• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Un*Official DIS Reunion Sept2021

Can my "where I'm staying" be updated. I'm at John & kevin's villas 9/7 - 9/12 and then 9/12-9/14 I'm at Wyndham Garden Disney Springs.

Who Is Staying Where:

AKL

SteveW8002 - 09/08 - 09/12
jimmymc - 09/08-09/12

AKV/RR:
rlduvall 09-08-2021 to 09-15-2021

AOA

BLT

Pgsle - 09/07 - 09/12
Webmastermaryjo (Mary Jo) and Califgirl (Chris) - 09/07 - 09/11 (then one night at Swolphin)
Tiggerette 09/08 - 09/14
OKW Lover and Val 09/09-09/11

BWV
Cheri of all trades - 09/04 - 09/06
Bartleyosu - 09/09 - 09/12

CBR
Puplekomodo and friend -09/09-09/12

Contemporary
Remark44 - 09/08 - 09/11
Jkeenz 09/09 -09/12

CSR
jacstangler (Christy and John) - 09/08 - 09/12

FW Campground
DebbieT11 & TheBigGuy - 09/07 - 09/14

GFV
Cheri of all trades - 09/06 - 09/12

OKW
Pharmer_Amy - 09/08 - 08/12

Poly
EE_Mom 9/09 -09/12 (then BLT for one night)

POP
TresGriffin 09/08 - 09/12
afan 09/10- 09/12

SSR
GAN - 09/04 - 09/12
rchristiansen (with Hubby, mum and dad) - 09/08 - 09/12

WLR
Mickey’s My Spirit Animal - 09/08 - 09/12

Offsite:
PamNC -John & Kevin's Villas 09/07 - 09/12 - Wyndham Garden Disney Springs 9/12-9/14

Shesapirate - Storey Lake - 09/03 - 09/12

Tiggerette: I have edited the post to reflect the change of my stay to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort!:thanks:

Tiggerette, thank you for the amazing job of managing this thread! If I was not authorized to edit the “Who’s Staying Where?” Post with my change of resort, please forgive me! (I’m still new to the thread😔) Lastly, can you also please add me to the Boo Bash social and stroll on 6/10 at 6pm?:tink:

So, truth be told, I might not only pull the plug on the WBG brunch, but I'm starting to lose hope that I'm coming down there altogether because the situation in Florida remains very precarious with cases remaining high without any relief in sight. I might give this another week and a half to see what happens before I give my Dreams agent the go ahead and reschedule my trip. I'd hate to have to do that, considering I want to meet so many of you.

I completely understand, Tres. I'm having a hard time reconciling going and potentially contributing to the increasingly worsening situation. It seems contrary to mission to attend a charity event to help families with life threatening circumstances, while hospitals are overrun and cases of severe illness continue to rise.

So far, I still plan to go, but the number and types of activities continue to diminish. I'll still host the events I signed up to do. I am highly unlikely to attend the panels, eat in large group settings indoors. It would be helpful to know from GKtW what the expectation is of the guests who attend. I'd be able to ascertain what adjustments I need to make while keeping in mind post-Labor day transmission impact. I'm used to strategizing for a "best experience" while at WDW, it feels disorienting that I'm strategizing for basic health & well being.

I'm happy to keep the thread updated as folks choose to host events, decline events, etc. I fully support folks in their decisions, whatever they are, as disease continues to significantly impact Florida.

Good morning Tres and Tiggerette! Oh boy! Well said by both of you! 🥰 When I visited WDW in July 2021, I was cautious, too! Then I attended the Wave final dinner with Pete and the team! Again, extremely cautious! Now, I wonder if perhaps my luck is running out? Although I’m fully vaccinated and from NYC, I do have concerns about Florida’s status as the new epicenter! I lived in NYC when it was the epicenter, and I still have PTSD!😜 I just want to say how awesome you both are for discussing this concern!😇 I was hoping that we would hear something from GKTW or DIS regarding this raise in cases! Notwithstanding, here’s to hoping that you both stay safe and awesome! -Tracee:smickey:

So, truth be told, I might not only pull the plug on the WBG brunch, but I'm starting to lose hope that I'm coming down there altogether because the situation in Florida remains very precarious with cases remaining high without any relief in sight. I might give this another week and a half to see what happens before I give my Dreams agent the go ahead and reschedule my trip. I'd hate to have to do that, considering I want to meet so many of you.
You certainly need to do what you feel is right for you.

Living here in Central FL, very close to the parks, we are still going to attend. We are both retired seniors, fully vaccinated, who intend to just go ahead and attend the event. We will take the appropriate precautions. We visit the parks almost every week so this will be only a slightly more risky endeavor for us. Slightly more because this is all inside.

I'm still coming down but I'll be cautious as well. I'll get a test before I go, because Delta among the vaccinated is on the rise in my area. I had already decided I might pass on the GKTW events so highly unlikely I do those -although I'll register and check out the auction items. We'll only do a couple indoor dining meals, and avoid crowds when possible. Still up for the Unofficial Events!

If I could be added to the 9/10 Boo Bash Stroll and the 9/11 F&W Meet-up that would be great. Thanks!

Who Is Staying Where:

AKL

SteveW8002 - 09/08 - 09/12
jimmymc - 09/08-09/12

AKV/RR:
rlduvall 09-08-2021 to 09-15-2021

AOA

BLT

Pgsle - 09/07 - 09/12
Webmastermaryjo (Mary Jo) and Califgirl (Chris) - 09/07 - 09/11 (then one night at Swolphin)
Tiggerette 09/08 - 09/14
OKW Lover and Val 09/09-09/11

BWV
Cheri of all trades - 09/04 - 09/06
Bartleyosu - 09/09 - 09/12

CBR
Puplekomodo and friend -09/09-09/12

Contemporary
Remark44 - 09/08 - 09/11
Jkeenz 09/09 -09/12

CSR
jacstangler (Christy and John) - 09/08 - 09/12

FW Campground
DebbieT11 & TheBigGuy - 09/07 - 09/14

GFV
Cheri of all trades - 09/06 - 09/12

OKW
Pharmer_Amy - 09/08 - 08/12

Poly
EE_Mom 9/09 -09/12 (then BLT for one night)

POP
TresGriffin 09/08 - 09/12
afan 09/10- 09/12

SSR
GAN - 09/04 - 09/12
rchristiansen (with Hubby, mum and dad) - 09/08 - 09/12

WLR
Mickey’s My Spirit Animal - 09/08 - 09/12

Offsite:
PamNC -John & Kevin's Villas 09/07 - 09/12 - Wyndham Garden Disney Springs 9/12-9/14
Shesapirate - Storey Lake - 09/03 - 09/12

I decided this weekend to take a short vacation and used the DIS reunion as an excuse to make it at WDW. I'll be at the Dolphin 9/8-9/12.
Hoping to score some same-day Boo Bash tickets for 9/10.

Delta has me a concerned too. We've been very careful this whole time, I'm vaccinated but still do not want to get sick or add to the problem. I'll be sticking to mostly outdoor activities. Glad to see the indoor masking rule is back and I'm hoping those attending the event are compliant.

We just did a trip to NYC and managed to stay/feel safe, it just took some extra focus and really thinking about where we went/ate/sat. Really hoping the numbers are lower in the next 2 weeks.

I am going still. I understand your concerns and respect them. I am fully vaccinated and feel safe traveling. I have traveled extensively this summer and have been fine. I hope to see you all. I am sure the GKTW events will be socially distanced and masks required so I am not concerned.

Unfortunately, I've decided to go ahead and cancel the reservations for the brunch at Wine Bar George. It's no longer a situation I would be comfortable being in right now.

Right now, the trip is still sort of on. I'm trying to weigh the risks and I'll make my final decision about that later this week. I'm thinking, if I do go, I might just skip the indoor events, but still attend the Galaxy's Edge events, since that's mostly outdoors.

We have decided to cancel our trip for this event. We decided a week or so ago because we were using DVC points and I didn't want them to go into a holding account. Even though we are fully vaccinated, we (me and my parents) decided that with everything being indoors, it just wasn't right for us.

I'm bummed -- we had VIP tickets too. :(

We have decided to cancel our trip for this event. We decided a week or so ago because we were using DVC points and I didn't want them to go into a holding account. Even though we are fully vaccinated, we (me and my parents) decided that with everything being indoors, it just wasn't right for us.

I'm bummed -- we had VIP tickets too. :(

Completely understand. I've updated the lodging area. I think the first posts are updated, but do let me know if there's anything that needs doing.

So sorry that some of you aren't comfortable going. I completely understand your decision, though!

I am still going. I wasn't planning to really go to any of the panels, anyway, as I'll have friends with me who aren't attending -- so nothing has really changed for me. I was there in March and May, and I will be as cautious on this trip as I was on those. Even more so.

I also plan to still be there, and really appreciate the discussion here. This is clearly the best group with all the respectful responses! Kudos to everyone here! The best of the DIS IMO. I’m planning to be at a selection of the panels, not all… and will gauge and adjust according to my comfort level as I go.

I’ll actually be down at WDW for a quick bonus HEA trip 8/31-9/4 with my family and then back solo for the event 9/9-9/12. I have been encouraged also by the low crowd levels of late and have read that mask compliance has been very good for indoor settings. My son is too young to be vaccinated, so I don’t make the decision lightly to still travel at this time. But feel it’s right for our family/me, and we will be even more cautious than we were when we were there in the July crowds and heat.

Unfortunately, I've decided to go ahead and cancel the reservations for the brunch at Wine Bar George. It's no longer a situation I would be comfortable being in right now.

Right now, the trip is still sort of on. I'm trying to weigh the risks and I'll make my final decision about that later this week. I'm thinking, if I do go, I might just skip the indoor events, but still attend the Galaxy's Edge events, since that's mostly outdoors.
One good silver lining is that I read an article (on WKMG Channel 6's website) saying that apparently Florida could be at the peak as we speak and somewhat rapidly hit herd immunity right around the time of the reunion, so that's encouraging. It's keeping hope alive.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter