everything operates as normal, than additional passes will be available. However, I never want to over-promise but rather over-deliver on site.

I understand your concern and know that we are going to try and get people on multiple passes. We are in a tough spot with Walt Disney World as if everything operates as normal, than additional passes will be available. However, I never want to over-promise but rather over-deliver on site.

Fingers crossed! It’s just too bad it wasn’t advertised correctly from the beginning. Thanks for your response!

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the boards for ages so I'm just getting caught up.

We ARE coming to the event. It will be me, DW, and DD (25, almost 26). We'll be in town 9/8-9/13 staying offsite in LBV. We are doing the full event including the DHS party. We will not have park passes so can't join in any in-park meet ups but we may be able to do anything at Springs or resorts. I saw something about Jock Lindsay's. I'll have to read through everything to see what else is happening.

We hope to reconnect with those of you we already know as well as meet more of you during the event.

Add us to the list of those quite concerned about the COVID situation. I'm an urgent care physician and I'm seeing several cases of COVID a day including many in vaccinated individuals so I'm well aware of how ridiculously contagious it is. We will do our very best to avoid indoor dining. I was glad to see that there will be outdoor seating at the convention center since the Contemporary doesn't have any other outdoor options. I'm actually less concerned about the panels and auction room since I can happily wear an N95 in there as I do 12 hours a day at work. It's the meals that are the big issue.

We will also be returning to WDW on 9/28 for the 50th anniversary celebration. I have no idea how we are going to navigate that because it will probably be mobbed everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter