*Un*Official DIS Reunion Sept2021

Tiggerette

You are *so much* my type of nerd!!
Hi Everyone so I starting this again for the September meet up.

2nd Post:
This post will be used for tracking "official *un*official" information - so details of unofficial meetups when set, along with the official events all tracked together.

3rd Post:
Next, we will keep track of who is staying where (if you are willing to share) - this gives a good idea of who will be there, and for what dates - can help if you want to find someone at your resort to meet up with and potentially help with transportation back after the party - we can use this post for "carpool" information as well

4th Post:
Lastly, this will be used for tracking ideas for events - this can be the idea for the event itself (Karaoke, "bucket crawl", breakfast, morning run, etc.) or for the type of event you are looking for (looking for bar friends, looking for non-bar friends, looking for family friendly events, etc.). We found the later to be really useful in the past, especially for solo travelers or those new to the meetups, etc.

5th Post:
Reserved.

Official details can be found here https://gktw.org/disfam/

Note: This is a follow-on to k8Davies thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/un-official-dis-family-reunion-sept-9-11.3844615/

Attachments

• DISreunionSchedule_9Sep.pdf
    98.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
*un*official event details

Wednesday, 9/8 - Epcot - Afternoon
Food & Wine + Epcot Forever After Fireworks- Organizer Jimmymc
Going:
  • Jimmymc
  • tbd
Wednesday, 9/8 - Disney Springs - 8pm**
Jock Lindsey Hangar Bar Meet Organisers Michele&Jessica
**Due to tight flight arrival, hosts may be slightly late, but will be there.
Going:
  • Michele&Jessica
  • ShesAPirate (Gillian, Chatterati Royalty!)
  • DrummrsAnonmyous
Friday 9/10 - Boo Bash Social and Stroll Contemporary
6:00pm Social
Plan A: Corner Foyer near Grand Republic (Auction Room). Pending interest/logisitics, we'll see if folks want to socialize in Grand Republic/ Auction room to overhear final hour of podcast 6-7pm.
6:45pm Stroll (we may wait till podcast ends at 7pm)
Organiser Tiggerette: dressed as Pride Dorothy Gale
Going to social & stroll:
  • JKeenz
  • PamNC
  • Mickey's My Spirit Animal
  • GAN
  • BayGirl22 (if acquire tix)
  • Danielle
Saturday 9/11 - EPCOT (France Pavillion) - 11AM
Food&Wine Meet Up - Organiser Bartleyosu
Walking around F&W having a few drinks and nibbles
Meet at wall next to lake where they painted pictures.
  • JKeenz
  • GAN
  • PamNC
  • Danielle
Saturday 9/11 DAK - Time TBD
Outside lunch/snack/dessert Quick Service. Organiser afan
  • tbd

Saturday, 9/11 - DHS PizzaRizzo 9pm
Star Wars Nerding

Meet up to enjoy the Force of the SW fan community.
Organiser Tigger-ette: Dressed in Star Wars Tiki Dress with Pride Imperial Officer hat
Going:
  • JKeenz
  • afan
  • TomorrowlandKD
  • Brian_WDW74

Saturday, 9/11 - Galaxy's Edge - 10pm-12am
Party Buddies. Organiser afan
Uber back to POP/AoA. Organiser - afan
  • BayGirl22
  • Brian_WDW74
  • TomorrowlandKD
  • SteveW8002
Sunday, 9/12 - Epcot/ France - Time TBD
Outside lunch/snack/dessert Quick Service. Organiser afan
(Event depends on what the DIS does for the podcast / patreon.)
  • tbd

Sunday 12th Boo Bash (attendees)

Last edited:
Who Is Staying Where:

AKL

SteveW8002 - 09/08 - 09/12
jimmymc - 09/08-09/12

AKV/RR:
rlduvall 09-08-2021 - 09-15-2021

ASM
DrummrsAnonymous 09-07-2021 - ?09/12/2021?
Michele&Jessica 09-07=2021 - ?

BLT
Pgsle - 09/07 - 09/12
Webmastermaryjo (Mary Jo) and Califgirl (Chris) - 09/07 - 09/11 (then one night at Swolphin)
Tiggerette 09/08 - 09/14
OKW Lover and Val 09/09-09/11

BWV
Cheri of all trades - 09/04 - 09/06
Bartleyosu - 09/09 - 09/12

CBR
Puplekomodo and friend -09/09-09/12

Contemporary
Remark44 - 09/08 - 09/11
Jkeenz 09/09 -09/12

CSR
jacstangler (Christy and John) - 09/08 - 09/12

FW Campground
DebbieT11 & TheBigGuy - 09/07 - 09/14

GFV
Cheri of all trades - 09/06 - 09/12

OKW
Pharmer_Amy - 09/08 - 08/12

Poly
EE_Mom 9/09 -09/12 (then BLT for one night)

POP
TresGriffin 09/08 - 09/12
afan 09/10- 09/12
Mcnealrkn 09/08 -09/14

SSR
GAN - 09/04 - 09/12

SWOLPHIN
BayGirl22 9/8-9/12

WLR
Mickey’s My Spirit Animal - 09/08 - 09/12

Offsite:
PamNC -John & Kevin's Villas 09/07 - 09/12 - Wyndham Garden Disney Springs 9/12-9/14
Mickey’s my Spirit Animal - Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek - 09/08 - 09/12
Shesapirate - Storey Lake - 09/03 - 09/12
DisneySteve - LBV - 9/08 -9/13

Last edited:
Dis Meet Up Ideas - For Hosted Planned Events, see 2nd post.

Potential Gatherings/Suggestions:
  • Geyser Point tea time. Covered area outside.
  • Sashay and Sip (or Dapper Stroll) from Polynesian/Contemporary to Contemporary/Polynesian. Wear festive apparel (Tiki? Dapper?) to stroll/scoot by ECV in the evening or early morning. Mostly outdoor.
  • Early morning dash/jog/walk. Watch dawn while enjoying a great walk outdoors, followed by socializing. Suggested locations: Boardwalk loop, Saratoga Springs to Downtown Dis.Springs
  • Watching fireworks at Cali Grill/Top of the World/Other near Contemporary. Indoor/Outdoor options.
  • Disney Character Warehouse. Off-property shopping trip for amazing bargains. Early morning for best selection.

Boo Bash Attendee List.
(See 2nd post for Sep 10 Social & Stroll signup)
Separate ticketed event at MK Fri Sep 10, Sun Sep 12.
  • 09/10 Party attendees
    EE_Mom
    Tiggerette
    JKeenz
    GAN
    Purple Komodo and Friend
    Bartleyosu
    Jimmymc
    Mickey’s my Spirit Animal
    SteveW8002
    TomorrowlandKD
    Cheri of all Trades (+1)

• 09/12 Party attendees
    tbd

Last edited:

Hi all,
I made some logistics updates to the posts upthread. As helpful FYI, I do not facebook, so I will miss any planning coordination there.

- For *un*official events that have hosts and are actively being organized for our community, I've placed those in the 2nd post.

- For IDEAS that need a host/organiser, those are placed in the 4th post further downthread.

I hope this will make it easier for hosts and DISers looking for an event to join.

I am at Pop the 10th til after the event is over :) Solo traveling for the events now that Kate can't come :(

I would be interested in the following and willing to host/organize but don't know that it's necessary -

Other solo people or people that will let a non star wars fan hang out with them at the party. I have done the rides before, they are fun. Just don't want to do the party alone if I can make new friends :)

Sharing an uber from the party back to Pop, so people staying there or AoA that are willing to make the easy walk across the bridge.

Don't mind doing them alone, but if anyone else with be at either/both of the MMC things and wants to sit together.

Saturday I'm at AK and Sunday at Epcot and would be open to a QS outside lunch/snack/dessert somewhere. Sat I don't know where, sad to a lot of people I'm sure, but I don't like a lot of the options in AK. May do a resort. Sunday I'm planning on France. All depending on what the dis does for the podcast and patreon.

@TresGriffin When possible, could you let us know if your brunch can go to seven? Debbie T11 (upthread) would like to go to the WBG event, but there's only one spot open at the moment for the reservation.

Any word yet on the Patreon exclusive meet or the Margaritaville Resort meet Pete mentioned on a show a while back?
I haven't heard anything, but I don't do Facebook. Maybe there's more news on the social media platforms. Please feel welcome to post an update here. There might be DISers who would want to plan a meet-up at the meet-up ;) :)

I'd love to go to Margaritaville Resort !

I'd do Margaritaville Resort as well ...Ryno had also mentioned Universal CityWalk. I get the feeling with everything going on down there, these excursions won't happen.

Do we have a host to coordinate a meet-up/ keep up details for Margaritaville?
If there's a webpage to link to the DISofficial events, other than the GktW page, I'm happy to post it so folks can more easily find the other opportunities to mingle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter