• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion Sept 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thanks for setting up the thread. Christy and John will be staying at CSR Sept 8 - 12. Does anyone have any idea how many have signed up? Finally earlier Pete promoted the event and since then I have not seen anyone mention on a Podcast? Am I missing something?

First thanks for setting up the thread. Christy and John will be staying at CSR Sept 8 - 12. Does anyone have any idea how many have signed up? Finally earlier Pete promoted the event and since then I have not seen anyone mention on a Podcast? Am I missing something?
It wasn't advertised (like other Dreams events) for a long long while on the podcast. Once it was determined that the Reunion was "greenlit" there's been more discussion on the podcast about it. I don't think you've missed much, however I believe there was a reservation made for some Patreon members at The Wave. You may want to check in with your Patreon membership/site for more info.

Personally, I find a noticeable difference between a Dreams event, where the DIS team is organizing the event, and this one, where Give Kids the world is mostly organizing the event. Understandably, the DIS team needs to defer in some respects to what and how GKtW wants to proceed. Plus, these types of events have huge amounts of behind-the-scenes coordination. I appreciate that the DIS team may not want to pass along information that may be stale, may have changed, etc.

If anyone has ideas for a DISer meet-up, please share! You might have a new idea that folkx would just love to engage in together!

Thanks for setting this up for everyone. Be sure to track me down for a free drink or two! I'll be staying at SSR from 9/4 - 9/12, solo as well until 9/9 when my daughter joins me for her birthday! We'll be at Boo Bash on the 10th and I may possibly go on the 7th as well ...depends on what the other plans are. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for setting up a thread for the new dates. I will be staying at Caribbean Beach with a friend (who is a Disney nerd, but not as into The DIS as I am). We will be there from 9/9-9/12. We are going to Boo Bash on 9/10 and the Galaxy's Edge Party. Patreon supporters - I am Elizabeth that was the guest last week. :) Excited to come to my first DIS event, but will be balancing hanging out with my friend in the parks and doing girl trip stuff with doing event stuff and maybe some DIS meet-ups. Either way, it will be a good time!

For a meet up idea last time few of us met in MK before the first event and walked over together.

happy to do some similar if some people want to have a pal to walk in with on the first day.

also we had a Solo breakfast (at Garden Grill) was thinking this time we could do Solo lunch in or around the Bay lake area (darn that the wave has closed) we could do chef Mickey’s as there’s a hour and a half break each day for Lunch.

there’s a hour and a half break each day for Lunch.
I’m not seeing a break for lunch in the schedule. But then, I’m not sure how long each presentation is supposed to take. What is the timing that you see for lunch & dinner breaks?

I'm there from the morning of the 10th for longer than most of you since I wasn't actually coming for the event.

I'd love to have some (if there are any) fellow MMC fans to sit with during the panel Fri afternoon and their performance Fri night.

Otherwise you'll probably find me with Kate as she's 1/3 of the reason I'm at wdw this week :)

I’m not seeing a break for lunch in the schedule. But then, I’m not sure how long each presentation is supposed to take. What is the timing that you see for lunch & dinner breaks?

Yeah was being slightly ambitious when I said a lunch break.

But the scheduled is set up by the hour, but there is an 1hr and 30 mins jump between 1 & 2.30, so that definitely leaves a bit of a gap.

Which made me think in or around this time.

Oh crap a doodle doo, just seen that the talks to open up the UK/US boarder has stalled.

Hmm that might spell disaster for my trip!!

I will keep thinking I’m going until I’m told that I’m not.

Although might need to have someone poised to take over the thread if I can’t attend.

As I don’t think I could read about all the fun you’re all having if I’m not there.

Last edited:
Oh crap a doodle doo, just seen that the talks to open up the UK/US boarder has stalled.

Hmm that might spell disaster for my trip!!

I will keep thinking I’m going until I’m told that I’m not.

Although might need to have someone poised to take over the thread if I can’t attend.

As I don’t think I could read about all the fun you’re all having if I’m not there.

I got you sister. I'm happy to help where useful. If there's a way to make me a mod for this thread only, maybe that could help with having a web-wing-gal for ya?
(Does the UK have "wingman" as a phrase? We say that to indicate a helpmate in various situations, usually a pub, but doesn't have to be a pub. Now I sound awkward.... well, I am, though. Been a looong day of appointments...) Anyhoooo, I'm thinking positively that YOU are coming, that my Mom will have even-keel health enough for me to come, and I'll get to meet your friend afan who posted upthread. ALL the peoples to come to DIS reunion who want to be there. *positive vibes* :cutie:

Last edited:
It wasn't advertised (like other Dreams events) for a long long while on the podcast. Once it was determined that the Reunion was "greenlit" there's been more discussion on the podcast about it. I don't think you've missed much, however I believe there was a reservation made for some Patreon members at The Wave. You may want to check in with your Patreon membership/site for more info.

Personally, I find a noticeable difference between a Dreams event, where the DIS team is organizing the event, and this one, where Give Kids the world is mostly organizing the event. Understandably, the DIS team needs to defer in some respects to what and how GKtW wants to proceed. Plus, these types of events have huge amounts of behind-the-scenes coordination. I appreciate that the DIS team may not want to pass along information that may be stale, may have changed, etc.

If anyone has ideas for a DISer meet-up, please share! You might have a new idea that folkx would just love to engage in together!
I am a Patreon supporter and see no info about a Patreon Wave meet up.

Hi. I'll be at Bay Lake Tower September 7-12.

On a show, Pete mentioned a possible event at the Margaritaville Resort. I hope it's a pool party with an open bar...

I am going to Friday Boo Bash, too!

Hi Everyone so I starting this again for the September meet up.

1st Post:
This first post will be used for tracking "official *un*official" information - so details of unofficial meetups when set, along with the official events all tracked together.

2nd Post:
Next, we will keep track of who is staying where (if you are willing to share) - this gives a good idea of who will be there, and for what dates - can help if you want to find someone at your resort to meet up with and potentially help with transportation back after the party - we can use this post for "carpool" information as well

3rd Post:
Lastly, this will be used for tracking ideas for events - this can be the idea for the event itself (Karaoke, "bucket crawl", breakfast, morning run, etc.) or for the type of event you are looking for (looking for bar friends, looking for non-bar friends, looking for family friendly events, etc.). We found the later to be really useful in the past, especially for solo travelers or those new to the meetups, etc.

Feel free to post any info or ideas right in this thread or send me a message if you prefer!

Let the planning begin!!

Official details can be found here https://gktw.org/disfam/

ThursdayFantasia BallroomAmerica Stage Ballroom
9:00am
10:00amKeynote w/ Jeff Vahle, Pam Landwirth
11:00amStories from DL Opening
12:00pmChef Art Smith
1:00pmScreenwriter John August
2:30pmAttractions Actor Panel
3:30pmLee Cockerell
4:30pmTHE Jodi Benson
5:30pmActor & Couturier Ashley Eckstein
6:30pmDIS trivia w/ John Morris
8:00pmOff Kilter
9:00pmYehaa Bob
10:00pmAmerican Martian (formerly Mulch,Sweat & Shears)
Friday
Fantasia Ballroom
America Stage Ballroom
9:00amJames Arnold Taylor "Talking to Myself"
10:00amKeynote w/ Pat Sajak
11:00amJames Arnold Taylor (Redux?)
12:00pmBear in the Big Blue House Panel
1:00pmAuthor Ridley Pearson
2:30pmMickey Mouse Reunion Panel
3:30pmActor Linda Larkin
4:30pmImagineer Tony Baxter
5:30pmDIS trivia w/ John Morris
7:00pmPalm Beach Society Orchestra
8-10pmMickey Mouse Reunion Performances

Friday 10th Boo Bash (attendees)

K8Davies
EE_Mom
Tiggerette
JKeenz
GAN
Purple Komodo and Friend

Saturday

After Hours Event in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - 10pm-12am

Sunday 12th Boo Bash

Bartleyosu (Crystal) BWV 9\9 - 9/12

Who Is Stay Where:

AKL

SteveW8002 - 09/08 - 09/12

AOA
K8Davies 09/07 - 9/13

POP
Jkeenz 9/9 -9/12

BLT
Tiggerette 09/08 - 09/14
Webmastermaryjo and Califgirl - 09/07 - 09/11 (then one night at Swolphin)

CBR
Puplekomodo and friend -09/09-09/12

CSR
Christy and Jo - 09/08 - 09/12

Contemporary
Remark44

AKV/RR:
rlduvall 09-08-2021 to 09-15-2021

Poly
EE_Mom 9/09 -09/12 (then BLT for one night)

SSR
GAN - 09/04 - 09/12

Offsite:
PamNC -John & Kevin's Villas - 09/07 - 09/13

I am a Patreon supporter and see no info about a Patreon Wave meet up.
Hi there, I saw a comment written by another supporter on the Patreon community board about it. It looked like there was some discussion about a list/signup. Perhaps I misunderstood what was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter