*Un*Official DIS Reunion Sept2021

I'm wondering about transportation. I'm staying on site and guessing that I'll be able to bus to MK and walk over to Contemporary, but what time should I aim to be there? How is transportation going to work for the After Party? I'm kinda guessing that they'll just be running buses from Contemporary at the start and back to Contemporary at the end. I'll probably be able to get a Disney bus from ASMovies for the start, but I'm thinking I'll be stuck calling a Taxi or Lyft to get back to my resort.

Good afternoon, everyone! I wanted to apologize for not having enough communication about the event. Our biggest challenge is that we are working through a lot of everchanging logistical details and want to make sure the messaging we do provide is 100% accurate.

With that, we have two 'Know Before You Go' emails scheduled to be sent out. The first one is in regards to everything related to the activities happening at the Contemporary on September 9-10 and the second one is in regards to all things about the after hours event at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

After looking through all of the comments, everything should be answered in those emails.

I appreciate everyone's patience as we navigate through a set of event variables that continue to change daily for us. The one thing I can guarantee is that everyone at Give Kids The World is so excited to be able to give you an incredible event with all of the funds benefitting the wish families that we serve each day.

I'm now registered here on DIS Boards and keeping an eye on this thread but know that we have communication coming out here shortly.

Good afternoon, everyone! I wanted to apologize for not having enough communication about the event. Our biggest challenge is that we are working through a lot of everchanging logistical details and want to make sure the messaging we do provide is 100% accurate.

With that, we have two 'Know Before You Go' emails scheduled to be sent out. The first one is in regards to everything related to the activities happening at the Contemporary on September 9-10 and the second one is in regards to all things about the after hours event at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

After looking through all of the comments, everything should be answered in those emails.

I appreciate everyone's patience as we navigate through a set of event variables that continue to change daily for us. The one thing I can guarantee is that everyone at Give Kids The World is so excited to be able to give you an incredible event with all of the funds benefitting the wish families that we serve each day.

I'm now registered here on DIS Boards and keeping an eye on this thread but know that we have communication coming out here shortly.

Thank you for what you do! Totally understand.....

What are any unanswered questions that y'all are still waiting to hear. Pete wants to address them on the show tomorrow, but he needs an actual list of questions.
I think a lot of the people posting here think this event is similar to past DIS events - the ones that John organizes - and not just a GKTW event that the DIS is a co-sponsor of.
I think most of us are wondering if there are going to be any side events, like there have been at past DIS Meets.
I'd be curious if there will be a podcast taping during the event.

Another question people had was when/where do we pick up our credentials.

Just to piggyback on this a bit (although it sounds like Steven will have this covered!) if we arrive late will there be somewhere different go to pick up credentials? I’ll be a late arrival Thursday late afternoon/early evening. Many thanks for all the planning and for Craig and Steven jumping in here too! Very excited!!

Reactions: GAN

What are any unanswered questions that y'all are still waiting to hear. Pete wants to address them on the show tomorrow, but he needs an actual list of questions.
Whether on the podcast or in an email, I'd love to know how to navigate this event. I've never been to a DIS Family Reunion, so I'm a newbie. How long are the seminars? Can we make one at 3:30 in one Ballroom, and 4:30 in the other, or should I choose? Is there a lunch break, or just catch as catch can? Do you have recommendations of places to eat that are close, or that can be done in an hour or so?
How does the auction items work? Is it a silent auction? Is everything online? Did trivia really disappear, or are you just waiting to find a place to put it? Are the DIS Podcasters going to be around to say "hi" to?
I just want to be excited about this event. There's so much I don't know and I want to come and be confident and have fun.

I greatly appreciate you all! You are asking the questions about the information I am looking for as a newbie to an event of this nature. Thank you all :)

Whether on the podcast or in an email, I'd love to know how to navigate this event. I've never been to a DIS Family Reunion, so I'm a newbie. How long are the seminars? Can we make one at 3:30 in one Ballroom, and 4:30 in the other, or should I choose? Is there a lunch break, or just catch as catch can? Do you have recommendations of places to eat that are close, or that can be done in an hour or so?
How does the auction items work? Is it a silent auction? Is everything online? Did trivia really disappear, or are you just waiting to find a place to put it? Are the DIS Podcasters going to be around to say "hi" to?
I just want to be excited about this event. There's so much I don't know and I want to come and be confident and have fun.
Hey there! Each of the panels/sessions should last about 40-45 minutes, making it possible to see all of the speakers. The auction is an online silent auction but all items will be on display at the event. The DIS team will be very visible and they will be hosting their live show from 1pm-7pm in the auction hall on Friday, September 10. Trivia is looking to be moved to prior to panels to add some atmosphere to the halls. Thank you for asking!

Just to piggyback on this a bit (although it sounds like Steven will have this covered!) if we arrive late will there be somewhere different go to pick up credentials? I’ll be a late arrival Thursday late afternoon/early evening. Many thanks for all the planning and for Craig and Steven jumping in here too! Very excited!!
Check-In:
The following are the times you may check in at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Convention Center:

Wednesday, September 8: 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm (no shuttles will be available; please use existing Disney transportation to the event – ie, monorail, bus, etc.)
Thursday, September 9: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
Friday, September 10: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm

Whether on the podcast or in an email, I'd love to know how to navigate this event. I've never been to a DIS Family Reunion, so I'm a newbie.
Same here.

How long are the seminars? Can we make one at 3:30 in one Ballroom, and 4:30 in the other, or should I choose?
I think I remember reading somewhere that the sessions/seminars will be timed so that we can attend them all if we want? I'm guessing if we want a close/prime seating we might have to give up on a session before to camp out.

Is there a lunch break, or just catch as catch can? Do you have recommendations of places to eat that are close, or that can be done in an hour or so?
It looks like maybe there's a break around 2:00 - 2:30(?), but I'm just guessing. I'll be packing some granola bars and other snacks to tide me over if necessary. Judging by the event site, I'm guessing food will be limited to the normal Contemporary restaurants.

I'm wondering these same things too. I think I remember Steven joking with Pete that he'd be happy to hear they replaced Handbid for their auction. Sounds like we might get more answers on trivia and availability of the DIS team on tomorrow's show. I know that they all would probably love to make themselves available, but under the circumstances I can't blame anyone for wanting to avoid the risk.

Same! Like with many other activities, COVID is certainly challenging my ability to be spontaneous.

Appreciate the updates so much!! I read that there will be vendors. Is that still happening and do we know what types of items? Will they also be selling snacks/ food items or should we depend on the Contemporary stores?

if we don’t sign up/pay now for photos and/or autographs online will we have the opportunity to do so at the event?

Truth be told, the more I think about it, I may still try to salvage some part of this trip. Even if it means driving down from Atlanta on Saturday morning, going to the Galaxy's Edge event, spend the night in like a Hampton Inn or something, and drive back home in the morning. I'm still likely going to postpone my overall vacation package, though. I just want to get *some* of my money's worth.

I'm so happy I found this thread. I was beginning to worry about not knowing how things will be timed. A lot of great information given out today.

My questions are about the capacity of each ballroom. Will this weekend be more like D23 Expo or Destination D? Meaning are there enough seats for everyone that is attending to have a seat, or do we need to line up in advance to make sure we get in? I don't need to sit in the front row, but I would like a seat.

I know with Disney protocol in place we will be wearing masks inside the ballrooms, will there be any social distancing in the seating?

Thanks!!

Thank you all so much for your positive engagement. Please add a "me too" to the questions raised above. They are all aspects I wanted to understand more about. Here are some additional questions that haven't been answered yet, and if they will be answered in the newsletter, I'm happy to wait to receive it later:

- Does the expectation for proper dress include masks, and if so what type of coverings are acceptable? How will this dress code be enforced during the event?

Questions I've asked in prior email about the SW:Galaxy's Edge event:

- Since this is a private ticketed event, are costumes allowed if they meet the same requirements for Disney's Magic Kingdom Halloween Party/ Halloween celebration?

- Are guests limited to the number of times they may enjoy Rise of the Resistance or Smugglers Run during the event? Is the full pre-show and interactive cast members included RotR? (Is there a period of the evening where there will be no pre-show/interactive elements?)

- Are collectible glasses going to be available for purchase at Oga's? Will there be a number of visits, length of stay or drink maximum at Oga's during the event?

- Do you need an appointment to build (purchase) a lightsaber? Will Savi's include the full experience with the interactive cast member ceremony similar to pre-Covid mitigation?

Thanks so much. May the Force be with all y'all!

Last edited:
For the Star Wars event, I'm just curious how many people are expected to attend. I don't imagine it's a lot. Maybe similar to what we saw during the Passholder Preview event.

Appreciate the updates so much!! I read that there will be vendors. Is that still happening and do we know what types of items? Will they also be selling snacks/ food items or should we depend on the Contemporary stores?

if we don’t sign up/pay now for photos and/or autographs online will we have the opportunity to do so at the event?
Good afternoon! There will be 26 vendors on-site for the event ranging from clothing, collectibles, authors, artists and more! For autographs, we'd encourage you to purchase those in advance as we have the opportunity to extend our presenters window of time if there is a known demand. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter