*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion Sept 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the meetup is for EPCOT Forever spectacular show, which doesn't start until 9 pm, can we make the meetup a little later? Maybe 7:30 or 8?
That might be better. 7 should give us time to go to some booths before getting a good spot.

would that give enough time to look at booth, the global market place then get a spot for the show?

or it could be split into two a certain time and place to explore F&W then a later meet up to get a spot for Epcot Forever…

Since the meetup is for EPCOT Forever spectacular show, which doesn't start until 9 pm, can we make the meetup a little later? Maybe 7:30 or 8?
That might be better. 7 should give us time to go to some booths before getting a good spot.
would that give enough time to look at booth, the global market place then get a spot for the show?

or it could be split into two a certain time and place to explore F&W then a later meet up to get a spot for Epcot Forever…
Yay!! Glad you all are planning this! :mickeyjum

I think we can split it and have 2 times, one for food booths at dinner and one for watching the show.

I will tentatively say 6 for dinner and 8:30 for the show, but I also remembered that the team might be doing something special for Patreon members Wednesday evening, so my availability might change later. If it does I'm sure we can find someone else to organize the food meet up. I will definitely be in the park for 8:30 for the show, since I've never seen it before and this night will be my only chance.

I think we can split it and have 2 times, one for food booths at dinner and one for watching the show.

I will tentatively say 6 for dinner and 8:30 for the show, but I also remembered that the team might be doing something special for Patreon members Wednesday evening, so my availability might change later. If it does I'm sure we can find someone else to organize the food meet up. I will definitely be in the park for 8:30 for the show, since I've never seen it before and this night will be my only chance.

If Wednesday looks most likely for the Dis Patreon meet up let’s wait till that info comes out before finalising the F&W portion.

Although will update the front page to say 8.30 meet up at world showcase plazas for Epcot Forever.

At this point, when not at the convention, I am planning on being at EPCOT on Thursday, MK on Friday, Animal Kingdom on Saturday, and HS part of the day Sunday before leaving. Not going to lie, I will be super sad if the Patreon meet-up is Wednesday. I don't arrive until the middle of the night that night and arrive on property Thursday morning. I know they don't want to overlap with convention stuff, but those of us from out of town may not be planning on being there extra days.

If Wednesday looks most likely for the Dis Patreon meet up let’s wait till that info comes out before finalising the F&W portion.

Although will update the front page to say 8.30 meet up at world showcase plazas for Epcot Forever.

Sounds good. The Patreon meetup was casually mentioned on a show, no details have been announced yet.

I would definitely like to do a Wave/Cali breakfast. That would be quite magical. perhaps before the panels start either on Thurs or Friday. I looked on MDE and you can't book CA Grille for breakfast so I guess it's just first come first serve...seems weird though.

I would definitely like to do a Wave/Cali breakfast. That would be quite magical. perhaps before the panels start either on Thurs or Friday. I looked on MDE and you can't book CA Grille for breakfast so I guess it's just first come first serve...seems weird though.

Hi Pam! It’s there in MDE but under “The Wave… breakfast at Cali grill.” And alphabetically it’s under T because apparently no one told Disney that you ignore “the” when alphabetizing things. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Drives me nuts!
I would like to do this as well, depending on the day as I will be arriving late afternoon on Thursday. I could do Friday though!

Hi everyone, we're normally lurkers on this site, but we thought we'd pitch in this time. My wife and I are going to the Boo Bash on the 10th, but we're also taking advantage of the opportunity to volunteer at GKTW on Wednesday and Monday! We're also Navy vets who were out to sea for 9/11, we were serving on board the USS ENTERPRISE, we had just left the Gulf on September 1st so when the attacks happened we did "The Big Turn" and were the first ones back on the scene. Since this will be the 20th anniversary, we're meeting up with a couple of old Navy friends that day. We're very excited about the whole experience!

Today we watched a show about Hanger Bay 7 in Star Wars Land. Does anyone know if that will be open for the party?

Hi Pam! It’s there in MDE but under “The Wave… breakfast at Cali grill.” And alphabetically it’s under T because apparently no one told Disney that you ignore “the” when alphabetizing things. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Drives me nuts!
I would like to do this as well, depending on the day as I will be arriving late afternoon on Thursday. I could do Friday though!
Thank you - Friday sounds good. I'm going to see if I can get it... I'll guess for now as to how many people. BUT - I'm happy to host this event. IF we can get in. I've been trying to make dining ressies for my trip and it's not that easy... like pulling teeth actually. LOL

Another option could be to have a bring-your-own-breakfast picnic in a common area. There was a rotunda I found last time that was out of the way at the Contemp convention, but had plenty of space for socializing.

There's an info session today at 1pm? (I haven't seen where to go for it.) Based on that I think we'll have a better idea of all the other activities happening surrounding the expo to make it easier to plan.

Update on the Wave/Cali Grille Breakfast: NOTHING AVAILABLE and I checked 9/8 - 9/13. What say we just show up?

Yes that sounds good! The schedule shows first events that day at 10:00 so maybe tentatively plan around 8? I’m staying at the contemporary too so I should be able to join the walk up list on the app and/or check the wait very easily that morning. Like if it says 60 minutes or something then we know and will give people time to get there.

There's an info session today at 1pm? (I haven't seen where to go for it.) Based on that I think we'll have a better idea of all the other activities happening surrounding the expo to make it easier to plan.

I think Pete said he’s going to be doing a live zoom with Steven from GKTW at 1:00 so I assume it will pop up a YouTube alert maybe?

I'm not seeing a 1pm live stream on the YouTube. Maybe it'll be posted afterwards?

Just a heads-up: tickets are on sale on eventbrite.com for autographs for Linda Larkin(Sept 9, 11am $40), Chef Art Smith(Sept 9, 2pm $60), and John August(Sept 10, 12:30pm $40).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter