*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion Sept 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete just went live on Youtube with some more details on the weekend.

Still a bunch of unanswered questions, but I THINK you are able to just purchase Galaxy's Edge tickets on their own now without HAVING to buy the convention tickets. The GKTW website still says that we need to buy a convention ticket though, so it's still cloudy. Maybe someone on here has definitive answers!

Maybe we could plan a zoom call for us to be able to bring together our chatterati/DIS family that can't be there in person? I'm loathe to offially plan it, because I don't want to put energy in folx not coming, but I do want to mention that you would be sorely missed Kate, as well as your friend and all the DISers we would have gotten to know.

Maybe we could plan a zoom call for us to be able to bring together our chatterati/DIS family that can't be there in person? I'm loathe to offially plan it, because I don't want to put energy in folx not coming, but I do want to mention that you would be sorely missed Kate, as well as your friend and all the DISers we would have gotten to know.

well if they do Q&As in the live show I expect at least someone to give me an hello, if I can’t come…

Can someone explain to me how the after hours event works? I've never been to one before. I saw that it's from 10-12. I don't have passes or tickets for a regular park day. Do I just meet at the entrance to DHS at 10? Or is there an early entry process? What is included in the after hours party besides the two attractions?

We should probably have a separate thread for the SW:GE event.

In the meantime, I can share that we learned buses will pick up and drop off at the contemporary. The last time I inquired about it, I was told that Contemp/DHS were one only pick-up/ drop-off points. So if you are coming from off-campus, you will park for free at the contemporary as part of the expo/event, and you will be able to exit for free even though it will be after midnight when the buses drop off. Now, I don't think that means.... leave anytime Sunday, but it's worth confirmation.
In the past there was not early entry, because this is a private event. If you want to enjoy the park or just meet people there- you can choose to meet outside DHS prior to party. In the past they swept the park, then opened the park for the private party, walking the group to the land-area arranged for the party.
For what's included, I suggest referring to the FAQ on the GKtW event website. I've asked a for logistical questions about the rides/Oga's/costumes, but have yet to get a reply to post here.

I am going to Food and Wine on Saturday at 11am if anyone wants to join. I won't be there Wed. I would love some company. I know Michelle is planning on joining. Maybe the group going to DS can meet us after brunch. I also have a reservation for Wave breakfast at Cali THur at 10:55am. I want to meet up with anyone going to Boo BAsh. So excited! I also have a Toppolino's breakfast reservation on Sunday 9\12 at 8:20am. It is for 2. If anyone wants to join me, let me know. I hope we have a meetup before Galaxy Edge, too.

If you want to join the eat and drink tour of Epcot on Saturday, let me know!

Also, I suggest that we start a facebook group for when we are actually there. I will try to make one and share here.

well if they do Q&As in the live show I expect at least someone to give me an hello, if I can’t come…

You know I have you covered for some stuff once I'm there. We'll still shop on main street together 😉

Am still keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

@PamNC you aren't doing the sw party correct?

I can't do any of the solo traveler stuff you guys have so far but we may want to set one up for thr party. I know a lot of us did pandora together after having done the solo breakfast and a couple attractions in epcot and had a ton of fun.

I am going to Food and Wine on Saturday at 11am if anyone wants to join. I won't be there Wed. I would love some company. I know Michelle is planning on joining.

If anyone wants to join me, let me know. I hope we have a meetup before Galaxy Edge, too.

Also, I suggest that we start a facebook group for when we are actually there. I will try to make one and share here.

I would like to join for Epcot Saturday 9/11 and have my park pass there that day!
Also thanks for setting up a group, I was thinking that would be a good idea! I’ll check it out tonight!

I would like to join for Epcot Saturday 9/11 and have my park pass there that day!
Also thanks for setting up a group, I was thinking that would be a good idea! I’ll check it out tonight!
Awesome! More people more fun!

Just letting everyone know.
Please note that it is against the DIS guidelines to create a group outside these boards and direct members there

Just letting everyone know.
Please note that it is against the DIS guidelines to create a group outside these boards and direct members there

While I understand this, this group is just like the fb group that was created for the dis 20th event that had several dis employees and others in it. It was quite useful during the event as more people are active throughout the day on fb than on the boards.

I am going to Food and Wine on Saturday at 11am if anyone wants to join. I won't be there Wed. I would love some company. I know Michelle is planning on joining. Maybe the group going to DS can meet us after brunch. I also have a reservation for Wave breakfast at Cali THur at 10:55am. I want to meet up with anyone going to Boo BAsh. So excited! I also have a Toppolino's breakfast reservation on Sunday 9\12 at 8:20am. It is for 2. If anyone wants to join me, let me know. I hope we have a meetup before Galaxy Edge, too.

If you want to join the eat and drink tour of Epcot on Saturday, let me know!

Crystal - as it stands right now I plan on being there Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter