*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion Sept 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made a few changes to the first few post.

So if I have missed anyone off please let me know.

also TresGriffin I have put you down as owner of the Wine Bar George brunch hope that’s okay.

Oh and if anyone wants to be the coordinator for any of the other unofficial meets please let me know.

I’m waiting until I know if I’m allowed to come or not to post details of the Solo Lunch.

As now I’m think it could be a solo Brekkie at the Wave/Cali Grill then it just a quick pop down to the event.

That sounds great, I would love to do a Wave/CG breakfast with the other solos. (Han? Leia? Ben? See what I did there?! 😂 I crack myself up 🙈)

One change for me - same dates 9/9-9/12 - but I did change my reservation to the Contemporary. It’s a bucket list stay (as is the solo trip!) but also the convenience will be nice.

And my poor Dreams agent with all the changes, I’m sure I’m driving her nuts lol! I added another park day to my ticket so I can watch HEA from Main St since it will be my last chance. You will find me enjoying the show (AKA SOBBING 😭) about halfway down main st on 9/9. If anyone else wants to join my cryfest feel free to lmk!

I'm willing to co-host a Boo Bash Promenade (Meet up at Contemporary as we Socialize, Vocalize, Harmonize for a Festive Saunter to the Boo Bash party. Take group pictures in front of The Castle and enjoy your own Boo-tastic evening!)

Depending on the timing of the breakfast, I could co-host a sunrise jog followed by joining y'all at the "solo & friends" breakfast. If the breakfast is real close to the start time of the expo though, I think folks won't have time to shower and change into their expo-finery. So let's see what time breakfast ends up being, if it is a breakfast meetup.

The reason I need a co-host is Mom's health could suddenly change, and I'll need to change travel plans last minute. I really dislike breaking plans with people, so I'd feel better knowing there's a back-up host. My apologies for being a little needy with hosting, I just don't want new folks to be left without a friendly guide to welcome them in to the event!

PS. I saw the expo schedule was updated. I attach a revised schedule below. (Largest change was on Friday.) Ms. Kate, would you have availability to update the first post with the updated schedule? :lovestruc

Attachments

• DISreunionSchedule_22JULY.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I'm willing to co-host a Boo Bash Promenade (Meet up at Contemporary as we Socialize, Vocalize, Harmonize for a Festive Saunter to the Boo Bash party. Take group pictures in front of The Castle and enjoy your own Boo-tastic evening!)

Depending on the timing of the breakfast, I could co-host a sunrise jog followed by joining y'all at the "solo & friends" breakfast. If the breakfast is real close to the start time of the expo though, I think folks won't have time to shower and change into their expo-finery. So let's see what time breakfast ends up being, if it is a breakfast meetup.

The reason I need a co-host is Mom's health could suddenly change, and I'll need to change travel plans last minute. I really dislike breaking plans with people, so I'd feel better knowing there's a back-up host. My apologies for being a little needy with hosting, I just don't want new folks to be left without a friendly guide to welcome them in to the event!

PS. I saw the expo schedule was updated. I attach a revised schedule below. (Largest change was on Friday.) Ms. Kate, would you have availability to update the first post with the updated schedule? :lovestruc

Think every event needs co-hosts as you never know!

If I can come I’m happy to co-host those events.

Although if anyone want to throw their hat into the ring, in the mean time, that would be most appreciated.

Also thanks for the Expo schedule, it won’t open up on my phone; but as it’s past 9pm here I will upload it tomorrow as I’ll fire up the laptop.

Also I’m having a cheeky vodka (as I don’t work Fridays) so worry I would upload it wrong lol :rotfl2:

Tiggerette: BLT Sep 8-14

Ideas:
- Wed Pre-Expo Gathering. Evening outdoor. (Suggested Locations: Pool area at resort where most DISers are staying, Sunset pavilion at the Boardwalk loop, Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar at D.Springs)
- Geyser Point tea time. Covered area outside.
- Sashay and Sip (or Dapper Stroll) from Polynesian/Contemporary to Contemporary/Polynesian. Wear festive apparel (Tiki? Dapper?) to stroll/scoot by ECV in the evening or early morning. Mostly outdoor.
- Early morning dash/jog/walk. Watch dawn while enjoying a great walk outdoors, followed by socializing. Suggested locations: Boardwalk loop, Saratoga Springs to Downtown Dis.Springs
- Watching fireworks at Cali Grill/Top of the World/Other near Contemporary. Indoor/Outdoor options.
- Boo Bash meet up. Separate ticketed event at MK Fri Sep 10, Sun Sep 12.
- Star Wars Nerding. Meet up to enjoy the Force of the SW fan community. (Location ideas: Contemporary for easier bus loading) Saturday 8pm- 9:30pm
- Disney Character Warehouse. Off-property shopping trip for amazing bargains. Early morning for best selection.

Thank you so much Kate!!! I'm willing to be a co-host for all of these ideas above. (Except for Boo Bash, I'll be going Friday 9/10, but don't have tix for Sun 9/12.) I know we won't be able to do all these, but I thought it best to offer them and see where "the Force" resonates most strongly. Thank you again for your awesomeness! (Go England for E

I'd love to do the Wave/Cali Grill breakfast !! That's a great idea. I'm up for a solo lunch too - when we have breaks... I'd love a morning walk (not run...knee issues)

I have made a few changes to the first few post.

So if I have missed anyone off please let me know.

also TresGriffin I have put you down as owner of the Wine Bar George brunch hope that’s okay.

Oh and if anyone wants to be the coordinator for any of the other unofficial meets please let me know.

I’m waiting until I know if I’m allowed to come or not to post details of the Solo Lunch.

As now I’m think it could be a solo Brekkie at the Wave/Cali Grill then it just a quick pop down to the event.

I will be doing food and wine before watching Epcot Forever on Wednesday, 9/8. You can put me as host of the event.

Tres, I'd love to join y'all for the Saturday brunch at Wine Bar George. When do you need to make reservations? Should we post a "sign-up deadline" to make it easier for you?

Michele&Jessica, Are you (y'all?) willing to host? Are reservations needed? I'm up for meeting up at Jock Lindsays for Wed night!

I'm working on the logistics for the dawn walk. I learned that security will stop us on the way to/from the walking path between Contemp through MK to GF/Poly because the park won't be open. I'm rethinking options and timeframes.

Tres, I'd love to join y'all for the Saturday brunch at Wine Bar George. When do you need to make reservations? Should we post a "sign-up deadline" to make it easier for you

Adr date has already passed so best to do anything that needs one now. Also check to see if anything can even been made. Easier to make it for more or two adr for a total of more than you need right now and potentially fill them than to wait and have nothing.

Tres, I'd love to join y'all for the Saturday brunch at Wine Bar George. When do you need to make reservations? Should we post a "sign-up deadline" to make it easier for you?

I went ahead and made a WBG reservation for 6 (as that appears to be the limit on what you can make on OpenTable) on 9/11 at 12 Noon. I should point out that WBG has been, from my experience, one of the easier restaurants to get a reservation for, so since I already have 6 people (myself included), I would highly suggest making a reservation for the same time.

So, here are the 6 I've got at my table:
- Me
- Tiggerette
- Mickey is My Spirit Animal
- EE Mom + Husband
- She's a Pirate

Michele&Jessica, Are you (y'all?) willing to host? Are reservations needed? I'm up for meeting up at Jock Lindsays for Wed night!

I'm working on the logistics for the dawn walk. I learned that security will stop us on the way to/from the walking path between Contemp through MK to GF/Poly because the park won't be open. I'm rethinking options and timeframes.
I am willing to host pre meetup Wednesday at Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar. You do not need reservations. There is an outdoor area that seems perfect for casual get together. I plan on being there at 8:00pm and people can come and go. I want to try the "Bacon of Doom"

Made some updates to the first couple of posts!!

So glad some events are being planned.

I will be doing food and wine before watching Epcot Forever on Wednesday, 9/8. You can put me as host of the event.

what time would you like the meet up to start and where.

Could I suggest 3pm as it would allow for park hopping at Showcase Plaza.

Made some updates to the first couple of posts!!

So glad some events are being planned.

what time would you like the meet up to start and where.

Could I suggest 3pm as it would allow for park hopping at Showcase Plaza.

I will say 4 pm in World Showplace Pavilion, because I'll also be hopping over.

I will say 4 pm in World Showplace Pavilion, because I'll also be hopping over.
Since the meetup is for EPCOT Forever spectacular show, which doesn't start until 9 pm, can we make the meetup a little later? Maybe 7:30 or 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter